Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Huard to start Sunday

Default Huard to start Sunday

This just shows you how inconsistent the Chiefs management is. We are no longer following the plan of sticking with the youth movement. We wasted a chance last week on an experiment that Herm has already given up on. I guess Thigpen struggled enough on game tape that Herm decided to pull Thigpen for the start.

Ironically every fan in the NFL realized that he needed to be pulled after the first three drives last Sunday.

You are asking fans to be patient and let the team grow, and after three weeks of pain and torture you are foldin. Might was well cut Thigpen now, if you aren't going to continue the youth movement that you commited us to.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Didn't the Colts start Manning right off the bat? Most rookie QBs are awful if they are starting right after they're drafted. Of course, there are exceptions.
    Actually, I tend to disagree with this policy that a QB has to ride the pine for a season or two before he gets his shot. Think about it, you draft somebody at probably the height of their career-- when his confidence is peak, to be 'your guy', somebody to 'build around', etc. Then, you sit him. That may or may not hurt his confidence. What that will do, is cool his jets-- maybe make him a little lethargic or rusty, if you will. When you aren't playing your franchise QB, he's getting used to the speed of practice and preseason games. He's not getting the valuable and necessary experience of playing when it counts.

There have been many QB's who have been immediately thrown into the fire that have found success. Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger both already have championship rings. Also look at the careers of guys like Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.

Of course, it doesn't work out all the time but if you have a truly special talent and he's coming into the NFL on a roll, I say let him play. Granted, for a guy to win in this situation takes more than just a stud QB. The ones who find success immediately are usually surrounded by a very good team. A big reason why Matt Ryan is having success and building so much confidence is the fact that there's not a lot of pressure put on him due to the Falcons' success running the football. It's much easier to develop a QB on the fly and build his confidence when he only has to throw 20 times a game as opposed to having to air it out 40-60 times a game for whatever reason. You can bring him along a little more slowly but he's still getting that essential experience and confidence that only comes from playing in the games that matter.

Now, there have been guys developed on the bench that have stepped in when it became their time and found success. There's also been a whole lot of those guys who have fell flat. My point is, for example, if you're the Oakland Raiders and you're on your way to a 4-12 season, why not get your big-name big-contract some snaps and start the real development in a 'rebuilding year' so he's more ready to go when the slate is clean and it's still anybody's game.

It's tough to find top-quality QB's any more. Nobody can say that this or that guy is the next Montana or Favre. They just don't know yet. However, if the guy may have the potential to be that, why not try and find out? Too many coaches shackle their QB's anymore, IMO. It's not about opening things up, making big plays, and keeping a defense on thier heels. Too many QB's look like they are out there only thinking about not making a mistake-- like they are gun-shy because all the coaching staff is grilling into his head on the sidelines is things like "just don't turn it over" or "don't force it"... and a lot of the time, a coach's play-calling will reflect that mentality. I understand you have to play smart, play within yourself, and not turn the ball over. Unfortunately, when all somebody is thinking about is making mistakes, often times that will be when the mistake is made. Maybe not always a turnover, but you can't throw to your check-down every time you pass the ball. Especially, if you have a chance down the field and a confident QB may be thinking, "I know I can make that throw," where another may hesitate and the opportunity is suddenly gone. Then, you get 2 yards on a check-down to your running back instead of 20 to a receiver. That's a mistake.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    The Chiefs have been a very good football team during the months of September.We definitely need a victory while having Damon as the starting quarterback.Going 0-4 during the month of September will be simply a disaster for us.Damon gives us the best shot toward winning that game.Damon needs to make it his goal to play the entire game.He should of played against the Falcons but also should've played against the Raiders.If he played those entire 2 games then we could've had at least a victory already.Herm's big emphasis toward getting young at the quarterback position only allowed Thigpen to start but when in desperate need of a victory we can count on Damon to get it for us.
    No. First of all, what this team has done in past Septembers has nothing to do with this team this year.
    Second, how can you say Huard would have won us the last two games?. No way. Our entire team played good enough to lose both those games.
    Third, we can't count on any of our qb's to give us a desperately need victory. We have no imaginetive game planning and the right side of our OL needs serious help.
    Nope, Its gonna take a complete team effort to beat the donks this sunday, No matter if its Huard or Thig.
    I hope like hell LJ can get 150 yards, or its gonna be a long day.
    Huard is starting, but I think we shoulda left Thig in there until at least after bye week. JMO.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No. First of all, what this team has done in past Septembers has nothing to do with this team this year.
    Second, how can you say Huard would have won us the last two games?. No way. Our entire team played good enough to lose both those games.
    Third, we can't count on any of our qb's to give us a desperately need victory. We have no imaginetive game planning and the right side of our OL needs serious help.
    Nope, Its gonna take a complete team effort to beat the donks this sunday, No matter if its Huard or Thig.
    Huard is starting, but I think we shoulda left Thig in there until at least after bye week. JMO.
    Agreed, if Huard was in, two less interceptions are thrown, but far more sacks are added in.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post

Bike you are a superstar on Chiefs crewd which is superb but there is no way in hell I can imagine seeing Thigpen rip apart the Broncos defense.Should've of he did that against weaker defenses such as the Falcons and Raiders.It didn't happen.That's why Herm won't consider allowing Thigpen do that to the Broncos defense.I also mentioned in another post that Adrian Jones was a disaster which is true.We should've kept McIntosh at left tackle next to B-dub and allow Albert to play right guard or right tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Bike you are a superstar on Chiefs crewd which is superb but there is no way in hell I can imagine seeing Thigpen rip apart the Broncos defense.Should've of he did that against weaker defenses such as the Falcons and Raiders.It didn't happen.That's why Herm won't consider allowing Thigpen do that to the Broncos defense.I also mentioned in another post that Adrian Jones was a disaster which is true.We should've kept McIntosh at left tackle next to B-dub and allow Albert to play right guard or right tackle.
    Statistically, the donkeys have one of the worst defensive units in the league after 3 weeks of play.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Statistically, the donkeys have one of the worst defensive units in the league after 3 weeks of play.
    Statistically the Donkies have also played two very potent offenses in San Diego and New Orleans which will skew their stats.

And one of the best offenses in the league, statistically....

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Statistically the Donkies have also played two very potent offenses in San Diego and New Orleans which will skew their stats.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    And one of the best offenses in the league, statistically....
    Also true.

Homeristically, the donkeys still suck.

True.

Also true.

Agreed. I haven't seen the chiefs win at home in 2 years, (thanksgiving day against the Donkeys) so it would be sweet to watch it happen again.

Nothing could be more true.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast