Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Huard to start Sunday

Default Huard to start Sunday

This just shows you how inconsistent the Chiefs management is. We are no longer following the plan of sticking with the youth movement. We wasted a chance last week on an experiment that Herm has already given up on. I guess Thigpen struggled enough on game tape that Herm decided to pull Thigpen for the start.

Ironically every fan in the NFL realized that he needed to be pulled after the first three drives last Sunday.

You are asking fans to be patient and let the team grow, and after three weeks of pain and torture you are foldin. Might was well cut Thigpen now, if you aren't going to continue the youth movement that you commited us to.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't either, but he hasn't been really given a fair shot either. He has played 8 games with a suspect offensive line and didn't have LJ until the opener.

Based on the reports from Adam Teicher, Croyle proved in the off season that he has the tools to make every throw. The question still remains, can he adapt that to a real game and can he stay healthy. They have to use this season to definately rule him out.
    Nah. Lets try to make something of this season and build off this win. If we turn around and lose at Carolina, I say start Croyle after bye. But if we win, and there is no doubt in my mind that we will, You got to give this offense to Huard.
    Croyle already has proved to me that he cannot withstand the punishment of the nfl.
    How can you pull Huard after 2 straight wins following 8 losses by Croyle?
    SHUT IT

I don't have a problem with Brodie getting one more shot. Though, I would wait until Huard or the offense stumbles to put him back in. If Croyle gets hurt again, he's done IMO.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Nah. Lets try to make something of this season and build off this win. If we turn around and lose at Carolina, I say start Croyle after bye. But if we win, and there is no doubt in my mind that we will, You got to give this offense to Huard.
    Croyle already has proved to me that he cannot withstand the punishment of the nfl.
    How can you pull Huard after 2 straight wins following 8 losses by Croyle?
    I am just telling what I am hearing. It is not my opinion. I think he has already provent hat he isn't reliable, but Herm has stated that he is very patient.

The Chiefs have every intention to pull Huard once Croyle is back. It is a rebuilding year. They want to see if he is the future. It is do or die for him.

That's my opinion too. Should Huard play really well and help enable another victory this week at Carolina then I would think the best option is keep to what's working and stay hot. If he gets a loss I still think he would be our best chance at a w the next game, but having Croyle play to get more experience and see what he can do would at least be more reasonable in such a circumstance.

But yeah looks like Croyle comes back either way when he's able (probably Oct. 19th against the Titans, which is a difficult game). Course a win at Carolina will have our whole team even more fired up, and then they get a bye, and then will be rarin' to rock the Titans. And it would be great to see Croyle also get his first win.

Watching Herm's lengthy press conference yesterday they really didn't address the qb situation until a little vaguely near the very end where he said, "Well Huard won a game and hopefully he can win another one. And then if he wins another one we'll have a great conversation after the bye, won't we? Stay tuned."

Could get interesting to say the least!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oops, while I was typing this 2 others posted entries. I was referring to Bike's last post that I agree with. I shoulld use the quote feature more often, heh.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 10-01-2008 at 11:52 AM.

I just don't think Croyle is an nfl qb. I hope he proves me wrong.
    SHUT IT

Same here.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I don't have a problem with Brodie getting one more shot. Though, I would wait until Huard or the offense stumbles to put him back in. If Croyle gets hurt again, he's done IMO.
    I'm with ya moefoe
    SHUT IT

I don't think he is an every down Starting QB in the NFL. He would be a very effective back up for us. You know manage the game, and dump the ball of to safety valve or throw it away to avoid the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't think he is an every down Starting QB in the NFL. He would be a very effective back up for us. You know manage the game, and dump the ball of to safety valve or throw it away to avoid the sack.
    Just no wins.
    SHUT IT

Ok,the spotlight will be on Damon for this upcoming game but if he wins it for us then that should allow him to remain as the starter.If he loses it for us then Herm may consider getting Brodie back.I believe that Damon is better than Brodie as a quarterback.Brodie truly can be the future quarterback for us.During moments like this when we need to get wins we can rely on Damon(forget Thigpen)to rack up wins for us.As for as the youth movement Brodie definitely is the right guy.No need to draft another College quarterback.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast