Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Huard to start Sunday

Default Huard to start Sunday

This just shows you how inconsistent the Chiefs management is. We are no longer following the plan of sticking with the youth movement. We wasted a chance last week on an experiment that Herm has already given up on. I guess Thigpen struggled enough on game tape that Herm decided to pull Thigpen for the start.

Ironically every fan in the NFL realized that he needed to be pulled after the first three drives last Sunday.

You are asking fans to be patient and let the team grow, and after three weeks of pain and torture you are foldin. Might was well cut Thigpen now, if you aren't going to continue the youth movement that you commited us to.

LJ, play action, bootlegs, sweeps. Whoever is qb, can't just drop back and throw it. He'll get killed. I hope we get Albert back soon.
    SHUT IT

Lightbulb And lets make it twice the charm.

Do it again..LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    LJ, play action, bootlegs, sweeps. Whoever is qb, can't just drop back and throw it. He'll get killed. I hope we get Albert back soon.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Default Losing..

You all don't know me, I am new to the site. Huge Chiefs fan my whole life. I am getting sick and tired of not having a qb or playing the wrong one. The only ones in recent memory we have had that were any good was Montana (last years in the league) and Gannon (went on to be MVP for a different team because we thought Elvis Grbac was our savior...) it is pretty ridiculous, I like carl peterson as much as the next guy, but i think his time is up. Maybe Herm's time is up, as well. I vote to trade for a decent qb. you can find anyone better than our 3, maybe even go out and try to sign culpepper or do SOMETHING, they act like they dont even care and they are not trying to improve. It is one thing to be "rebuilding", it is another to be trying to lose....

Quote Originally Posted by zachl View Post
    You all don't know me, I am new to the site. Huge Chiefs fan my whole life. I am getting sick and tired of not having a qb or playing the wrong one. The only ones in recent memory we have had that were any good was Montana (last years in the league) and Gannon (went on to be MVP for a different team because we thought Elvis Grbac was our savior...) it is pretty ridiculous, I like carl peterson as much as the next guy, but i think his time is up. Maybe Herm's time is up, as well. I vote to trade for a decent qb. you can find anyone better than our 3, maybe even go out and try to sign culpepper or do SOMETHING, they act like they dont even care and they are not trying to improve. It is one thing to be "rebuilding", it is another to be trying to lose....
    This season was over before it began. We definitely should not be trading for a QB. Let the three stooges, that are Croyle, Huard and Thigpen, finish the season and get a first round QB in the draft. Croyle is doomed. He has poor coaching and honestly can't do anything with an offense that is hamstrung. He's almost a victim of circumstance. I think he has the potential to be a good QB, but just does not have the tools available to work with. We don't know if he'll be good, because he's constantly getting hurt from lack of protection.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by zachl View Post
    You all don't know me, I am new to the site. Huge Chiefs fan my whole life. I am getting sick and tired of not having a qb or playing the wrong one. The only ones in recent memory we have had that were any good was Montana (last years in the league) and Gannon (went on to be MVP for a different team because we thought Elvis Grbac was our savior...) it is pretty ridiculous, I like carl peterson as much as the next guy, ....
    You certainly are new...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You certainly are new...

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    This season was over before it began. We definitely should not be trading for a QB. Let the three stooges, that are Croyle, Huard and Thigpen, finish the season and get a first round QB in the draft. Croyle is doomed. He has poor coaching and honestly can't do anything with an offense that is hamstrung. He's almost a victim of circumstance. I think he has the potential to be a good QB, but just does not have the tools available to work with. We don't know if he'll be good, because he's constantly getting hurt from lack of protection.
    The problem I have with taking a first-round QB is that he will get the same lack of protection as our current guys.

It's a well-known fact that QBs don't play as well when they are regularly under heavy pressure. It doesn't matter that that QB gets four plays per game with good protection, because he has adapted to an environment of heavy pressure, so he is used to rushing his reads.

I would rather rebuild the offensive line, then worry about a QB, once we are able to give them a well protected environment. When we can get them used to reading a defense and trusting their protection.

Hell, maybe the QBs hat are looking like crap with all of the heavy pressure that we are allowing, will look like NFL QBs with protection.

I've seen that happen alot of times. Just look at what we got last week. Offer some decent protection, and a QB starts to relax, and suddenly makes better decisions, with more time to think about it.

This week, get the QB pressured early, and he is never able to relax.

The same is true with the HB position. If we make and hold our blocks, a HB gets past the LOS without contact alot.

If we are missing our blocking assignments, or just unable to hold blocks, then HBs get defenders in their face when they recieve the football.

Branden Albert might be able to handle the LOT position. It's pretty difficult to say after two and a half games. And Waters still has some time left. (If we can convince him to stay here.)

Niswanger might work-out, but he really should be having some kind of competition for the job.

But the right side is currently just whatever we can thow out onto th field.

O have been hearing about how we need LBs. There are three starting LB positions, and we have five guys who are of a higher quality than our starting RG and ROT.

The o-line has five starting positions, and we may, or may not, have three decent players. Forget about any quality depth. We have 60% of the starting jobs filled...at best!

I'm not saying that the LB positions shouldn't be upgraded. But, if your boat is sinking and there are two holes, (a big one and a smaller one) don't you try and plug the big hole first?

Shouldn't you concentrate on the big hole, and consider everything else secondary until you get the big problem to a more managable state?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The problem I have with taking a first-round QB is that he will get the same lack of protection as our current guys.

It's a well-known fact that QBs don't play as well when they are regularly under heavy pressure. It doesn't matter that that QB gets four plays per game with good protection, because he has adapted to an environment of heavy pressure, so he is used to rushing his reads.

I would rather rebuild the offensive line, then worry about a QB, once we are able to give them a well protected environment. When we can get them used to reading a defense and trusting their protection.

Hell, maybe the QBs hat are looking like crap with all of the heavy pressure that we are allowing, will look like NFL QBs with protection.

I've seen that happen alot of times. Just look at what we got last week. Offer some decent protection, and a QB starts to relax, and suddenly makes better decisions, with more time to think about it.

The same is true with the HB position. If we make and hold our blocks, a HB gets past the LOS without contact alot.

If we are missing our blocking assignments, or just unable to hold blocks, then HBs get defenders in their face when they recieve the football.

Branden Albert might be able to handle the LOT position. It's pretty difficult to say after two and a half games. And Waters still has some time left. (If we can convince him to stay here.)

Niswanger might work-out, but he really should be having some kind of competition for the job.

O have been hearing about how we need LBs. There are three starting LB positions, and we have five guys who are of a higher quality than our starting RG and ROT.

The o-line has five starting positions, and we may, or may not, have three decent players. Forget about any quality depth. We have 60% of the starting jobs filled...at best!

I'm not saying that the LB positions shouldn't be upgraded. But, if your boat is sinking and there are two holes, (a big one and a smaller one) don't you try and plug the big hole first?

Shouldn't you concentrate on the big hole, and consider everything else secondary until you get the big problem to a more managable state?
    You are very right chief31, but Clark has to grow some, and fire cp!

what's that supposed to mean? That you are big time or something because you have been on the site longer than me? So does that make you old?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I agree with your assessment. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be wasting time, draft picks or money on a QB trade. It will change nothing about how this team performs. There are so many glaring holes in this team that if rebuilding is how they do this, it's going to be 4-6 more seasons before a playoff caliber team takes the field. There's just no way we'll be ready in 2 or 3 like Carl and Herm would like us to believe. If those two clowns are shown the door this season and someone else is brought in we may be able to accelerate the number of seasons. But with these two dummies, it's painfully obvious they have no clue how to rebuild or evaluate talent. At its most basic level, Herm has no clue on how to coach a single game.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast