Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Homers

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default Homers


    0 Not allowed!
    This term has always made wonder. Why is it that we call people who cheer and love their team Homers? Is it a Homer Simpson thing and we are all dumb? Is it because we think positively and all the other fans out there think we are stupid? Do you honestly think that we do not see that we are 0-3 with a good Broncos team coming to town on Sunday? I know you guys who complain about the team have every right to do it and I have no problem with it. I will argue about it with you, but in the end you are all entitled to your opinions, but I am getting pretty tired of hearing how high and mighty you get because you googled a couple of stats, ignored the good stats and then posted them into a Chiefs bashing article. I guess what it really comes down to is how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I am pretty sure that every single person that I meet every single day knows how I feel about them. For the rest of you who feel the need to call us positive fans Homers, I suggest you watch the name calling. I have a name for people who like a team when they are winning and then b!tch and complain about the team when they are losing. They are called BANDWAGON fans. So I look forward to hearing all your refreshing comments from you "diehard" fans when we are back on the winning track.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well call me homer, call me cheerleader, call me anything you want, but I am a Chiefs fan that believes we have problems, but I will always be cheering for the team, always believing we can win! Yes I think cp time is done and has been for a while, still think herm may be able to build a team, but not sure if he can coach a team yet.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yep, I love the Chiefs with a never ending passion. I just went for a walk and proudly displayed my Chiefs hat, Chiefs shirt with a huge KC logo, and Chiefs shorts. (Also was wearing my Chiefs watch and carrying my Chiefs mini helmet).

    People who are positive and passionate about the Chiefs regardless of their record are true Chiefs fans. Doesn't mean we think they can do no wrong. We criticize things, as does Mitch and Len. But I don't see how those who would claim to be true Chiefs fans would trash on them and say things like, "'I'm not watching any more games", "I hope we go 0-16", "A high school football team would beat us," "Len Dawson would do better than our QB's", "We suck".

    GO CHIEFS! BEAT DENVER!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well said all of you!!!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This term has always made wonder. Why is it that we call people who cheer and love their team Homers? Is it a Homer Simpson thing and we are all dumb? Is it because we think positively and all the other fans out there think we are stupid? Do you honestly think that we do not see that we are 0-3 with a good Broncos team coming to town on Sunday? I know you guys who complain about the team have every right to do it and I have no problem with it. I will argue about it with you, but in the end you are all entitled to your opinions, but I am getting pretty tired of hearing how high and mighty you get because you googled a couple of stats, ignored the good stats and then posted them into a Chiefs bashing article. I guess what it really comes down to is how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I am pretty sure that every single person that I meet every single day knows how I feel about them. For the rest of you who feel the need to call us positive fans Homers, I suggest you watch the name calling. I have a name for people who like a team when they are winning and then b!tch and complain about the team when they are losing. They are called BANDWAGON fans. So I look forward to hearing all your refreshing comments from you "diehard" fans when we are back on the winning track.
    I would have a hard time calling someone who has been a fan of the team for 30+ years but is sick of the BS that has been going on for the last 7 or 8 a "Bandwagon" fan. I find it rather humorous to see you say that you don't have a problem with people that bash the team. I believe many arguments have been in direct cause of that very thing. By the way, I am speaking of myself and if you saw my game room at the house, you would see that it is possible to cheer for your team while bashing them for the inept product they have fielded in the last several years!! Cheers!! NOT ARGUING, JUST LOOKING AT IT FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I would have a hard time calling someone who has been a fan of the team for 30+ years but is sick of the BS that has been going on for the last 7 or 8 a "Bandwagon" fan. I find it rather humorous to see you say that you don't have a problem with people that bash the team. I believe many arguments have been in direct cause of that very thing. By the way, I am speaking of myself and if you saw my game room at the house, you would see that it is possible to cheer for your team while bashing them for the inept product they have fielded in the last several years!! Cheers!! NOT ARGUING, JUST LOOKING AT IT FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.
    I have never said I don't have a problem with people bashing the team. If anything I have said the exact opposite. There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and bashing. I think people who bash the team will soon claim to be the biggest fans when we start winning again. If you want to complain about legitimate problems with the team then yby all means go ahead. I will be right there with you, but most of the bullsh!t that goes on here is people who are bashing the team start bashing other members who stand up for our team. That is where my problem lies. I forget who posted it, but I read a post today that said "...and you start calling people names. What are you 12 years old? " That is just continuing the name calling and it makes certain members seem like idiots. Like I have been saying for years now. Constructive Criticism is fine by me. Winning or losing, nothing is perfect, but when I hear people come on here saying we suck, I expect to see another team logo in their avatar. I no longer question people fandom. I don't care how people behave at the end of the day, but I personally have never and will never bash the Chiefs because in my book that is the opposite of what a fan does. JMHO
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Kudos To That Post!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I would have a hard time calling someone who has been a fan of the team for 30+ years but is sick of the BS that has been going on for the last 7 or 8 a "Bandwagon" fan. I find it rather humorous to see you say that you don't have a problem with people that bash the team. I believe many arguments have been in direct cause of that very thing. By the way, I am speaking of myself and if you saw my game room at the house, you would see that it is possible to cheer for your team while bashing them for the inept product they have fielded in the last several years!! Cheers!! NOT ARGUING, JUST LOOKING AT IT FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.
    DH I would like to come party with you! We all know that you are a big time Chief's Fan, and you know you like us homers to.


    You know you do.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I have never said I don't have a problem with people bashing the team. If anything I have said the exact opposite. There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and bashing. I think people who bash the team will soon claim to be the biggest fans when we start winning again. If you want to complain about legitimate problems with the team then yby all means go ahead. I will be right there with you, but most of the bullsh!t that goes on here is people who are bashing the team start bashing other members who stand up for our team. That is where my problem lies. I forget who posted it, but I read a post today that said "...and you start calling people names. What are you 12 years old? " That is just continuing the name calling and it makes certain members seem like idiots. Like I have been saying for years now. Constructive Criticism is fine by me. Winning or losing, nothing is perfect, but when I hear people come on here saying we suck, I expect to see another team logo in their avatar. I no longer question people fandom. I don't care how people behave at the end of the day, but I personally have never and will never bash the Chiefs because in my book that is the opposite of what a fan does. JMHO
    I guess I considered bashing and complaining the same thing. You never said anything in your original post about constructive critisism. I don't have ANY problem saying the team sucks when in fact it's the TRUTH!!! Doesn't mean I don't want them to win or that I like them any less. It's just a fact!! There can only be so much constructive critisism for so long. How many times can a person say the same thing over and over and over? IMO, what a fan does is cheers for their team with out waivering while at the same time, saying what is right about that team. My definition of a homer is someone who is unrealistic and will not voice the truth about their team. A person who never see's anything wrong with their team. To me, stroking a team or a person for that matter when they are clearly doing something wrong is not helping, in fact, it is hurting.

    As I said before, I have been called a bandwagon fan before because I voice an opinion that was unfavorable to the so called "homers". I have traveled to atleast one Chiefs game a year in different parts of the country for over 20 years now! So, my point is that everyone who has voiced disgust in the way this franchise is being run as well as the way they are playing are not bandwagon fans.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    DH I would like to come party with you! We all know that you are a big time Chief's Fan, and you know you like us homers to.


    You know you do.
    I'm ready when you are!!!! I like all Chiefs fans. I just don't like when they get mad because I tell the truth about what is going on with the team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •