Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homers

Default Homers

This term has always made wonder. Why is it that we call people who cheer and love their team Homers? Is it a Homer Simpson thing and we are all dumb? Is it because we think positively and all the other fans out there think we are stupid? Do you honestly think that we do not see that we are 0-3 with a good Broncos team coming to town on Sunday? I know you guys who complain about the team have every right to do it and I have no problem with it. I will argue about it with you, but in the end you are all entitled to your opinions, but I am getting pretty tired of hearing how high and mighty you get because you googled a couple of stats, ignored the good stats and then posted them into a Chiefs bashing article. I guess what it really comes down to is how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I am pretty sure that every single person that I meet every single day knows how I feel about them. For the rest of you who feel the need to call us positive fans Homers, I suggest you watch the name calling. I have a name for people who like a team when they are winning and then b!tch and complain about the team when they are losing. They are called BANDWAGON fans. So I look forward to hearing all your refreshing comments from you "diehard" fans when we are back on the winning track.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Most people here already know that I'm about as critical as anyone on the Chiefs, mostly because it sickens me to see them playing like they are. I'm kind of spoiled, though, I grew up in the 90s and the Chiefs were always at the top.

As for the homer thing, it's more just a term used to describe people who cheer for their team no matter what, which is fine with me. You can call me a homer I guess, since I cheer no matter how bad the team looks. I know one day I'll watch them play and they'll grow before my eyes and become unbeatable. We just need to get Herm and CP out of here first! Remember, when you're critical on something you love, it means you truly love that something!
    Well said, that is not where my problem lies. My problem is with the mindless bashing which seems to me more like abuse than love. But I guess as some have so passionately argued with me, it is their right to bash so bash away!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

that's what makes this game so interesting. opinions no one wants to respect or believe in one's concept. the solution to all this mess is :::::: LET"S ALL PPRAY IN UNISOM TO THE FOOTBALL GODS TO COME AND BLESS THE KANSAS CITY CHIEF ENTIRE FOOTBALL ORGANIZATION, THE OWNERS,PLAYERS ,COACHES, AND MOST OF ALL THE OPINATED #1 DIE HARD FANS. PRAYER STARTS TODAY AT 12:00 NOON. signed chief running bull

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up -bashing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Bashing may refer to one of the following:
    • The pejorative bashing implies excessive or unwarranted criticism on a subject, group or individual.
    Constructive criticism, or constructive analysis, is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism. Having higher experience, gifts, respect, knowledge in specific field and being able to verbally convince at the same time, this person is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually. For high probability in succeeding compassionate criticism, the critic has to be in some kind of healthy personal relationship with the other one, which is normally a parent to child, friend to friend, teacher to student, spouse to spouse or any kind of recognized authority in specific field. Hence the word constructive is used so that something is created or visible outcome generated rather than the opposite. Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism, focusing on positive examples to be emulated over precepts to be followed.
    There can be tension between friendly support and useful criticism. A critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognize what is poor or slapdash in their body of work, but the critic may appear harsh and judgmental in the process. Useful criticism is a practical part of constructive criticism.

Can you tell the difference now?
    Hmmmmmm.....excessive or UNWARRANTED critisism.

I believe it is ALL WARRANTED!!!!!!

The organization needs to take notice of what the Lions just did.

EXCESSIVE...

and yes they do need to take notice.

EXCESSIVE...

and yes they do need to take notice.
    I guess this term is subjective to which side of the fence you are on. I'm sure there are some out there that don't think it's excessive enough being they continue to field the same type of team year after year for the last several years.

Like I said, I think most that call theirselves Chief Fans, still cheer every game for the team they love but a lot of us have boiled over at the fact that the organization (owner) is still letting a guy that has been unproductive for years now still run the team!!! Some say he doesn't draft the players or bring in FA's. BS!!!!!! He is as big a part of the process as the headcoach and ALWAYS has been!!! It's his rule around that place. So, to those that say he doesn't, well he brought in a head caoch that he has had a 20 year relationship with that had no success with the team he was fired from and knew that they would work together as a two man team to bring in players. Tell me again how CP isn't running EVERY aspect of what goes on behind the scenes of this football team????!!!!!

I don't know if anyone thinks this is constructive or excessive but it is a fact!!!! Sometimes the facts hurt.....almost as much as watching my team take the field on Sundays!!!!

Chiefs fan

team. I guess no one grasps the concept of constructive criticism so I guess we all might as well start bashing the team we love. While I am at it, I am gonna tell my kids how stupid they really are when they struggle in school. And when my wife has some difficulty at work I am gonna tell how sh!tty a job she is really doing. I guess my homeristic attitude has made me less of a fan who really knows nothing about the Chiefs.
    This is what threw me over the edge. How can you can compare bashing the chiefs, to bashing your family one doesn't compare to the other, not even close. It's apples and hand grenades. If you aren't questioning there fandom, why throw out the term 'bandwagon fan', we are 0-3, on a 12 game losing streak, I thought the purpose of a 'band wagon' fan is to switch loyalties because the other team is on a winning streak. You might say I am a bandwagon fan, because I wanted to see the Patriots go 19-0 last year, I want to see Donovan McNabb win a superbowl, so I cheer for the Eagles. Those ideas make me a bandwagon fan, not the fact that I don't have superior knowledge of the subject to give constructive crticism, and hope. I look to you guys, those who know more about the sport than I do, for that.

My point in saying that was this. When you love something (like I do my family and the Chiefs) I do not see how it is helpful to continually bash them when they are struggling with someone. I prefer to offer constructive criticism over mindless bashing. Obviously my family is much more important to me than the Chiefs and I can have a direct impact on their situation. The reason I threw out the term bandwagon was in response to someone who posted that "Homers" cheer unrealistically about their team and don't recognize the real problems. I guess most of the Homers on here are too nice to say anything back for fear of a three page (and counting) thread like this one. All I have said is that i think it is bullsh!t when people mindlessly bash the Chiefs and I have several Chiefs fans argue quite passionately with me that they should be able to. So bash away, but I will always be in your ear telling you that I think it is bullsh!t to bash my favorite team.

Maybe I read a little to much into the term Bandwagon Fan that you originally posted. I think of a different meaning when it comes to Bandwagon. To me a Bandwagon fan is one that jumps from team to team or whomever is popular at that given time. I do not believe 'bashing' your team, (I really only bash Herm, I simply don't like him as a head coach) that's on a 12 game losing streak makes you a bandwagon fan. That's all. Not everyone views things the same, so for you to call someone's thoughts bullsh*t, i think is bullsh*t. That's how they feel and they are voicing their opinions just like you voice yours. Next time you are at Arrowhead I'd love to buy you a couple of beers,drink some rumpy, and we can debate Chiefs topics all morning long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123