Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Brohm

Default Brian Brohm

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/9...hould-be-on-ou

Talks about our best way to get a QBOTF. I like Brohm and always have, but I think we could get him for Surtain, Huad, and MAYBE switch our 2nd rounders BUT NOT first like this guy says.

Hell I think Straight up trade for Surtain and Huad, I mean Brohm did get beat out by a 7th rounder of teh SAME draft class. SO teh packs would be loosing there 3rd stringer.

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Don't sell the guy short because he couldn't beat out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Seriously.
    And his name comes up yet again! How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get this guy?
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    And his name comes up yet again! How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get this guy?
    I can think of two butt-buddies that you could sacrifice!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Don't sell the guy short because he couldn't beat out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Seriously.
    Makes sense. I just think it would be difficult to pick up somebody worth a crap from another team, or they would keep him themselves. It was Pats that had the forsight to draft Cassel, not Peterson. Why would they give him up?
    IMO (obvious, I know) a teams success depends on its ability to spot, draft, sign, and develop players from the draft. And I feel that many holes can be filled through free agency - just not qb. We need to build around a qb that we draft and develop ourselves.
    I think if you'd look back at all the superbowl winners, 95 percent of them drafted and developed their own qb's.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Makes sense. I just think it would be difficult to pick up somebody worth a crap from another team, or they would keep him themselves. It was Pats that had the forsight to draft Cassel, not Peterson. Why would they give him up?
    IMO (obvious, I know) a teams success depends on its ability to spot, draft, sign, and develop players from the draft. And I feel that many holes can be filled through free agency - just not qb. We need to build around a qb that we draft and develop ourselves.
    I think if you'd look back at all the superbowl winners, 95 percent of them drafted and developed their own qb's.
    They may have to give him up, just like the Chargers had to give up Michael Turner. They can only pay a backup so much because of the salary cap and as a restricted free agent it is easy enough for teams to put in a poison pill in the contract that makes it so the Pats can't match the deal.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Start yourself a KFC restaraunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Remember! It was the Pats that had Bledso (spelling?) before Brady got the start. Im wondering if we arent seeing then beginning of the end of Brady's future in New England.
    They may have to give him up, just like the Chargers had to give up Michael Turner. They can only pay a backup so much because of the salary cap and as a restricted free agent it is easy enough for teams to put in a poison pill in the contract that makes it so the Pats can't match the deal.
    I dont foresee too many teams jumping at Cassel. Again, I think Brady would come up before Cassel. Bellichek has proven that he will go with a healthy and young guy before a older hurt guy.

does anyone have any hair or an old dried bloody towel from J. Montana? We could clone him....watched the old donk game from 1994 tonight...(ah, those halcyon days)That guy had unbelievable pocket presence, a step here a move there to work with the line for that one more second.....sorry, was lost in a moment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12