Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Brohm

Default Brian Brohm

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/9...hould-be-on-ou

Talks about our best way to get a QBOTF. I like Brohm and always have, but I think we could get him for Surtain, Huad, and MAYBE switch our 2nd rounders BUT NOT first like this guy says.

Hell I think Straight up trade for Surtain and Huad, I mean Brohm did get beat out by a 7th rounder of teh SAME draft class. SO teh packs would be loosing there 3rd stringer.

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/9...hould-be-on-ou

Talks about our best way to get a QBOTF. I like Brohm and always have, but I think we could get him for Surtain, Huad, and MAYBE switch our 2nd rounders BUT NOT first like this guy says.

Hell I think Straight up trade for Surtain and Huad, I mean Brohm did get beat out by a 7th rounder of teh SAME draft class. SO teh packs would be loosing there 3rd stringer.

What you think?

My thought is wait until next year, keep your draft picks, and go after Matt Cassell in free agency. He's due to be a free agent, the Pats will have Brady back as the starter, and no way is Cassell going to sign to be a backup again when a half dozen starting jobs are going to present themselves (Chiefs, Vikings, maybe San Francisco, Cincy if Palmer gets out like he wants, Tampa is always looking for a QB, Detroit possibly, St Louis possibly and who knows is Favre will return next year in NY)

The Pats can't 'franchise tag' a backup, so essentially he'll be able to go as a free agent, and if the Chiefs can land a few top linemen in the draft I think they could turn the team around in one season. The defense would look a lot better if the offense was controlling the clock 35+ minutes a game...and of all those teams, KC might be in the best salary cap position thus could outbid the others for Cassell without breaking the bank.
    Last edited by rbedgood; 09-24-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    My thought is wait until next year, keep your draft picks, and go after Matt Cassell in free agency. He's due to be a free agent, the Pats will have Brady back as the starter, and no way is Cassell going to sign to be a backup again when a half dozen starting jobs are going to present themselves (Chiefs, Vikings, maybe San Francisco, Cincy if Palmer gets out like he wants, Tampa is always looking for a QB, Detroit possibly, St Louis possibly and who knows is Favre will return next year in NY)

The Pats can't 'franchise tag' a backup, so essentially he'll be able to go as a free agent, and if the Chiefs can land a few top linemen in the draft I think they could turn the team around in one season. The defense would look a lot better if the offense was controlling the clock 35+ minutes a game...and of all those teams, KC might be in the best salary cap position thus could outbid the others for Cassell without breaking the bank.
    call me crazy, but i'm not willing to build this franchise around Matt Cassel. If he's here as a "stop gap," that defeats the efforts the Chiefs will be putting forth trying to build this team thru youth because whoever the young QBOTF is, will be years behind this team when they are finally ready to compete. This is the year the Chiefs HAVE to find their franchise QB. They're already two years behind and can't afford to waste another year waiting to develop a QB.

TX,

You're not crazy. My philosophy is that you don't need a stud QBOTF if you have the right team around a better than average QB. I like Cassell for a guy who has little experience. I think he will be a starter in this league and I'd rather see you guys use your top pick for a stud O-linemen that would push Albert back into the interior line, once again giving you a dominating line rather than a mediocre to poor one. My philosophy would be to solve the problems in the trenches first.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    TX,

You're not crazy. My philosophy is that you don't need a stud QBOTF if you have the right team around a better than average QB. I like Cassell for a guy who has little experience. I think he will be a starter in this league and I'd rather see you guys use your top pick for a stud O-linemen that would push Albert back into the interior line, once again giving you a dominating line rather than a mediocre to poor one. My philosophy would be to solve the problems in the trenches first.
    I honestly haven't seen anything from Albert to think he can't handle the LT position. If Albert can stay there, it would be more advantageous to spend that high pick on another position, QB/DE/LB rather than another OL. You can pick up a stud Guard or RT in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think spending two high 1st round picks on two LTs would be overkill... even if Albert can play another position.

I don't like the idea AT ALL of spending a top 15 pick on a guard. Because, that's basically what it would boil down to. I just think you could much better value with that high of a pick than spending it on a position that you could fill later in the draft.

is sad is we are talking about the next draft, already, and the season just got started. We suck for sure, no reason to watch anymore, we are playing to win the draft now for sure, guess I will stick my head back down into the sand, and F that, I do not want a low pick in the first round, I want this team to start playing to win! I want cp out! I want this rebuilding to go faster, I want in the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs, and I want a Super Bowl win!!!!!!!!!! cp needs to go, facts are, we should not be rebuilding, but always retooling........... Herm has done well in draft so far, but I do not see the passion to win, at least DV had that. Much that our problems now are from the cp/DV time, at least DV was always playing to win, not playing to lose.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-26-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    is sad is we are talking about the next draft, already, and the season just got started. We suck for sure, no reason to watch anymore, we are playing to win the draft now for sure, guess I will stick my head back down into the sand, and F that, I do not want a low pick in the first round, I want this team to start playing to win! I want cp out! I want this rebuilding to go faster, I want in the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs, and I want a Super Bowl win!!!!!!!!!! cp needs to go, facts are, we should not be rebuilding, but always retooling........... Herm has done well in draft so far, but I do not see the passion to win, at least DV had that. Much that our problems now are from the cp/DV time, at least DV was always playing to win, not playing to lose.
    You mean playing not to lose!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'd rather have Brohm than Cassell and sooner rather than later.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I'm not sold on Cassel. A career backup in college and nfl, he led Pats to a 25 pt loss to Miami? At Foxboro.
    My choice would be Stafford in next draft.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm not sold on Cassel. A career backup in college and nfl, he led Pats to a 25 pt loss to Miami? At Foxboro.
    My choice would be Stafford in next draft.
    Don't sell the guy short because he couldn't beat out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast