Could TE Gonzalez play for another team?

The topic came up Tuesday between an NFL Network reporter and a Chiefs official: Would Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez be willing to finish his career in another city, with another team, that had a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl?
Reporter thought yes, Chiefs official thought no.
Then, the question was posed to Gonzalez on Wednesday and he set the record straight. While it might not be the ideal scenario, he could see himself going to Chiefs management and requesting a trade to a Super-Bowl contender.
“Yeah. I definitely could, but I love being a Chief,” Gonzalez said Wednesday. “But if it was something where it was going to take three or four years or whatever before they get this thing right, I think it would be in their best interest to maybe see what they can get and send me off.
“But I love being a Chief and I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else at this point. At the end of this season, hopefully I don’t have to ask that. Hopefully we get this thing turned around. I’ve got a family now. I came here when I just turned 21, so this is home. That’s where I’m at right now with that.”
It makes sense. A rebuilding Chiefs team gets a first-day draft pick in return for a tight end that is only going to play another couple of seasons. Gonzalez knows what a delicate subject it is. He handled his answer just the right way.
But know this: The losing has to be driving him mad. He hasn’t won a playoff game as a member of the Chiefs. Nor has linebacker Donnie Edwards, who could be another candidate Kansas City could consider trading. If Kansas City can get fair value for Gonzalez and/or Edwards, they are deals the Chiefs should think long and hard about.

This sucks to read, but i guess you can't blame him.