Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How 'Bout them chiefs all you nay sayers!!!!!!!!!

Default How 'Bout them chiefs all you nay sayers!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game today!!!!!!! The secondary that certain people wanted to get rid of had how many interceptions??? Wait ill tell ya, 2, Also 2 more forced fumbles for this young defense..... Im so pumped.... And the future is bright like us "HOMERS" keep saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how bout McBride? I know he hasn't played at a pro bowl level or anything but he has made great stride from last year. He has really shown versatility in the rush be it a bull or finesse. And he gets off the line fast and plays hard... I am excited to see this guy develop.

And kudos to Johnston for getting his first sack (at least I think it is his first)

With how young our D line is if they develop to their potential they are gonna be scary good.

Huard wasn't hurt against Oakland. It was funny to watch them get the story straight. Herm said he was dizzy, Huard said he didn't know he was hurt, then later his neck was stiff, nobody on the team seemed to know he was hurt, nobody was administering medical help to him. It was too funny.

Played pretty good yesterday. Love to beat the donks. hate them. I don't care if we lose a lot of games with this young team, I just want them to play with pride and heart like they did yesterday, especially against a rival at home.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im too liking what im seeing from McBride atm. It is a improvement from last year, but he is still learning and developing and hoping he will be a force from the endor even from the middle. I also REALLY hope Gunther can get the defense back to the glory days where we averged 2 or 3 turnovers a game! Although im still not liking the Cover 2 defense. I still say give Gunther his damned defense back and let him do his thing with what we have. He will make it work and work well!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Williams didnt win the starting job because Edwards is the veteran leadership that Herm is wanting on the defense. Plus, with the new mic helmet for the defense, im sure Gunther feels more comfortable with Edwards. Williams had a great game though and after watching Cutlers comments after the game? I hope Williams walks up to Cutler when we go to Denver and introduces himself! Has Edwards lost a step? Probably but im still thinking that they are keeping him in for the leadership. Lets see if Williams keeps up this play and im sure he will unseat Edwards.
    I don't know what makes a better leader. A vet who cant back up his leadership with play, or a guy who inspires the rest of the team with great play.

It was clear to me that Williams and DJ made the players better around them with their play, and vice versus. The youth, fire, determination, heart and rivalry feed the Chiefs yesterday.

Dont quote me on this but i remember herm saying in hard knocks he drafted turk because of his motor and always playing until the whistle blows and yesterday was a prime example of that.... I just wish we could get a little more of a pass rush from the front four, but i think they are doing a good job of keeping the lineman off of our linebackers because of tank and dorsey in the middle

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know what makes a better leader. A vet who cant back up his leadership with play, or a guy who inspires the rest of the team with great play.

It was clear to me that Williams and DJ made the players better around them with their play, and vice versus. The youth, fire, determination, heart and rivalry feed the Chiefs yesterday.
    I agree. Didnt really understand why Edwards got the start since he didnt play as much as Williams in the pre-season except for they thought they knew what they were going to get from Edwards. Like I said, I think Edwards has prob lost a step but I wonder if they havent given him the option to call plays while on the field. If they have? Then theres the diffrence since him and Gunther are close. I think yesterday was just a team that finally meshed and went B@ll$ out! I think that whoever was in there yesterday woulda got it done simply since it was the Donks. I did like the determination from all the younger players. I LOVED how the Brandon twins played! Dj is turning into a freaking monster. Williams showed he proved why he should be on the field more, and the D-line played better.

i listened to all week long on espn sirius radio everywhere about how this game was going to a blowout and the chiefs did not stand a chance all i have to say is SCOREBOARD yesterday could not have went any better

I have not had fun like that watching a game in too long it seems. I was cheering my arse off. Loved it.

DJ and Williams were studly and I definitely want to see Williams getting more playing time.

McBride does seem to be developing well and our secondary is a bunch of ball-hawks.

I hope we play like this every week from now on.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

does that mean damon huard will be the starter now?...0 interceptions yesterday...offense showed up..defense showed up..special teams made plays..definitely turned around..proved me wrong for sure..lets hope they can keep this up tho..

Quote Originally Posted by zro2gon View Post
    does that mean damon huard will be the starter now?...0 interceptions yesterday...offense showed up..defense showed up..special teams made plays..definitely turned around..proved me wrong for sure..lets hope they can keep this up tho..
    Probably unless he gets "hurt" again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast