Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How 'Bout them chiefs all you nay sayers!!!!!!!!!

Default How 'Bout them chiefs all you nay sayers!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game today!!!!!!! The secondary that certain people wanted to get rid of had how many interceptions??? Wait ill tell ya, 2, Also 2 more forced fumbles for this young defense..... Im so pumped.... And the future is bright like us "HOMERS" keep saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    The Broncos got beat up by L.J. and our defense stepped.Damon can stay QB because he's completely better than Thigpen but also we would've won if he started those 2 previous games.I still do hope for players such as Patrick Surtain and Donnie Edwards to come back healthy because they are important pieces to our defense.Seeing our young players with those 2 key vets only make me want to imagine how better our defense truly could've been during the Broncos game.We also need my dude Nap Harris back healthy because he's better than Pat Thomas.Bring on those Panthers.
    Couple of things, first off Huard did start against the Raiders, he just got "injured". Second, Pat Thomas beat out Napoleon Harris for the starting spot, so why would he come back? IMO, they're both awful.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Couple of things, first off Huard did start against the Raiders, he just got "injured". Second, Pat Thomas beat out Napoleon Harris for the starting spot, so why would he come back? IMO, they're both awful.

Ok,Damon did start which was right but Thigpen should've came out of the game and Damon should've went back in because Thigpen proved both games that he wasn't capable of being maintaining the quarterback job.Second,Pat Thomas has no right to even think about remaining comfortable at his position.He only beat Nap because it was Nap that was dealing with a injury.Pat Thomas completely scares nobody from a offensive standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Cause this season isn't about winning. It is about playing young and getting players experienced. It is a rebuilding year. Huard is not part of the future. We can play Huard for the rest of the season and then have a question mark again next year at QB.

The quesiton that remains, Is Croyle the guy? We need this season to find out. If he tanks, we need to look at other options. IF he does well, awesome. Lets fix a different hole.

Now if Herm has decided that Croyle just isn't reliable and has already given up on him. Then Huard will remain the starter and be ready for a new QB come next year.
    Croyle not the answer. Hasn't stayed healthy. Hasn't won a game.
    SHUT IT

I'm thinking if the Chiefs win at Carolina then Huard starts on Oct. 19th. If the Chiefs lose at Carolina then Herman goes back to Croyle on the 19th.

I personally think Huard should stay the starter (unless he happens to perform abysmally). He can get us wins, Brodie is still looking for his first win, and the season is early and we're (obviously) still right in it. But I'm afraid Herm is just too interested in the development and rebuilding of the young players, even at the expense of winning games. But we'll see.

Wouldn't it be really silly, though, if we win again next week at Carolina and then Herm still starts Croyle on the 19th anyway (saying something like, "Well, we said he was our #1 QB at the outset. Now that he's able to play again, he's the starter.") ?

I like Brodie and haven't given up on him (or Thigpen either) but just think it makes the most sense to go with whatever is working the best for winning. Just because Huard is not the FUTURE is no reason he can't be the PRESENT.

As Great as Huard played Sunday , He is still not the future . We have to find out this year who the future is . Huard is the right now and Thank God we have him. But we have to get Croyle back in and run let him run his course. Otherwise we can be ( If Huard keeps winning games ) another team like we have had for the past 10 years . " Above Average- but still Average " Our Goal is a superbowl and I doubt Huard will be the guy that takes us there . But its only my opinion. But we do need to see where we stand with Croyle - We have Huard as a backup if things start go south during a game . And I am not giving up on Thig either , I dont know why but I think hes gonna be a great QB someday. It will only come from experience, ups, downs and tears of sadness and joy. ( for Croyle or Thigpen ) .

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    As Great as Huard played Sunday , He is still not the future . We have to find out this year who the future is . Huard is the right now and Thank God we have him. But we have to get Croyle back in and run let him run his course. Otherwise we can be ( If Huard keeps winning games ) another team like we have had for the past 10 years . " Above Average- but still Average " Our Goal is a superbowl and I doubt Huard will be the guy that takes us there . But its only my opinion. But we do need to see where we stand with Croyle - We have Huard as a backup if things start go south during a game . And I am not giving up on Thig either , I dont know why but I think hes gonna be a great QB someday. It will only come from experience, ups, downs and tears of sadness and joy. ( for Croyle or Thigpen ) .
    I agree with everything you said, but I wonder if our future qb is even on our roster yet....
    SHUT IT

...no I am not. Yet!! :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    actuallyit's 3-14, at least that's what the CBS announcers said.
    Here is Shanahan's complete record at Arrowhead as a head coach. I didn't search through for his record during his tenures with SF & Denver as a coordinator.

Shanahan @ Arrowhead
    1988 (Oak) Win 1-0
    1989 (Oak) Loss 1-1
    1995 (Den) Loss 1-2
    1996 (Den) Loss 1-3
    1997 (Den) Loss 1-4 (his one playoff game @ Arrowhead was this year and he won)
    1998 (Den) Win 2-5
    1999 (Den) Loss 2-6
    2000 (Den) Loss 2-7
    2001 (Den) Loss 2-8
    2002 (Den) Win 3-8
    2003 (Den) Loss 3-9
    2004 (Den) Loss 3-10
    2005 (Den) Loss 3-11
    2006 (Den) Loss 3-12
    2007 (Den) Win 4-12
    2008 (Den) Loss 4-13
    Last edited by rbedgood; 10-01-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: I shouldn't post after 1:00 a.m.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Here is Shanahan's complete record at Arrowhead as a head coach. I didn't search through for his record during his tenures with SF & Denver as a coordinator.

Shanahan @ Arrowhead
    1988 (Oak) Win 1-0
    1989 (Oak) Loss 1-1
    1995 (Den) Loss 1-2
    1996 (Den) Loss 1-3
    1997 (Den) Loss 1-4 (his one playoff game @ Arrowhead was this year and he won)
    1998 (Den) Win 2-5
    1999 (Den) Loss 2-6
    2000 (Den) Loss 2-7
    2001 (Den) Loss 2-8
    2002 (Den) Win 3-8
    2003 (Den) Loss 3-9
    2004 (Den) Loss 3-10
    2005 (Den) Loss 3-11
    2006 (Den) Loss 3-12
    2007 (Den) Win 4-12
    2008 (Den) Win 5-12
    ummm....didn't we just win that one?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'm off today. Time for a cold frosty one.
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast