Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How Bout Them Rookie Corners Folks!!!

Default How Bout Them Rookie Corners Folks!!!

Is it just me or did Brandon Carr, a 4th round pick play excellent against, statisically, the games best wide reciever in Brandon Marshall. At first, I thought they were crazy for putting Flowers on Royal and Carr on Marshall. I figured, you put our best on thier best right? But Gunny knew what he was doin! These two Rookies played exceptional!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, Donnie Edwards needs to retire, so does Surtain, and Napoleon Harris is a backup. I'm not sold on our defense after one week, either, but to say those guys would dramatically make our defense better is silly.
    AJ Smith knew what he was doing when he let Donnie walk after '06.

Donnie was done, and should neve have been brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    AJ Smith knew what he was doing when he let Donnie walk after '06.

Donnie was done, and should neve have been brought back.
    12 years in the league will do that to a player, although I think Tony G still has gas left in his tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    12 years in the league will do that to a player, although I think Tony G still has gas left in his tank.
    Tony plays a position where speed isn't nearly as important to making plays as LB.

And he has never been all that fast anyway.

Donnie's only real strength was his speed.

When he lost a step, he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Is it just me or did Brandon Carr, a 4th round pick play excellent against, statisically, the games best wide reciever in Brandon Marshall. At first, I thought they were crazy for putting Flowers on Royal and Carr on Marshall. I figured, you put our best on thier best right? But Gunny knew what he was doin! These two Rookies played exceptional!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, it was great how they played against the Broncos, but don't be surprised if they have an up and down season, due to their inexperience. The nice thing is we're starting to see some positive progress. Our biggest test so far will be against the Panthers. They are the most complete team we've come across so far. Even if we don't win, if we're at least competitive that will show me that we're making improvements.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345