Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: they made some big adjustments

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default they made some big adjustments


    0 Not allowed!
    i liked what i saw yeaterday out of kc and yes herm to they were alot more aggresive on defense blitzing more and they did a heck of a job on coverage still had a couple of big runs on us bet we kept them out of the end zone great job d on offense we looked a whole lot better on third downs they actually passed farther than five yards the tony td was the highlight of the game for me congrats and great catch tony although he had me a little worried with his injury any news on that all in all i think this is the way kc ball should be played a little more aggresive and oh yeah screw the donkeys
    Last edited by slc chief; 09-29-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i liked what i saw yeaterday out of kc and yes herm to they were alot more aggresive on defense blitzing more and they did a heck of a job on coverage still had a couple of big runs on us bet we kept them out of the end zone great job d on offense we looked a whole lot better on third downs they actually passed farther than five yards the tony td was the highlight of the game for me congrats and great catch tony although he had me a little worried with his injury any news on that all in all i think this is the way kc ball should be played a little more aggresive
    Thats what im saying! Gunther blitzs and changes the blitzes! He runs man to man and not the damned cover 2. He only runs the prevent when we are up by 2 scores. Get rid of the Cover 2 and let Gunther call his own shots!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The defense definitely looked much better today. We forced 4 turnovers while our offense was able to move the ball and only turn it over once. +3 in the turnover differential and sustaining drives is a recipe for success. I hope we can turn some of those red zone field goals into TD's in the future, tho.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, they need to work harder on the TD v FG. I think we showed something this weekend though....the young kids can play it when they want to. lets just see if they can do it for more than 12 games, or even 8 after this weekend. Although that leaves 4 more games to test their stamina.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i hope the players can take another step forward this weekend and that should come with more time but i especially want the coaches to not forget what works that was the best game they have had this year and they need to stick with what works

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i hope the players can take another step forward this weekend and that should come with more time but i especially want the coaches to not forget what works that was the best game they have had this year and they need to stick with what works
    A lot of it comes down to execution. When you look at this game as a whole, this is pretty much Herm's game plan. Get turnovers, don't turn it over, establish a running threat, and control the clock. It looked dismal the first few games but now it seems that the players and coaches are adjusting to each other and figuring out which pages from the playbook are the keepers and home-run hitters.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    A lot of it comes down to execution. When you look at this game as a whole, this is pretty much Herm's game plan. Get turnovers, don't turn it over, establish a running threat, and control the clock. It looked dismal the first few games but now it seems that the players and coaches are adjusting to each other and figuring out which pages from the playbook are the keepers and home-run hitters.
    i definantly agree that was herm ball yesterday but i did see some differant stuff yesterday especially on defense and i liked it

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i definantly agree that was herm ball yesterday but i did see some differant stuff yesterday especially on defense and i liked it
    Yeah, if there was really much of a change coaching-wise, it was on defense. You could tell that Gun was running that show.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    A lot of it comes down to execution. When you look at this game as a whole, this is pretty much Herm's game plan. Get turnovers, don't turn it over, establish a running threat, and control the clock. It looked dismal the first few games but now it seems that the players and coaches are adjusting to each other and figuring out which pages from the playbook are the keepers and home-run hitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i definantly agree that was herm ball yesterday but i did see some differant stuff yesterday especially on defense and i liked it
    Wasnt just Herm ball. It was Gunther ball also, which was under who? Martyball, which was? Cowher ball! when have we had our best defense? With Cowher and Gunther but it all came under Marty! Not that I really cared for Marty as a HC but loved how he left his legacy with our 2 best DC's!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I must have seen the game differently. I am pretty sure the Chiefs didn't blitz a bunch. They did in certain situation but every time they did (except once), Denver stone walled the Blitz. I can't remember how many times I saw just four mean rushing the QB.

    That is also the same reason that DJ had an interception and why D. Williams would have had one if he didn't have a club on his hand because of his injury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •