Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chances we deal Tony Gonzales???

Default Chances we deal Tony Gonzales???

Hey First post here, I saw rumors that Tony G would have no problem being moved to a contender. My first reaction was negative as I'd like the see him finish his career as a chief.

But then I got to thinking, it would be be nice to give Tony a chance at a ring, plus we are definitely in rebuilding mode. Maybe adding another draft pick and the flexibility it brings is the best long run decision for this franchise.The only negatives I see is that it basically tells Larry Johnson we are not trying to win this year and next year. And we also lose on some solid veteran leadership for are young guys on Offense Bowe, Jamaal Charels, Brandon Albert, Croyle.

Would you guys consider trading Gonzales? what would we have to get back in return? I was thinking a 2nd rd pick, that was what it cost the Bolts to pick up Chris Chambers from Miami lastyear at the deadline or maybe a 3rd and 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyBall View Post
    Hey First post here, I saw rumors that Tony G would have no problem being moved to a contender. My first reaction was negative as I'd like the see him finish his career as a chief.

But then I got to thinking, it would be be nice to give Tony a chance at a ring, plus we are definitely in rebuilding mode. Maybe adding another draft pick and the flexibility it brings is the best long run decision for this franchise.The only negatives I see is that it basically tells Larry Johnson we are not trying to win this year and next year. And we also lose on some solid veteran leadership for are young guys on Offense Bowe, Jamaal Charels, Brandon Albert, Croyle.

Would you guys consider trading Gonzales? what would we have to get back in return? I was thinking a 2nd rd pick, that was what it cost the Bolts to pick up Chris Chambers from Miami lastyear at the deadline or maybe a 3rd and 5th round pick.
    It will never happen. I posted his interview on this forum a couple of days ago. You should read it. Youll see how people blew his statement way out of proportion.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Gonzales has said this before too, and it never happened. I don't think it will happen, but I would not put anything past Carl and Edwards. Truly, if Gonzales is traded, it will be a boneheaded move by these two.

I think, the hand that will be played here will be by the fans. I think most of us would like to have Gonzales win a ring, but the truth is that I think at 32, Gonzo has a few more years left in him and very could be back on a contending team with the Chiefs before his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    It will never happen. I posted his interview on this forum a couple of days ago. You should read it. Youll see how people blew his statement way out of proportion.

Do you have a link? Also what is you opinion will it never happen because Tony doesn't want to leave KC. Or because the organization would never trade him away.

Do you have a link? Also what is you opinion will it never happen because Tony doesn't want to leave KC. Or because the organization would never trade him away.
    No link, but here is part of the conversation:

Then, the question was posed to Gonzalez on Wednesday and he set the record straight. While it might not be the ideal scenario, he could see himself going to Chiefs management and requesting a trade to a Super-Bowl contender.

“Yeah. I definitely could, but I love being a Chief,” Gonzalez said Wednesday. “But if it was something where it was going to take three or four years or whatever before they get this thing right, I think it would be in their best interest to maybe see what they can get and send me off.

“But I love being a Chief and I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else at this point. At the end of this season, hopefully I don’t have to ask that. Hopefully we get this thing turned around. I’ve got a family now. I came here when I just turned 21, so this is home. That’s where I’m at right now with that.”

It makes sense. A rebuilding Chiefs team gets a first-day draft pick in return for a tight end that is only going to play another couple of seasons. Gonzalez knows what a delicate subject it is. He handled his answer just the right way.

But know this: The losing has to be driving him mad. He hasn’t won a playoff game as a member of the Chiefs. Nor has linebacker Donnie Edwards, who could be another candidate Kansas City could consider trading. If Kansas City can get fair value for Gonzalez and/or Edwards, they are deals the Chiefs should think long and hard about.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

If he would actually ask for a trade I would not be totally opposed to it if it was to a contender and we got something great for him. He has proven that even at age 32 he still has atleast a couple good more years ahead of him. Though I would want him to stay just so he can extend all the records hes breaking as a Chief.

If we can garner some confidence from yesterday's win and put some more games like yesterday's together this year, Tony will probably stick around IMO. I think the biggest thing is that he feels like he has a real shot at it within the next 2 years max. Tho, I think Tony still has another 3-4 good years in him. The guy takes excellent care of himself.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

What kind of topic is this?There is no way this should be thought of.Tony's focus is on this next game.Tony is not worrying about being traded and he doesn't want to.He wants win as a Chief while going into this week and he has a record to break.

Just go to page 3 of this forum and you can read the whole interview. its towards the bottom of the page. Tony is one of those players that the front office either wants to keep forever as a status symbol or are pressured into keeping because of what fans would do. If he does go away it wouldnt be until he is past his prime and latching on to a storied career. I think we are atleast 3 or 4 years away from that.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

NO!!!! And I am not just saying that because he is the hottest TE in the entire NFL..... !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast