Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Oliver

Default Paul Oliver

Has anyone been following the supplemental draft developments, seems like Oliver is coming out of UGA a year early b/c of grades. Has anybody heard the organization mention anything about trying to get him? He was a projected first round pick in 2008. Obviously we need help at corner. Just wondering if anybody knew anything, I just saw Kelly Herndon signed with the Titans- we need corner help, if anybody heard anythign let me know

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    Has anyone been following the supplemental draft developments, seems like Oliver is coming out of UGA a year early b/c of grades. Has anybody heard the organization mention anything about trying to get him? He was a projected first round pick in 2008. Obviously we need help at corner. Just wondering if anybody knew anything, I just saw Kelly Herndon signed with the Titans- we need corner help, if anybody heard anythign let me know

...Will do, although the internet and sports radio is probably your best resources for the news you seek; also there is a wealth of Chiefs related news on the sites front page. :)

Sports radio down here just talks about Mike Vick all day and Braves baseball. But everything I have read on the net is just peoples opinion nobody in the organization-so just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything I had not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    Sports radio down here just talks about Mike Vick all day and Braves baseball. But everything I have read on the net is just peoples opinion nobody in the organization-so just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything I had not.

Sounds as if you would probably hear news about his situation before just about anyone else around here will; so keep us informed.

I think its a long shot for us to get him. We would have to give atleast a 3rd round pick to be in the running and I dont see Carl doing that. It would be great to have him hang out with Ty and Pat for a year.

I think the fact that Oliver is comming out a year early having dropped out because of grades doesn't exactly make his stock go up? JMHO

The game he played aginst tech, holding Cavin Johnson to 2 catches and out jumping him for the int, made his stock go up. But with all the CBs coming in next years draft most teams may wait. Cason from Arizona would good in red.

Paul Oliver and I both went to the same high school down here call Harrison High. He is a sold CB I think he got blown up a little b/c of his performance against Calvin Johnson but lets not forget anyone who has seen old Reggie Ball throw knows that the QB may have been a little at fault against a good corner. I am not too familiar with that guy from Arizona but would thinkk if he is a projected 1st round guy I wouldnt think trading a 3rd rounder forhim wouldbe a bad idea- we keep talking about getting young but I dont see it at CB

He sounds like an extremely promising prospect. My only concern would be his study habits.
    You all know me!

-Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor)

Bolts get Oliver for a 4th. Ihope this dont bite us in the butt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast