Thread: Closing threads

Default Closing threads

I'm not in favor!!!!!!!!! I know there are mods for a reason but it seems to me that closing a thread just because a particular mod "thinks it has ran it's course" is silly! Yes you all know what thread I am talking about. Most here are grown adults!!!!!! Why must we be corraled and watched after like children. Yes, I totally agree with the F bombs and using the lords name etc. but to close a thread because of some "I'm gonna beat your a**" comment is ridiculous in my estimation. Heck, he even rebutted and explained himself!!! Loosin up the reigns a bit Chiefster. After all, it is a site that talks about one of the most violent sports in the world!! No offense meant, just giving my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I'm not in favor!!!!!!!!! I know there are mods for a reason but it seems to me that closing a thread just because a particular mod "thinks it has ran it's course" is silly! Yes you all know what thread I am talking about. Most here are grown adults!!!!!! Why must we be corraled and watched after like children. Yes, I totally agree with the F bombs and using the lords name etc. but to close a thread because of some "I'm gonna beat your a**" comment is ridiculous in my estimation. Heck, he even rebutted and explained himself!!! Loosin up the reigns a bit Chiefster. After all, it is a site that talks about one of the most violent sports in the world!! No offense meant, just giving my opinion.
    Well considering I am the one that was offered to have my A$$ kicked, I still agree with you.

However, there are a lot of guys that do not like the negativity here. Some of it is founded, some maybe not so much.

Lets let these things run their course though, the argument will just spill over to another thread if you close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Lets let these things run their course though, the argument will just spill over to another thread if you close it.
    Surprisingly, it does seem to bottle the grudge when a thread gets closed.

I don't know why, and some, like DH and myself, will go right back at each other soon enough. But it does seem to put a damper on things for a moment.

Not that I remember ever closing a thread for that purpose, nor that I think it was, or wasn't the right move.

Just pointing out that it is kind of effective, despite how easily it can be gotten around.

Dangit...now I have to go and read every friggin' thread until I find this argument. Alas, who needs to sleep
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Sorry, I just can't resist this.......
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Sorry, I just can't resist this.......

The thought crossed my mind, however it didn't stick.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The thought crossed my mind, however it didn't stick.
    Hey, I can do that too.

If you are you are 12 years old and want to fight, then quit being a sissy. Exchange addresses, meet up, and do your thing. But this is not a UFC forum. It is a Chiefs forum. And I will keep it that way. Don't tell me or my mods to loosen the reigns or how to run our board. If you don't like it here, then go somewhere else.

Heyvern, PM me the thread/post where you were threatened and that user will be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If you are you are 12 years old and want to fight, then quit being a sissy. Exchange addresses, meet up, and do your thing. But this is not a UFC forum. It is a Chiefs forum. And I will keep it that way. Don't tell me or my mods to loosen the reigns or how to run our board. If you don't like it here, then go somewhere else.

Heyvern, PM me the thread/post where you were threatened and that user will be dealt with.
    I like this side of you.

HAHAHAHAAAHAAAHAAA HAAAAAA!!!

The closing threads thread got closed! Say that five times real fast.

Sorry for adding to it, but I just find that to be hysterical.