Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New thread: Chiefs spank Carolina

Default New thread: Chiefs spank Carolina

The losing streak is over. Now time for a 12-game winning streak!! After our performance in Denver, there is no reason we can't keep the streak alive in Charlotte.
    Steve Smith is a 1-man wrecking crew. Got to contain him. No doubt in my mind we will.
    Hold these guys to nothing but field goals as we did with Donks and its over.
    Chiefs 9 1/2 pt dogs? Don't think so!!
    Chiefs roll 24-13.
    SHUT IT

Carolina has a very balanced offense. In total, their RBs average 3.6 ypg, but their main guy averages around 4.5. So, stopping the run will be monumental again. After we do that, then we have to focus on stopping one of the best WR duos in all of the NFL.

Their defense is ranked 8th in yards given up per game, and 6th in points per game at just 17. They have a solid pass defense, but their weakness is run defense, giving up around 115 rushing yards per game. If we run the ball well, this game should be ours.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The losing streak is over. Now time for a 12-game winning streak!! After our performance in Denver, there is no reason we can't keep the streak alive in Charlotte.
    Steve Smith is a 1-man wrecking crew. Got to contain him. No doubt in my mind we will.
    Hold these guys to nothing but field goals as we did with Donks and its over.
    Chiefs 9 1/2 pt dogs? Don't think so!!
    Chiefs roll 24-13.
    i like your attitude i really hope we get some good play from our special teams this weak that would help tremendousley back to back wins that will be great GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i like your attitude i really hope we get some good play from our special teams this weak that would help tremendousley back to back wins that will be great GO CHIEFS
    Back to back!!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Carolina D ranked about 20 in a lot of ff polls. Their strength really is their offense.
    I don't know about polls, but Carolina has an overall ranked defense of 8th in the NFL. We have an overall offense of 27th.

Their offense, ranked 24th, against our defense ranked 29th.

Statistically, they are better. Throw that in with being on the road. But one never knows what can happen on any given Sunday. So long as Huard doesn't get hurt or LJ doesn't start throwing his helmet on the field, anything is possible.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I don't know about polls, but Carolina has an overall ranked defense of 8th in the NFL. We have an overall offense of 27th.

Statistically, they are better. Throw that in with being on the road. But one never knows what can happen on any given Sunday. So long as Huard doesn't get hurt or LJ doesn't start throwing his helmet on the field, anything is possible.
    I stand corrected.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post

Statistically, we're gonna have trouble passing. Their weakness is run-defense, luckily, so LJ better feel mad this week.

Last 5 years for Carolina:

2007: 7-9
    2006: 8-8
    2005: 11-5
    2004: 7-9
    2003: 11-5

I saw some predictions in the pre-season that Carolina would likely have another mediocre 8-8 type season. At 3-1, they may be on their way to more like another one of those 11-5 seasons, but I'm not sold on them yet. They came back and squeaked by SD in week one on that 4th and 12 on the final play, so that was a near loss. The win against the Bears was a late 4th qtr td too.

But they're solid on defense and the passing game, as noted, as well as being at home, so it will be an uphill battle for us (well, actually the field there is all level, heh). They're a consistent decent team so it really depends on how we do. Hopefully the Chiefs can keep the enthusiasm and energy despite being away from the Arrowhead Atmosphere.

Chiefs win 26-20. Panthers nearly pull out yet another late td comeback victory 27-26. But they don't, our cornerbacks prevail!

Good pep rally thread here for this weekend.

LET'S GO KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say this much, if we can't run the ball, then we're through. Carolina is no Denver, this team actually has a defense. So, we won't get into the 30s, probably not even the 20s. If we win, it'll be a boring, low-scoring game. One thing is certain, if we're gonna win, we better have the lead going into the 4th, if we don't, we probably won't.

I think several days ago I saw that Carolina currently has the longest streak of losing games where they allow 100 or more yards rushing. So if LJ can get about half of his 198 yards last week it will give us an excellent chance. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Statistically, we're gonna have trouble passing. Their weakness is run-defense, luckily, so LJ better feel mad this week.
    We have a GREAT run D, and one of the best LB corps in the NFL.

LJ is a great RB, but he won't get much on us.

Julius Peppers
    Jon Beason
    Thomas Davis
    Na'ill Diggs
    Chris Harris
    Chris Gamble

We got playmakers on D, and we stop the run.

Heres to an injury free, good game though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast