Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarassing

Default Embarassing

Wow! That has to be almost as bad as losing to the Raiders at home. We got our clocks cleaned and were made to look like a high school football team playing in the NFL. Humiliating. 34-0. 0!! We couldn't muster up ONE SCORE in four quarters! I guess the Denver game was a total fluke. Because today's team was so far opposite of the one that beat Denver. Once again, Herm has shown his true talent of inconsistent football. Why or how do they keep him and Carl?

Here's some of the pathetic numbers from Herm Edwards football today-

123 yards passing.
    35 yards rushing.
    8 first downs.

Carolina's offense managed to rack up-

236 yards passing.
    206 yards rushing.
    20 first downs.
    442 yards total over the Chiefs.

After this dismal start, and last season, how can ANYONE still think Herm is a good coach and shouldn't be fired TODAY?

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Dont forget to blame that quarterback herm edwards that threw two interceptions today, and the safety herm edwards that read a slant wrong today, and the offensive lineman herm edwards that got our quarterback herm edwards sacked today and the wide receiver carl peterson that ran the wrong route which ended up being picked off too today...

Yeah we should fire them both... The thing That HERM is guilty of is the they were not fired up to play this week thats what made me mad

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Dont forget to blame that quarterback herm edwards that threw two interceptions today, and the safety herm edwards that read a slant wrong today, and the offensive lineman herm edwards that got our quarterback herm edwards sacked today and the wide receiver carl peterson that ran the wrong route which ended up being picked off too today...

Yeah we should fire them both... The thing That HERM is guilty of is the they were not fired up to play this week thats what made me mad
    Agreed. How we can play so well last week and have a complete team collapse this week is mind numbing.
    We have the same players on the field, so I have no choice but to put the blame on the head coach for this one. We got a couple weeks to try to turn this thing around. I just don't think we have the management to do it.
    Stranger things have happened though. I am a Chiefs fan, therefore I have hope!!
    SHUT IT

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, only time will tell with this regime... But firing and rehiring only puts us with the losers of the nfl, the lions, raiders, rams.... Im afraid thats whats going to happen to us... If he doesnt turn this team around in a year or two then ill be ready for his head but until then i wanna see this played out and if this guy can really coach..

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agreed. How we can play so well last week and have a complete team collapse this week is mind numbing.
    We have the same players on the field, so I have no choice but to put the blame on the head coach for this one. We got a couple weeks to try to turn this thing around. I just don't think we have the management to do it.
    Stranger things have happened though. I am a Chiefs fan, therefore I have hope!!
    Herm may be a great coach, now here me out, he is a great talent scout, he knows how to coach defense, at least corner backs, but he is not a NFL head coach! He may be a NFL Coach, but not a head coach! We need a Head Coach that will inspire the players to play, and play to win! Not play to not lose! I still think Gunther is a great Coach, but not a head coach. It takes a certain type of talent, or skill to be a Head Coach in the NFL. Herm just has not got it. Maybe some day he will, but I am tired of waiting for someday. Send Herm on down the road, send him to the college ranks for a while. Maybe he can learn how to be a head coach there.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Eventually, the Herm guys will be here to tell us to 'calm down', because this is what happens to rebuilding teams.

And I agree. I expect some very ugly games out of this team.

The real problem is that this is the third consecutive rebuilding season for this team.
    This is NOT the "third consecutive rebuilding season" from this team. If the Chiefs had been rebuilding since 2005, they would've traded LJ, Gonzo and Allen long before this season. I wish THIS WAS the third year of a rebuilding plan. If we had been rebuilding in 2005, we wouldn't have signed guys like Ty Law, Damion McIntosh and Kyle Turley. The Chiefs have signed bad free agents every year but this year. The Chiefs would've also accumulated as many draft picks as possible in 05 and 06. They didn't do that either. They signed Larry Johnson to a bad contract and let Hall of Fame OLinemen retire with no contingency plan in place.

THIS IS THE FIRST SEASON of the rebuild. Don't kid yourself. Just because Herm has been here for three years, doesn't mean they've been "rebuilding" for three years. Imagine what this team could look like if Carl had foresight and actually drafted replacement OL for Shields and Roaf. If he had traded LJ for draft picks in order to do so. If he had drafted a first round QB in 2005 (Cutler, Rogers) instead of Croyle.

But, i keep forgetting. This board is littered with folks who think trading draft picks for 3 and 4 year rental players and signing high priced free agents is the key to long term success and that developing home grown players is overrated.

That is Hems thing. He almost always starts a season flat and unprepared. Even in his good season his teams started out flat.

Every loss this year our team lost in the first quarter and gave up. That is not a good sign for a rebuilding time. Heck, Herm was running the ball in the fourth quarter to get the game over faster. What is that teaching his younger player. It is okay to when you know you are licked.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Herm may be a great coach, now here me out, he is a great talent scout, he knows how to coach defense, at least corner backs, but he is not a NFL head coach! He may be a NFL Coach, but not a head coach! We need a Head Coach that will inspire the players to play, and play to win! Not play to not lose! I still think Gunther is a great Coach, but not a head coach. It takes a certain type of talent, or skill to be a Head Coach in the NFL. Herm just has not got it. Maybe some day he will, but I am tired of waiting for someday. Send Herm on down the road, send him to the college ranks for a while. Maybe he can learn how to be a head coach there.
    I am starting to question his Scouting. Look at his draft picks from year one and grade them.

Tamba - starting to disapoint.
    Pollard - Is missing tackles trying to make the big hit.
    Page - Missing tackles but decent coverage skills. Hasn't really improved in the last three years.
    Croyle - Can't even see the field without getting hurt.
    Webb - Probably wouldn't be on any other teams roster.

If you start looking at year two, there is still question marks.

Bowe - No question. Great talent, great pick.
    Turke - He is starting but our defense is getting thrashed and we have a total of 3 sacks which ranked last in the NFL.
    Tyler - Same as Turke
    Herb Taylor - Could be a good pick. I don't know how he played yesterday.
    Am I missing someone else from this draft of importance. Other than Justin Medlock.

Who sent the QB, O-linemen, Safties and WR on the field?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, only time will tell with this regime... But firing and rehiring only puts us with the losers of the nfl, the lions, raiders, rams.... Im afraid thats whats going to happen to us... If he doesnt turn this team around in a year or two then ill be ready for his head but until then i wanna see this played out and if this guy can really coach..
    Only if we bring in another loser of a head coach. You bring in a winner, and you will start winning.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This is NOT the "third consecutive rebuilding season" from this team. If the Chiefs had been rebuilding since 2005, they would've traded LJ, Gonzo and Allen long before this season. I wish THIS WAS the third year of a rebuilding plan. If we had been rebuilding in 2005, we wouldn't have signed guys like Ty Law, Damion McIntosh and Kyle Turley. The Chiefs have signed bad free agents every year but this year. The Chiefs would've also accumulated as many draft picks as possible in 05 and 06. They didn't do that either. They signed Larry Johnson to a bad contract and let Hall of Fame OLinemen retire with no contingency plan in place.

THIS IS THE FIRST SEASON of the rebuild. Don't kid yourself. Just because Herm has been here for three years, doesn't mean they've been "rebuilding" for three years. Imagine what this team could look like if Carl had foresight and actually drafted replacement OL for Shields and Roaf. If he had traded LJ for draft picks in order to do so. If he had drafted a first round QB in 2005 (Cutler, Rogers) instead of Croyle.

But, i keep forgetting. This board is littered with folks who think trading draft picks for 3 and 4 year rental players and signing high priced free agents is the key to long term success and that developing home grown players is overrated.
    I addressed this subject elsewhere. < http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...9586#post99586 >

But, just because not everyone agrees with starting rookies at as many positions as possible, doesn't mean that they want a team of all rental players.

Alot of folks support the 'home-growns'. LJ and JA were both 'home-grown'. Just not 'Herm-grown'. But there is nothing wrong with having a few experienced players in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

And apparently we have at least a couple of people who think trading draft picks and cash for lame a$$ed coaches with losing records is a good idea.

Know what else is embarassing? A fart that turns solid half way through!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast