Thread: Be careful what you wish for

Default Be careful what you wish for

When the news originally came down that the Chiefs were going to hire Herm, something just didn't feel right to me. For one, I thought that the pressure on Carl would be tremendous because he wanted Herm bad. Second, I felt Herm, being in the "perfect situation" that he attained, wouldn't be able to handle the pressure if things went south. Now, it seems that every decision Carl makes is related to his backing of Herm. In that regard, nothing is being accomplished, except that the Chiefs keep losing.

I strongly urge the Chiefs, to look for a coach, outside the organization, who can turn the corner with the team that exists, and the team that will be here when Herm isn't.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by section311 View Post
    When the news originally came down that the Chiefs were going to hire Herm, something just didn't feel right to me. For one, I thought that the pressure on Carl would be tremendous because he wanted Herm bad. Second, I felt Herm, being in the "perfect situation" that he attained, wouldn't be able to handle the pressure if things went south. Now, it seems that every decision Carl makes is related to his backing of Herm. In that regard, nothing is being accomplished, except that the Chiefs keep losing.

I strongly urge the Chiefs, to look for a coach, outside the organization, who can turn the corner with the team that exists, and the team that will be here when Herm isn't.
    I for 1 am never comfortable, no matter who it is when the Chiefs make a move. You never know what you are going to get. IE...Was Vermiel still going to be able to put a high profile offense on the field but still have a so so defense as in the past? Was Gunther going to still have the dominant defense that he has proven he can build and did he know anything about the offense? Was Marty going to do ANYTHING diffrent than his past with the Browns? With Herm? The only thing I was worried about is was he going to try to do to much too fast and do ANYTHING diffrent than he did in NY? ATM? No he hasnt.