Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am truly at a loss...

Default I am truly at a loss...

Before this game, I thought I had a pretty good bead on what was happening at One Arrowhead Drive. I thought the games leading up to Denver were a combination of Brodie's injury holding back true evaluation of what each guy could and could not do, and not enough real-time, "team-time" together.

I thought Herm and Chan were coaxing these guys along slowly, making sure they had mastered the basics before really opening up the Playbook.

I was wrong.

My hands are firmly thrown up in the air; I couldn't even begin to give you an inkling of an idea as to what the hell we are doing. I know we have talent, and I know we can play. What I don't know is why we can not play well consistently.

Somethin' ain't right in River City...

By the way, I'm new here so "Hey" to all of my fellow fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post

Oh Yes You Have!!!! (I love it when I get to gloat on my boy)

He's started every game, and he( and also with Brandon Carr now )walked right in to the NFL "All World" from day one.
    During the aftermath of the draft, everyone was giddy about Glenn and Brandon Albert, and to a lesser extent; Jamaal Charles. Nobody was giving Flowers the time of day.
    I went on you tube to look at highlight reels of our top four, and I got to Flower's reel last. After one viewing, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for an hour; out of all those guys, he was the only one I saw that made me say "I've seen everything I need to know, and this guy is Vintage Arrowhead All The Way".

Sure enough; three days in to camp at River Falls, Flowers is the "it"-guy, and he hasn't let up ever since. Even in this Carolina debacle, he and Carr were the only two guys that got ANY praise from the KC sports media.
    Flowers and Carr are monsters, and even in their rookie years; they're getting the job done and turning heads in this leauge.
    I guess that I miss alot from the time church is out to the time I get home and turn on the tv. Its good that we do have some strong players.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I guess that I miss alot from the time church is out to the time I get home and turn on the tv. Its good that we do have some strong players.
    Amen to that.

Amen to that.
    I hope you don't mind if I drink a soda, lol.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I can't argue that logic. Lol.

There are many sides around here, but very few 'clicks'.

I am one of those who is generally down on the team for the past three seasons.

But, I have had arguments with just about everyone else who appears to feel the same way.

We generally have something to disagree about. LJ, JA, Herm, Carl, Huard... There is a long list of topics that noone seems to be in total agreeance with me on.

(They will all figure it out eventually.)
    I disagree.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I hope you don't mind if I drink a soda, lol.
    You're obviously very involved in your Church. So which is it; Minister, Deacon, Reverend etc?

Though it would probably not set well with traditionalists, there's a great BBQ place in Austin called "Stubbs" that has a Gospel Sunday Brunch/Buffet with music, the Pastor, and the whole nine yards.
    Throw in the "Make Your Own Bloody Mary"-bar, and my Soul is already a convert though I've never set foot in the house!

Chiefs could definetly use some divine intervention at this point. Please put in a good word...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Chiefs could definetly use some divine intervention at this point. Please put in a good word...

Word, with a side of WORD!

You're obviously very involved in your Church. So which is it; Minister, Deacon, Reverend etc?
    I am a Pentecostal which is are very big on prayer. I am not a deacon or a pastor. I am involved in my church - I go to Sunday school before the service, 2 Bible studies a week, I go to prayer at the church on Tuesday nights although tonight I forgot about it, and on Wednesday nights I am involved with children's ministry by being a teacher for kindergarten girls.

Though it would probably not set well with traditionalists, there's a great BBQ place in Austin called "Stubbs" that has a Gospel Sunday Brunch/Buffet with music, the Pastor, and the whole nine yards.
    Throw in the "Make Your Own Bloody Mary"-bar, and my Soul is already a convert though I've never set foot in the house!
    I used to drink until I couldn't down the double screwdrivers like I used to. All this was before I came to be at the church I go to now. Just as long as no one forces me to drink, I can enjoy a good time like everone else but not in a bar(I don't do bars).

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I've tried to get my pastor to say a prayer over the chiefs' game that week but he isn't a avid chiefs' fan like we are, he could care less if he watched football so I have had a little chat with God about my boys(the chiefs) in the past but this season I've been kinda busy and worn out lately so I've neglected praying for my boys. I will have to change that.

Word, with a side of WORD!
    It says in the Bible somewhere that if 2 or 3 or more are in agreement(praying for the same thing) then God makes it so. Of couse that would mean being less negative when talking about the chiefs. God will make what we believe to be true.
    Who is in this with me?
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 10-07-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: punctuation

It says in the Bible somewhere that if 2 or 3 or more are in agreement(praying for the same thing) then God makes it so. Of couse that would mean being less negative when talking about the chiefs. God will make what we believe to be true.
    Who is in this with me?
    I say "Pray Hard and Plan Wisely For The Future".

I say "Pray Hard and Plan Wisely For The Future".
    Very true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123