Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Herm supporters...

Default To all the Herm supporters...

There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Unless there's something I'm not seeing in your post, I have to ask:

How can you be the GM and the Head Coach at the same time?
    If Carl was expecting Marty to do both jobs at the same time, then Carl really IS a moron. There's a reason a football franchise, like so many other businesses, is compartmentalized; you want each person to focus solely on their task(s) and to do the job with relentless efficiency and professional pride.

A lot of penny-pinching in this franchise, and we now see the end result.
    Carl is President and GM. And I know that Mike Holmgren was both head coach and Gm of the Seahawks for a few season.

It's not completely unheard of.

Unless there's something I'm not seeing in your post, I have to ask:

How can you be the GM and the Head Coach at the same time?
    If Carl was expecting Marty to do both jobs at the same time, then Carl really IS a moron. There's a reason a football franchise, like so many other businesses, is compartmentalized; you want each person to focus solely on their task(s) and to do the job with relentless efficiency and professional pride.

A lot of penny-pinching in this franchise, and we now see the end result.

I believe CP pretty much let Marty make all the shot personel wise. CP continued the administration part.

I don't know. Adam Teicher basically said, that Marty has already shown he is not GM material and wouldn't even consider him becoming the GM. He is a good coach and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I believe CP pretty much let Marty make all the shot personel wise. CP continued the administration part.

I don't know. Adam Teicher basically said, that Marty has already shown he is not GM material and wouldn't even consider him becoming the GM. He is a good coach and that was it.
    I understand. Here's something you should know about Tiecher though; he's a Donko fan and I'm sure he'd love to see Carl here until he dies, and Marty never walking through the door again.
    Eh; whatta ya' gonna' do?

I understand. Here's something you should know about Tiecher though; he's a Donko fan and I'm sure he'd love to see Carl here until he dies, and Marty never walking through the door again.
    Eh; whatta ya' gonna' do?
    One thing about Teicher is he is completely unbiased in his opinions of the Chiefs. He follows the team every day of the year and he isn't a true fan of the Chiefs. So he doesn't report the rose colored opinions.

I thought he was more of a Raider Fan. He loves the Angels and despises the Dodgers, so I figured he was an LA guy. Of course he went to Michigan State.

He was pretty adimit about Marty being the reason this team was a mess when he retired. And being an unbiased report as we know he is. Which does make some sense with how Marty left. We all assumed it was becuase he wasn't given any say in who the team signed. Teicher could be telling it as it was.

Asking for Marty to become GM could be a disaster. He has zero experience in the administration part of the job.

You are all clamoring about Shoddy Schot. He was a good coach in the regular season. He could put together a great team to roll through the regular season. (Look at the Chargers teams and the Chiefs Teams and the Brown Teams) All of those teams had great regular season records. BUT!!! BUT, what happened in the playoffs for all those teams?

Why would we want someone like that back in KC. He was let go for a reason in KC, SD and Cleveland. Dont bring it back. Shoddy Schot wants a GM job? Let Al Davis hire him and screw up that team more.

My opinion is continue with the youth movement. Look at some of the recent surges in the MLB. Those GMs are young and vibrant. There are young talented people in the NFL that might just be what we need. CP is old and tired and the team plays old and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    One thing about Teicher is he is completely unbiased in his opinions of the Chiefs. He follows the team every day of the year and he isn't a true fan of the Chiefs. So he doesn't report the rose colored opinions.

I thought he was more of a Raider Fan. He loves the Angels and despises the Dodgers, so I figured he was an LA guy. Of course he went to Michigan State.

He was pretty adimit about Marty being the reason this team was a mess when he retired. And being an unbiased report as we know he is. Which does make some sense with how Marty left. We all assumed it was becuase he wasn't given any say in who the team signed. Teicher could be telling it as it was.

Asking for Marty to become GM could be a disaster. He has zero experience in the administration part of the job.
    In the end, I don't care WHO they call. Call Daffy Duck for all I care, but call SOMEONE who is intelligent and committed to this Franchise!
    And do it YESTERDAY!!!

In the end, I don't care WHO they call. Call Daffy Duck for all I care, but call SOMEONE who is intelligent and committed to this Franchise!
    And do it YESTERDAY!!!
    We all know Carl should have been fired probably after the 98 season, after Marty won us 1 single playoff game in 10 years. But we didn't and here we are.
    Clark is a businessman loyal to his cronies that were under his dad.
    Carl is a salesman loyal to nobody but Clark and himself.
    The Kansas City fans and the Chiefs franchise are now seeing the results of this arrangement come to a head.
    It obviously all comes down to Clark. Does he have the nads to do whats right? I don't know. You woulda thunk he woulda made the drastic changes we needed after the 4-12 disaster last year.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We all know Carl should have been fired probably after the 98 season, after Marty won us 1 single playoff game in 10 years. But we didn't and here we are.
    Clark is a businessman loyal to his cronies that were under his dad.
    Carl is a salesman loyal to nobody but Clark and himself.
    The Kansas City fans and the Chiefs franchise are now seeing the results of this arrangement come to a head.
    It obviously all comes down to Clark. Does he have the nads to do whats right? I don't know. You woulda thunk he woulda made the drastic changes we needed after the 4-12 disaster last year.

Yep! And if he doesn't fulfill his word after another bad season, he knows his credibility is shot.
    But you and I know that the ONE thing which will supersede all of that loyalty is $$$$.
    Poor ticket sales, Season Holders that won't renew, and television blackouts will put Carl and Herm out the door.

Yep! And if he doesn't fulfill his word after another bad season, he knows his credibility is shot.
    But you and I know that the ONE thing which will supersede all of that loyalty is $$$$.
    Poor ticket sales, Season Holders that won't renew, and television blackouts will put Carl and Herm out the door.
    Yeah, and unfortunately thats a tough way to go in KC. KC fans are the most loyal fans in the nfl. We support our Chiefs, win or lose. Thats what is keep Carl in office. Fan loyalty. It will probably have to go back to the 70's when we were putting 20,000 people in the seats to make the change. Sad.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...
    Because he plays to win the game!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast