Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Herm supporters...

Default To all the Herm supporters...

There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...

Sometimes I wish AL Davis was the owner of the Chiefs. Herm would have been fired a looong time ago.
    HERM

Quote Originally Posted by ASDF View Post
    Sometimes I wish AL Davis was the owner of the Chiefs. Herm would have been fired a looong time ago.

First, I wouldn't wish that pox on our house ever because,

Second; we'd get a great coach who would be fired after four weeks, and we'd get to repeat this process every year.

All of this mess hinges on a guy from Texas; it's in his hands how he want's to change or not change things around. Speculators say he'll be doing some shopping around Super Bowl time, and trying to get the franchise hooked up with the right people who can clean this mess up. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...
    I keep forgetting. Who is the QB for the Dolphins again? It's funny, as soon as Herm's other QB gets to Miami, Miami is considered a better team. The BIGGEST problem Miami and Atlanta had last year was they were absolutely AWFUL at QB... there seems to be a theme here. I've never been sold on Croyle. I want a 1st or 2nd round QB to build around. But until you get consistent QB play, you're going to have ups and downs like this.

As I've said since Croyle goes down, I'm reserving judgment of this team until Croyle comes back and stays in the lineup. Until that happens, you really can't get a good read on what this team is capable of. I realize you're one of those people who stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and scream "it's all Herm's fault," but I'm not. I want to see what this team looks like with all their pieces in place before i run around screaming "the sky is falling."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    First, I wouldn't wish that pox on our house ever because,

Second; we'd get a great coach who would be fired after four weeks, and we'd get to repeat this process every year.

All of this mess hinges on a guy from Texas; it's in his hands how he want's to change or not change things around. Speculators say he'll be doing some shopping around Super Bowl time, and trying to get the franchise hooked up with the right people who can clean this mess up. We'll see.
    That's just a rumor. I decided to turn the job down. The Bengals offered more money.

As I've said since Croyle goes down, I'm reserving judgment of this team until Croyle comes back and stays in the lineup
    Well, if nothing else we can start a spread on how many hits it will take to send Croyle back to the bench...

Yep, I dub this bet/spread "The Tootsie Pop"; how many licks DOES IT take???

By the way; nice beat down on Colorado the other night!

Born a Chief, Raised a Chief, but a Seahawk by choice.

I am young at 22 and got to choose my team when I was a child. I was born into the Chiefs, and love everything about them, however I found my team at 7 in Seattle.

But onto the real topic I just want to say that some of my favorite players/coaches of all time came from the Chiefs.

I miss Marty Schottenheimer.
    We should have started Rich Gannon (The Cannon).

And now the topic that relates to this forum, I think we should fire Herm and look to grab Mike Holmgren or try to get Marty back. Holmgren leaves my Seahawks after this season and plans a 1 year break before returning. However, Holmgren is a master of grooming QB's (He coached Steve Young in college as well as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett favre, and Matt Hasslebeck in NFL) and turned a disgraced organization like the Seahawks into the team it is today (he has taken us to more playoff appearances than all our past coaches combined, brought in amazing players while he had the Head of Football Operations/GM powers upon comeing till the end of 2005 when he was stripped, a new stadium no longer sharing with a baseball team, the 2nd largest football training facility in NFL history, and our franchises first and only superbowl appearance.)

So that is my advice/idea of what should happen. Convince Holmgren to come to the Chiefs instead of taking time off. You bring a proven SB contening coach who has the ability to draft and mold players.

Other options, Marty and Bill Cowher.

Quote Originally Posted by KingStriker View Post

I am young at 22 and got to choose my team when I was a child. I was born into the Chiefs, and love everything about them, however I found my team at 7 in Seattle.

But onto the real topic I just want to say that some of my favorite players/coaches of all time came from the Chiefs.

I miss Marty Schottenheimer.

And now the topic that relates to this forum, I think we should fire Herm and look to grab Mike Holmgren or try to get Marty back. Holmgren leaves my Seahawks after this season and plans a 1 year break before returning. However, Holmgren is a master of grooming QB's (He coached Steve Young in college as well as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett favre, and Matt Hasslebeck in NFL) and turned a disgraced organization like the Seahawks into the team it is today (he has taken us to more playoff appearances than all our past coaches combined, brought in amazing players while he had the Head of Football Operations/GM powers upon comeing till the end of 2005 when he was stripped, a new stadium no longer sharing with a baseball team, the 2nd largest football training facility in NFL history, and our franchises first and only superbowl appearance.)

So that is my advice/idea of what should happen. Convince Holmgren to come to the Chiefs instead of taking time off. You bring a proven SB contening coach who has the ability to draft and mold players.

As the originator of the Marty/Chin Dream-Team Campaign, which began in Oct/Nov 2007, I applaud your obvious wisdom and intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by KingStriker View Post

I miss Marty .

I miss Schottenheimer too. I feel like when he left the chiefs he took the spirit of the chiefs. To go with our tail between our legs begging for him to come back, I don't think that would work because Lamar Hunt would turn in his grave if we did. Anyway, the chiefs don't have a very good record for bring in coaches. If Vermeil couldn't make a superbowl team out of the chiefs I doubt that anybody could. It is up to the players to find the desire to be winners.
    KS, you are right about how we should of had Gannon as top QB, us fans loved him and not so loved Grbac. Happy fans make for a great team. I hated it when he did real well for the raiders.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I miss Schottenheimer too. I feel like when he left the chiefs he took the spirit of the chiefs. To go with our tail between our legs begging for him to come back, I don't think that would work because Lamar Hunt would turn in his grave if we did.
    Ideally, we bring Marty "back" to give him a shot at the job he now covets; General Manager. We've gotten so used to having one person wear three hats( and not wearing them very damned well...), we've lost sight of the fact that being a proper GM is a full-time gig.
    You can't be effective as a GM if you're also the President and CEO.
    You get Marty in the Head Office and Cowher on the sidelines; that's Championship Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Ideally, we bring Marty "back" to give him a shot at the job he now covets; General Manager. We've gotten so used to having one person wear three hats( and not wearing them very damned well...), we've lost sight of the fact that being a proper GM is a full-time gig.
    You can't be effective as a GM if you're also the President and CEO.
    You get Marty in the Head Office and Cowher on the sidelines; that's Championship Baby!!!
    Now that might work because Marty was very effective as coach. I think that unlike Carl Peckerson, Marty would do whatever he had to do to make the team effective.
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 10-06-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: had to fix something
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast