Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Default Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Just trying to get others thoughts on the chances of us drafting a Top Tackle with our first pick? Then drafting a OG with our second or draft a DE or MLB with our second and a OG with our third? Of course we will need to pick up a QB with our fourth.

So this would be great

1) Best Tackle
    2) DE/MLB
    3) OG
    4) QB

EDIT: Does any team have 2 first rounders this coming draft? Maybe trade our top 3 pick if we are at that spot for more picks, BUT I'm banking on my main man Croyle to come in and be lights out and we end up in the middle of the draft!!!!
    Last edited by balto; 10-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You talk as if you like this Daniels kid, but then you seem to wish him injured.

What gives?

If you like the kid, why not have him go to a team that has some kind of concern for his well-being?

As for crying for O-line since you became a fan... I thought you said you knew about DT. What fools were wanting replacements for Roaf, Shields, Tait, Weigmann and Waters? Or the Alt, Szott, Grunhard, Shields group for that matter?

I have seen some pretty good o-lines here, myself. I would be thrilled to upgrade our current o-line to below-average.
    I never said that I personally cried about the O-Line.
    Wow! Derrick Thomas played O-Line too!?!!?
    Damn, I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the tv.
    If by "injured" you mean drafting Daniels to a Chiefs Team with "No Protection Whatsoever Up-Front", then I say this:

Great players make great things happen. Grbac had the EXACT same O-line as Gannon. But unlike your average, and highly annoying "Pocket Squatter", Rich had the skills to read, move, and work.

EVERYBODY NOW:

Read, Move, and Work; That's Right!
    Read, Move, and Work; Oh Yeah!
    Read, Move, and Work; It's ya' Birth-day!
    Read, Move, and Work; Get Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I never said that I personally cried about the O-Line.
    Wow! Derrick Thomas played O-Line too!?!!?
    Damn, I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the tv.
    If by "injured" you mean drafting Daniels to a Chiefs Team with "No Protection Whatsoever Up-Front", then I say this:

Great players make great things happen. Grbac had the EXACT same O-line as Gannon. But unlike your average, and highly annoying "Pocket Squatter", Rich had the skills to read, move, and work.

EVERYBODY NOW:

Read, Move, and Work; That's Right!
    Read, Move, and Work; Oh Yeah!
    Read, Move, and Work; It's ya' Birth-day!
    Read, Move, and Work; Get Down!
    With our current o-line, it is more lik re...OUCH!!!

RE...OUCH!!! That hurts!
    RE...OUCH!!! Carry 'em off the field!
    RE...OUCH!!! Get us a new Qb so we can continue.

By the way, the suggestion was that since you have been a fan since DT was here, you might have been semi-familiar with those two o-line groups.

With our current o-line, it is more lik re...OUCH!!!

RE...OUCH!!! That hurts!
    RE...OUCH!!! Carry 'em off the field!
    RE...OUCH!!! Get us a new Qb so we can continue.

By the way, the suggestion was that since you have been a fan since DT was here, you might have been semi-familiar with those two o-line groups.
    Oh yeah; all those guys were NFL Gods compared to the current crew for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Mac is definitely a college-level stud, but do we need another wide-out right now? I'd still like to see how Will Franklin plays out.

Hell yeah we need another college-level stud wide receiver because I strongly doubt it if it's going to work in free agency.Will Franklin was a late round draft pick for us but he does has talent.Getting a superior 1st or early 2nd round pick in Mac(best wide receiver in college)to get the start opposite of D-rainbow is a wiser option.Mac is better than Franklin regardless.Will Franklin can be depended on as our new slot threat.Anyways,it'll suck still seeing Darling as our slot wide receiver if we simply move Will Franklin opposite of D-rainbow.That would'nt make any sense.Mac is also very familiar with the KC area being that he attends Missouri.The plans for the early red shirted Sophomore may be set on coming to a already known area such as KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Hell yeah we need another college-level stud wide receiver because I strongly doubt it if it's going to work in free agency.Will Franklin was a late round draft pick for us but he does has talent.Getting a superior 1st or early 2nd round pick in Mac(best wide receiver in college)to get the start opposite of D-rainbow is a wiser option.Mac is better than Franklin regardless.Will Franklin can be depended on as our new slot threat.Anyways,it'll suck still seeing Darling as our slot wide receiver if we simply move Will Franklin opposite of D-rainbow.That would'nt make any sense.Mac is also very familiar with the KC area being that he attends Missouri.The plans for the early red shirted Sophomore may be set on coming to a already known area such as KC.
    Not even five games in, and we're already drafting...
    Hey if it were up to me, I'd grab Mac and Chase from the get-go.
    But dear GOD how we need linemen on both sides of the ball!
    And a pass-rush, and a QB, and a Manager, and a Coach, and some Pepto etc, etc, etc...

I intend to leave the rookies alone. But I saw Law and Surtain playing, at least, above average last season. Not above average for their own standards, but for the league.

And they were ripped to shreds on here. Same with Harris. Maybe his play went downhill at the end of the season, as I didn't review the final couple of games, but I think the entire teams play went downhill around then.

Basic problem: Herm has had three seasons to build a defense. That is a major job-fail in my opinion.

Hali should be better than what he is, considering he was a first-round pick, even if you like his play better than I do.
    Amen to that. I hope Hali doesn't turn into another Ryan Sims bumble...
    SHUT IT

I agree Darth,

thats why we do this

First round: Tackle
    Second round: Maclin
    Third round: OG
    Fourth round: Chase

then pay Peppers what he wants to join us.

Then we have our OL, QB, Weapons for QB (mac/Bowe), and the pass rusher in Peppers that will make the entire D better. OH and since we have a OL now LJ will get back to Running like a train

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I agree Darth,

thats why we do this

First round: Tackle
    Second round: Maclin
    Third round: OG
    Fourth round: Chase

then pay Peppers what he wants to join us.

Then we have our OL, QB, Weapons for QB (mac/Bowe), and the pass rusher in Peppers that will make the entire D better. OH and since we have a OL now LJ will get back to Running like a train
    Right on.

Your top 4 was very similar to mine until I had no choice but to recognize that we just can't do without a true QB / Offensive Leader. I was hoping we could bypass the QB this year and hope that Sanchez or Stafford might still be around at a later time.
    It's such a bad situation because I find it hard to believe that even Herm would put a kid out there as opposed to spending that prerequisite first year holding the clipboard on the sidelines.
    This brings us to another question:
    If we burn the 'Brodie Bridge' and keep Huard around as the Vet, which draftee do we go with? I haven't watched enough of Stafford and Sanchez to see how they operate in their respective programs, but we do know that Daniels is a true "field general" who would require less of a learning curve. He's a guy who is going to immerse his head in to the job and playbook 24/7, 365 a year because he's such a student of the game.
    However, when someone that young get's thrown out there, it's possible that we could end up with our very own Matt Leinart; ouch!

I initially ran my 4 like this:

1st: O-lineman
    2nd: OLB
    3rd: D-lineman
    4th: OLB

Now that was before Denver, and before Derrick Johnson finally showed up to play, and before we got a look at what Williams could be.
    I'm still not sold on D. Johnson, and Pat Thomas might as well be fetching Gatorade for a living.
    So taking the QB draftee in to consideration, and knowing that Williams is hungry and can more than likely step-up and produce given the chance and field time, I adjust it like so:

1st or 2nd: QB / O-lineman
    3rd: OLB
    4th: D-lineman

And of course, my favorite "draft" of them all:

$31,000,000.00 collecting interest = Bill Cowher!

I vote you for the new GM!!! We think alike with this years draft picks.

The main reason I like Chase is exactly what you said. He works harder with the players and coaches than anyone I have seen come out of college.

Lets face it we don't need a QB that is a Payton type of player. We need someone who can get teh smart short yards and when needed throw the long pass DEAD ON TARGET!!!! If we REALLY REALLY focus on getting at least 2 great OL from the draft or FA we are gonna run ruin run with LJ like we have in the past. We just need a QB that will make smart moves and not get hurt. Chase would be perfect. I would even spend a 3rd on Chase.

BUT out of the two QB's you asked about Stafford is by far the better QB. I would say that if Bradford comes out he would be even better then Stafford.

SO if we go QB in first round then lets do this

1) Bradford
    2) Tackle
    3) OG
    4) LB/CB

And get our WR out of next years Draft.

We also have to do what ever we can to get Peppers. I think he is sooo much better then Jared Allen and probably would end up costing us less money if we would of kept Allen.

ALSO, I agree with you teh most about Cowher.

I know everyone including me hates the way Herm is running things as HC, BUT its not like he is trying to loose guys I just really thinks he does not have what it takes to be a NFL HC. I want this

GM-HERM
    HC-Cowher

Like it or not Herm knows talent he just can't coach talent.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I vote you for the new GM!!! We think alike with this years draft picks.

The main reason I like Chase is exactly what you said. He works harder with the players and coaches than anyone I have seen come out of college.

BUT out of the two QB's you asked about Stafford is by far the better QB. I would say that if Bradford comes out he would be even better then Stafford.

GM-HERM
    HC-Cowher

Like it or not Herm knows talent he just can't coach talent.
    The one thing that bothers me about Bradford is the same thing that bothers me about Brodie Croyle;
    Built like a toothpick.
    And can he scramble and make positive yardage happen in a top-tier pass rush?
    I'm looking very forward to the OU game, as it will spell out pretty clear which of these two QB's have the Total Package.

I think you're right about Herm. Perhaps evaluation is where his skill set truly lies.
    Or perhaps somebody FINALLY decided to listen Chuck Cook's advice for once!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast