Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Default Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Just trying to get others thoughts on the chances of us drafting a Top Tackle with our first pick? Then drafting a OG with our second or draft a DE or MLB with our second and a OG with our third? Of course we will need to pick up a QB with our fourth.

So this would be great

1) Best Tackle
    2) DE/MLB
    3) OG
    4) QB

EDIT: Does any team have 2 first rounders this coming draft? Maybe trade our top 3 pick if we are at that spot for more picks, BUT I'm banking on my main man Croyle to come in and be lights out and we end up in the middle of the draft!!!!
    Last edited by balto; 10-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Oh Man; did you just hit the nail on the head!!!

Super Bowl is always the goal, but being competitive every year is what keeps us as fans coming back for more.
    It also keeps player morale high!
    No applause...just money, err rep?

Been awhile since anyone did any rep whoring around here...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Herm as GM? OK lay the pipe down and back away slowly! He has now had 2 HCing jobs. Each 1 was coming off a playoff year. Each 1 went downhill from there! Im sure he has input on who is drafted or signed as a free agent. We would end up being the laughing stock of the NFL even worse than we already are if he was the GM! They say 3 times a charm! Im sure he will do better with his next team!

Anyone think that Hank Stramm might want to come out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Herm as GM? OK lay the pipe down and back away slowly! He has now had 2 HCing jobs. Each 1 was coming off a playoff year. Each 1 went downhill from there! Im sure he has input on who is drafted or signed as a free agent. We would end up being the laughing stock of the NFL even worse than we already are if he was the GM! They say 3 times a charm! Im sure he will do better with his next team!

Anyone think that Hank Stramm might want to come out of retirement?

Plus, we must take advantage of the 'Edwards Curse'; when he leaves a team or parts ways with players, EVERYTHING turns to gold almost overnight!!!
    As for ol' Hank; we'll have to ask 'HardcoreChiefsfan' to put a call in with the man upstairs.

I changed my draft around just a bit, with a few trades involved. This draft is posted on a different website:

Chiefs Rounds 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    Originally Posted: 10/09/2008 - 2:16PM CDT
    Last Updated: 10/09/2008 - 7:15PM CDT
    Round 1, Pick# 3 - Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
    The best MLB and possible best overall athlete in the draft! We need someone great in the middle of our defense, who will be a difference maker.
    Round 2, Pick# 3 - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    If he comes out and is still available, we cannot pass him up here! If he is not available, we then take Colt McCoy QB from Texas, if he comes out.
    Round 2, Pick# 26 - Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
    KC trades Larry Johnson to Pittsburgh (before trade deadline of 2008) for their 2nd rd pick & RT Max Starks. This will greatly benefit both teams this year and years to come! Byrd would be a tremendous compliment to Dwayne Bowe, and both are from LSU.
    Round 3, Pick# 3 - Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin
    Urbik is a great Right OG, who is big and a tremendous blocker!
    Round 4, Pick# 3 - Domonique Johnson, CB, Jackson State
    A tall, fast CB who did play at Missouri a few years ago and transferred to Jackson State, for undisclosed reasons. He is a tremendous athlete, with great cover skills.
    Round 4, Pick# 21 - Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty
    We trade CB Patrick Surtain to New Orleans for their 4th rd pick (before the 2008 trade deadline). Jennings started out at Pittsburgh, but needed to transfer because of family reasons to a school closer to home. Jennings is a big, hard nosed running back from a small school.
    Round 5, Pick# 3 - Brandon Swain, DE/OLB, West Texas A&M
    Swain is a great small school player, who will contribute alot!
    Round 6, Pick# 3 - Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma
    Yes, more OL. If not him, possibly a Kicker like Sam Swank from Wake Forest?
    Round 7, Pick# 3 - Dwain Crawford, CB/FS, Baylor
    A pick for Defensive Backfield depth. He is big enough to where he could also play FS.

So, what does everyone think about this potential draft?
    Last edited by gcsofa; 10-09-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Thumbs down

I think it is too early to burn brain cells since the season is not over! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghqWE7JPeY"]YouTube - Earth Crisis - Killing Brain Cells[/ame]
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Spiman, I want the last 3 minutes 18 seconds of my life back.

What the Poop was that?

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I think it is too early to burn brain cells since the season is not over!
    As a football fan who has burned many a brain-cell on Saturdays and Sundays; I find that comment short-sighted and completely offensive! ;)

Now where's that number for my ACLU Lawyer...

Exclamation Well here is your 3min back..

If these guys R thinking of next years draft-That is wrong! My brain cells could be used for better things.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVtjXMq2sTw"]YouTube - Freddie mercury back to life[/ame] The Chiefs r not dead yet! :victory: I see more more wins..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I find it comical and depressing that we are already scouting the 2009 draft class. I think we need to get some oline help in free agency. I think we need a proven player since we are going to pay similar money anyhow to a rookie. If we can't protect a QB, then they will be destined for failure just like Brodie has been. And they will get hurt, so we will need more than one to be drafted.

Round 1, Pick# 3 - Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
    The best MLB and possible best overall athlete in the draft! We need someone great in the middle of our defense, who will be a difference maker.
    Round 2, Pick# 3 - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    If he comes out and is still available, we cannot pass him up here! If he is not available, we then take Colt McCoy QB from Texas, if he comes ou
    I don't know man, those Samoans are tough as nails, but they have a tendency to be more "Fluffy" than muscle-bound. I watched a bunch of footage on Rey around the time of the Overrated State University beatdown, and kid needs to burn the fat and pack on the muscle to be competitive at the NFL level.

I am NOT getting on the Bradford bandwagon until I see how he handles a pass-rush and can take the licks from a dominant defense. I've already got a toothpick with a "great arm" that he never gets to use, as he is constantly parking his heiny FIRMLY on the "LaDanian Throne"...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chase has to prove this as well.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast