Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Default Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Just trying to get others thoughts on the chances of us drafting a Top Tackle with our first pick? Then drafting a OG with our second or draft a DE or MLB with our second and a OG with our third? Of course we will need to pick up a QB with our fourth.

So this would be great

1) Best Tackle
    2) DE/MLB
    3) OG
    4) QB

EDIT: Does any team have 2 first rounders this coming draft? Maybe trade our top 3 pick if we are at that spot for more picks, BUT I'm banking on my main man Croyle to come in and be lights out and we end up in the middle of the draft!!!!
    Last edited by balto; 10-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

And with the first pick of the 2009 NFL draft.....The Kansas City Chiefs select.......Chase Daniels (or Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy or.....)
    "We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now." Bruce Coslet

I would LOVE chase later in the draft. I really wonder how far he is gonna drop. I'm guessing it really depends on how well MU does and if Chase wins the Heisman or not.

I know Chase isn't as Tall as the other guys, but damn if anyone could hold up to getting pounded by our OL it would be him. He may be short but he weights as much as the tall guys hehe. He is like a damn tree trunk.

Edit: Hmm this would NEVER happen, but what about

1) Best Tackle
    2) Maclin (if he gets past the first round)
    3) Chase
    4) OG/DE/MLB

May be able to flip picks 3 and 4 depending on how Chase does.
    Last edited by balto; 10-07-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Our punter is the MVP of the season.

#1 pick will go to the Lions or something..:(

I pick the Lions to win 3 games. I don't think the Chiefs with Hermy can get 2 more this seaon. Maybe two next year, but don't worry. "It will be a rebuilding year, so don't expect the kids to play hard, smart, or with anytype of game plan that differs from the one three years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I would LOVE chase later in the draft. I really wonder how far he is gonna drop. I'm guessing it really depends on how well MU does and if Chase wins the Heisman or not..
    I am predicting 4th round.

I'd quickly snatch Jeremy Macklin as our overall first pick.The Chiefs are in need of a another gifted wide receiver opposite of D-rainbow because Darling is not the answer and we truly need more firepower to our offense.I'd go after a offensive lineman as the second pick.Bro,the tandem of D-rainbow and Macklin while combining that with the addition of Macklin's former teammate in Will Franklin can be considered straight out nasty.

Our first pick will NOT be Chase Daniels. I doubt Daniels even becomes a backup in the NFL. I doubt McCoy will come out early. Tebow may come out, but with the season he's having right now, I think he'll go back to Florida one more year to improve his draft position.

That will leave Sam Bradford and Matt Stafford. Graham Harrell is another name to look at if you want to spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB.

Personally, I think the Chiefs will go:

MLB
    QB
    DE
    OL
    OLB

I think the Chiefs will find a way to get 3 picks in the top 40 or so. I don't think there is a need to spend a top 40 pick on the OL. You can find a solid RT or Guard in the 3rd or 4th round. Although, I think Herb Taylor or Barry Richardson will be the starting RT by the end of the season and I think both of those guys have the talent to win that position for the long term. So, in actuality, the Chiefs may actually only be looking for a RG next year in the draft. A solid guard can be found in the 3rd or 4th round.

I think shoring up the Linebacker spot and DE spot should be the priority after QB.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast