Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brodie to start against Titans

Default Brodie to start against Titans

Thank God.

Hope he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    A 'running QB' would be the best fit right now. Just to add another element to the offense-- and he can run away from all the guys pouring through the right side of the line. However, that's not what you want to build around for the future.
    With the play of the O-line has shown us, we need to play a QB that can run! Hopefully we will see some changes in the bye week, move the qb out of the pocket. Something other than drop back get hit every time. Run a more spread offense, make a change!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am tired of telling you. Someone else can do it now.

And I think that Huard showed us that he is actually a good QB with a certain degree of protection. And, while he does improve our chances of winning, he still sucks behind our o-line.

Other than he fact that Favre could bring a sense of obligation to protect, your run-of-the-mill veteran QB wouldn't be worth a s**t her right now.

If I am 'crazy' because i saw Favre, Marino, Moon and other historically great QBs have ugly seasons with bad o-lines, then I am definitely crazy.
    Ugly seasons like 7-9 or ugly seasons like 4-12 and on pace to be even worse this year.... never were those teams under those QBs considered a pushover team like we are. They were the caliber of QB that could turn a game around and comeback to win. We go down by even a score and we are done. You put a decent QB on our team and IT WOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES TO WIN. Even on morale boost alone.

Titans D allowing league leading 11 pts/game.
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Croyle can walk off the field in a consious state at halftime.
    I hate to say it, but this game has the makings of an implosion to the likes we've never seen at Arrowhead.
    Maybe thats what we need to get Clark off his a$$ and do the right thing. We all know what that is.
    I mean, why wait for even one more loss to make the changes we so desperately need.
    I don't mean to sound so down on my Chiefs. But sh!t, 34-0?? Is there seriously any hope for this team with Carl and Herm leading the way?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    With the play of the O-line has shown us, we need to play a QB that can run! Hopefully we will see some changes in the bye week, move the qb out of the pocket. Something other than drop back get hit every time. Run a more spread offense, make a change!
    Certainly Croyle's mobility will open up those options for us. So, that our QB is not a sitting duck just waiting to get pounded.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

I feel bad for Brodie , He really hasnt had a shot . he has been with a **** O-line since he got here. He doesnt stand a chance this year , The chips are always stacked against him. No QB would be productive on this team . Im sorry to say that about my beloved Chiefs but this season is not a rebuilding season its a Who we gonna draft with the first to third pick in the 09 Draft. Unless of Course we get a QB giving up our first round pick. PLEASE READ THESE WORDS !!!! I hope I am Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Titans D allowing league leading 11 pts/game.
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Croyle can walk off the field in a consious state at halftime.
    I hate to say it, but this game has the makings of an implosion to the likes we've never seen at Arrowhead.
    Maybe thats what we need to get Clark off his a$$ and do the right thing. We all know what that is.
    I mean, why wait for even one more loss to make the changes we so desperately need.
    I don't mean to sound so down on my Chiefs. But sh!t, 34-0?? Is there seriously any hope for this team with Carl and Herm leading the way?
    Certainly 34-0 wasn't ugly, it was FGULY! :(

Having said that here are my thoughts; I stated before the season started that this team would take some lumps this season, especially the first half of the season. First, we played New England close when nobody gave us a chance. Granted, Oakland and Atlanta were teams we could of beat and probably should of. Then we surprise everyone and beat Denver and it was like WHEW! We finally got the losing monkey off our back. I think against Carolina our youngsters got over confident and had a let down intensity-wise. Getting Croyle back in the line up is a big step and him staying healthy is an even bigger step. We certainly need to see if he's the right person for the job. I've certainly seen some improvements along with mistakes. Unfortunately, usually you get the most growth from learning from your mistakes. I have the feeling that the second half of the season we're going to see some glimmer of what this team can be. As hard as it may be I think we need to have some patience and let's see where we're at as a team at the end of the season before we start calling for changes. For one thing, changes in the middle of the season accomplishes nothing in my opinion.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Certainly 34-0 wasn't ugly, it was FGULY! :(

Having said that here are my thoughts; I stated before the season started that this team would take some lumps this season, especially the first half of the season. First, we played New England close when nobody gave us a chance. Granted, Oakland and Atlanta were teams we could of beat and probably should of. Then we surprise everyone and beat Denver and it was like WHEW! We finally got the losing monkey off our back. I think against Carolina our youngsters got over confident and had a let down intensity-wise. Getting Croyle back in the line up is a big step and him staying healthy is an even bigger step. We certainly need to see if he's the right person for the job. I've certainly seen some improvements along with mistakes. Unfortunately, usually you get the most growth from learning from your mistakes. I have the feeling that the second half of the season we're going to see some glimmer of what this team can be. As hard as it may be I think we need to have some patience and let's see where we're at as a team at the end of the season before we start calling for changes. For one thing, changes in the middle of the season accomplishes nothing in my opinion.
    I don't think getting Croyle back is a big step. He's in his 3rd year and has yet to win a game. He has already proven (to me, at least) that he cannot withstand the rigors of the nfl. But qb is just one of many problems we have to suffer through. Peterson has screwed this team up so royally that its gonna take a minimum of three years to right this thing. Knowing Roaf and Shields were at there end and not having any forsight in replacing them is inexcusable. That blunder alone pisses me off to no end. Add the fact that Herm has lost this team leads(34-0) leads me to believe we are playing for nothing but draft picks and gaining experience for our young players.
    So why not fire Carl - now?
    Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Chiefs every weekend, and I do have patience. I have hope they can string together some wins and build toward bigger and better things. I just can't see them doing it under the current management we now have.
    That being said I hope we kick the sh!t out of the Titans!!
    SHUT IT

Croyle needs to be the starter for the season. Herm needs to stick with that and only replace him if he gets hurt. We need to know if he's the guy. Will he win us games? Probably not. Neither will Huard. This is Croyle's year to sink or swim. Even with the horrendous line, we'll be able to tell if he has a future as a starting QB. I certainly don't expect great things. I think he's been unintentionally set up to fail through bad play calling, a bad offensive line and bad coaching.

You have to know Herm and Carl are praying he adds something, or their butts are gone for sure at the end of the season, if not sooner. I wish Clark would send a message to Herm and the other coaches by at least firing Carl soon. Both of them getting the can right now would be even better.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Croyle needs to be the starter for the season. Herm needs to stick with that and only replace him if he gets hurt. We need to know if he's the guy. Will he win us games? Probably not. Neither will Huard. This is Croyle's year to sink or swim. Even with the horrendous line, we'll be able to tell if he has a future as a starting QB. I certainly don't expect great things. I think he's been unintentionally set up to fail through bad play calling, a bad offensive line and bad coaching.

You have to know Herm and Carl are praying he adds something, or their butts are gone for sure at the end of the season, if not sooner. I wish Clark would send a message to Herm and the other coaches by at least firing Carl soon. Both of them getting the can right now would be even better.
    Besides the reasons you state above, don't you think Croyles' inability to lead this team to a win has anything to do with Croyle himself? I agree that bad ol, coaching, and play calling contribute to 0 wins. But I also understand moreso that a qbs' ability to lead, make good reads, decisions, throws, and instill confidence in his teammates are just as important. This game is war, and he is the general. He needs to lead this army to some wins! Tough to do on the sideline - sh!tty ol or not.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Ugly seasons like 7-9 or ugly seasons like 4-12 and on pace to be even worse this year.... never were those teams under those QBs considered a pushover team like we are. They were the caliber of QB that could turn a game around and comeback to win. We go down by even a score and we are done. You put a decent QB on our team and IT WOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES TO WIN. Even on morale boost alone.
    Favre was on some very bad teams. Marino was on some very bad teams. Hell, pretty much all of them were on some very bad teams.

But I do agree that having an all-time great like Favre would make us more competitive. I just don't think that it would gain us a sniff at the playoffs.

I feel like it would more likely cause us to lose 27-10, as opposed to 34-0.

Now, had we picked-up just one decent o-lineman in free-agency, and added a Favre, then we might have been able to win some games.

But, with the way our defense has been playing, maybe not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast