Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Priest Holmes still on the roster

Default Priest Holmes still on the roster

OK. I have to ask. Why is Priest still on the roster? Just read an article on kcchiefs.com and they mentioned him as one of the veterans with 10+ yrs of experience.

I know Vermiel said he heard from Priest himself that he would be back this year. Green said if Priest says he'll be back, he'll be back. We all talked about it a few threads here. But WTF? That was all months ago.

I know if we cut him, he doesn't get paid and he can sign w/ other teams, but c'mon. After sitting out a year, and no real sign of him playing again, would anyone sign him? Are we keeping him on the roster out of loyalty?

Any articles out there with some detail about the Shadow?

Priest - if you are reading this (and I think all Chiefs players - both active and previous do read these forum posts), I'm pulling for you to suit up again. LJ is great, but you are on a different level.

(SideNote: I took my autographed Priest Holmes fathead my cousin won in the KCFX Easter Egg Hunt last year and gave to me as a birthday present to work. It had only been hung on a wall once - for the week the Chiefs were in the Playoffs - end of week 17 to first week of playoffs :( After the loss (per agreement with my wife), it came down from the front hallway. It went back on the fathead paper and has sat since. The day after I put it on the wall at work, I arrived to find it laying across my desk because it wasn't sticky enough. I put it back up with some putty the kids have for hanging glow-in-the-dark stars in their rooms, but what a crock. Don't they advertise as being able to take it down and put it back up as many times as you want?!?)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

I have posted this a few times on these forums.

He is DONE!

He is on the roster only because of loyalty.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Is that an opinion or is there something out there on the internet that shows it?

Ok, do or do you not want him on the roster?

Just curious.

I really don't think he'll be back; like Guru said the guy's done.
    You all know me!

-Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor)

how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts. I can't stand LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts. I can't stand LJ.
    12 year old alert!!!!!!:bluegrab:

I would love Priest back. Maybe he doesn't rush for 1700 yards, but he also doesn't:

1) Drop passes in the flat that will obviously be first downs.
    2) Miss picking up a blitz that causes us to lose a down and 10 yards.

Trade LJ, keep Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I would love Priest back. Maybe he doesn't rush for 1700 yards, but he also doesn't:

1) Drop passes in the flat that will obviously be first downs.
    2) Miss picking up a blitz that causes us to lose a down and 10 yards.

Trade LJ, keep Priest.
    If Priest hadn't been out for practically 2 years, I would agree with you. He is nowhere near the same Priest.

how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts.
    LOL!!
    I was with ya up to this point, then it got a little weird. :p
    j/k

I can't stand LJ.
    I, too, don't care for his attitude although he runs best with a big chip on his shoulder.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast