Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Priest Holmes still on the roster

Default Priest Holmes still on the roster

OK. I have to ask. Why is Priest still on the roster? Just read an article on kcchiefs.com and they mentioned him as one of the veterans with 10+ yrs of experience.

I know Vermiel said he heard from Priest himself that he would be back this year. Green said if Priest says he'll be back, he'll be back. We all talked about it a few threads here. But WTF? That was all months ago.

I know if we cut him, he doesn't get paid and he can sign w/ other teams, but c'mon. After sitting out a year, and no real sign of him playing again, would anyone sign him? Are we keeping him on the roster out of loyalty?

Any articles out there with some detail about the Shadow?

Priest - if you are reading this (and I think all Chiefs players - both active and previous do read these forum posts), I'm pulling for you to suit up again. LJ is great, but you are on a different level.

(SideNote: I took my autographed Priest Holmes fathead my cousin won in the KCFX Easter Egg Hunt last year and gave to me as a birthday present to work. It had only been hung on a wall once - for the week the Chiefs were in the Playoffs - end of week 17 to first week of playoffs :( After the loss (per agreement with my wife), it came down from the front hallway. It went back on the fathead paper and has sat since. The day after I put it on the wall at work, I arrived to find it laying across my desk because it wasn't sticky enough. I put it back up with some putty the kids have for hanging glow-in-the-dark stars in their rooms, but what a crock. Don't they advertise as being able to take it down and put it back up as many times as you want?!?)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    Loyalty and legal issues.

In a recent article that basically said everyone stop complaining about him, he already earned the $ he is making this year, it also said that he was going thru the motions of wanting to play (with his doctor's excuse).

Anyone know if there is a "legal / contractual" issue with cutting someone who is "injured"?
    I found this excerpt regarding Holmes situation:

Priest Holmes has no intention of playing tackle football again. Not without a new contract, something that is highly unlikely for a running back who will be 34 in October and has a history of getting injured almost every football season. This runs contrary to many previous reports, but Whitlock has the inside track when it comes to the Chiefs, though he admits the assertion is strictly his opinion. The constant medical evaluations of his neck and spine are simply steps in a dance he must do with the Chiefs to protect the signing bonus he received before the 2003 season. Had Holmes announced his retirement after the 2005 season, Peterson probably would've asked for a prorated portion of Holmes' $10 million signing bonus. So Holmes got a doctor's note, and his absence is excused.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I found this excerpt regarding Holmes situation:
    ...Sounds about right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345