Thread: No Sales Pitch Required!

Default No Sales Pitch Required!

The Highlight Reel That Made Me Feel, A Little Bit Of That Ol' DT Magic!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMNyu77Ld8"]YouTube - Virginia Tech's Brandon Flowers[/ame]

God, I Love This Kid!

ADDENDUM:

This is why, to me, the Combine doesn't mean ****. Brandon was overlooked as a first-rounder because of a 2" height "deficiency", and .5 seconds "too slow" on whatever 40-yard dash test they administer.
    It's all about skill, drive, and heart.
    And now, I can assure you, there is more than one team in the NFL kicking themselves in the *** for their short-sightedness.
    I find it VERY fitting that Brandon came to the Chiefs the same year that Emmit Thomas went to The Hall. If ever a young man exemplified the ideal of passing the CB torch on from a proven Champion to the next generation; Brandon Flowers is it.

And quickly:
    As it relates to our QB need, this same principal is why I'm up for giving Chase Daniel a serious look. This weekend we play OSU, and OU is right around the bend.
    If Chase can perform and make positive yardage happen in a high pressure pass-rush, if he can make positive yardage happen in a "total breakdown of the O-line scenario"; I'm ALL on board and will campaign for his immediate drafting in to the Kansas City Chiefs.

We Shall See...

Unhappy

I miss Derrick Thomas... he was something special.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I also miss DT, although my only time meeting him wasnt as special as I hoped, but that a story for another time.

I like the highlight reels of all the players we have although I didnt know there was 1 of Flowers. Guess I am going to have to spend more time on youtube to look at that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I also miss DT, although my only time meeting him wasnt as special as I hoped, but that a story for another time.

I like the highlight reels of all the players we have although I didnt know there was 1 of Flowers. Guess I am going to have to spend more time on youtube to look at that stuff.

That little corner of the AAC is cranking out some OUTSTANDING players right now.
    Eddie Royal was Brandon's team mate at VT.
    VT and West Virginia are schools to keep your eyes on when searching for individual talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    That little corner of the AAC is cranking out some OUTSTANDING players right now.
    Eddie Royal was Brandon's team mate at VT.
    VT and West Virginia are schools to keep your eyes on when searching for individual talent.
    Yep...and didn't Steve Slaton (HB-Houston) also come from one of those schools? He's having a nice start to his NFL career also!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yep...and didn't Steve Slaton (HB-Houston) also come from one of those schools? He's having a nice start to his NFL career also!
    Yep; he was a West Virginia guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    Yep; he was a West Virginia guy.
    Yeah I didn't feel like looking it up, but I was pretty sure.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat