Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brodie bust?

Default Brodie bust?

http://kcchiefs.com/news/2008/10/08/...or_start_over/

It looks like Carl's mouthpiece is setting Brodie up for the fall guy once this thing goes in the tank. Just another way Carl keeps trying to save his own skin if you ask me. Of course, it's true that there's a lot of pressure on Brodie just to stay healthy for the remainder of the season, if nothing else.

I saw this coming, tho. I just know that if the season keeps going totally south, Brodie will take the fall in an attempt for Carl and Herm to try to salvage their jobs. However, if things wind up bad enough this season, it will be interesting to see if Carl tries to sail Herm down the river in an attempt to save his @$$. My money says he will unless we win at least 4 games or unless the pressure subsides after the ritual killings when Brodie and whoever else are thrown under the bus.

It's all semantics, anyway. The fact remains that Carl needed to go yesterday, needs to go now, and will need to go tomorrow until he's actually and finally gone...

The last sentence of the article was kind of interesting to me, tho. Gretz mentions that several nameless futures are in jeopardy with the Chiefs as well. Maybe there is hope, after all...
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 10-09-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Yeah that is a point there. Even though Todd Blackledge had poor numbers like sometimes less than 50% completion percentage, his record as a starter was 13-11. 4-4 the first season, 3-3 the second, i.e. pretty much 50-50, whereas Brodie is 0-7. Of course the line for Blackledge was probably better. But just going on won-loss record, Brodie, so far, is a bigger bust. But it's still early for him and we're all hoping he can do it.

One thing too, The Chiefs probably had a lighter schedule back then (mid 80's) because now the schedule is pretty much the same regardless of your record. However, the AFC West was certainly no cake walk then.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yeah that is a point there. Even though Todd Blackledge had poor numbers like sometimes less than 50% completion percentage, his record as a starter was 13-11. 4-4 the first season, 3-3 the second, i.e. pretty much 50-50, whereas Brodie is 0-7. Of course the line for Blackledge was probably better. But just going on won-loss record, Brodie, so far, is a bigger bust. But it's still early for him and we're all hoping he can do it.

One thing too, The Chiefs probably had a lighter schedule back then (mid 80's) because now the schedule is pretty much the same regardless of your record. However, the AFC West was certainly no cake walk then.
    Todd Blackledge could win more games today than Brodie!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I think you just proved my point!!! Besides, I said ONE of the worst!
    Well, yeah, unless something dramatic happens, Croyle will be one of the organizations worst picks. Not a coincidence that it came during our worst drafts with Vermeil. Simms is still the worst pick in Chiefs history, though.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I like Holmgren, but don't think he's what you guys need. Holmgren's system is very dependent on a stud QB, and a strong O-line. He doesn't need the best WRs or running backs (see what Julius Jones, Maurice Morris and others have done under him)...I don't see Croyle being that QB, and by the time the Chiefs could get one, the only guy who would be left on the line right now would be Albert. Unless you could trade Waters, LJ and yeah, Gonzalez for 1st day draft picks (1st/2ndrounds) then you aren't going to fill all the holes you'd need to fill for Holmgren.

Cowher on the other hand, can work with mediocre QBs (Maddox, O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart) and have a succesful team). The only hole he'd need to fill on offense is likely the Guard positions (1 to start now, and 1 to replace Waters in time)...and another TE as he uses genuine 2 TE sets a lot. Cowher could make good use of LJ yet knows how to mix it up with vertical passes and trick plays. He would be the ultimate answer for you guys. If he doesn't want to come back, or chooses another locale then the next best bet is to go after Jason Garrett. He's the coach of the future in Dallas, but if Wade Phillips isn't ready to retire then he may become available?! He's younger, so you'd have to bring in a GM also, and I'd seriously chase down Marti Schottenheimer and see if he'd like to take Carl's old post. Bit of irony there?!
    i might be wrong but wasnt Chan the OC for the Steelers with Kordell?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Well, yeah, unless something dramatic happens, Croyle will be one of the organizations worst picks. Not a coincidence that it came during our worst drafts with Vermeil. Simms is still the worst pick in Chiefs history, though.
    I disagree! It was Blackledge!

I was going to post, but will not.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I disagree! It was Blackledge!
    don't forget Jr. Siavii!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I was going to post, but will not.
    Me too; I'm speechless.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I would say that a failed 1st rounder is gonna be a far bigger bust than a failed third round pick.

Also, Croyle came in Herms first draft with us. Rather you want to credit CP or Herm, you can't put that one on DV.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would say that a failed 1st rounder is gonna be a far bigger bust than a failed third round pick.

Also, Croyle came in Herms first draft with us. Rather you want to credit CP or Herm, you can't put that one on DV.
    Oh, I thought he was drafted in 05.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast