Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brodie bust?

Default Brodie bust?

http://kcchiefs.com/news/2008/10/08/...or_start_over/

It looks like Carl's mouthpiece is setting Brodie up for the fall guy once this thing goes in the tank. Just another way Carl keeps trying to save his own skin if you ask me. Of course, it's true that there's a lot of pressure on Brodie just to stay healthy for the remainder of the season, if nothing else.

I saw this coming, tho. I just know that if the season keeps going totally south, Brodie will take the fall in an attempt for Carl and Herm to try to salvage their jobs. However, if things wind up bad enough this season, it will be interesting to see if Carl tries to sail Herm down the river in an attempt to save his @$$. My money says he will unless we win at least 4 games or unless the pressure subsides after the ritual killings when Brodie and whoever else are thrown under the bus.

It's all semantics, anyway. The fact remains that Carl needed to go yesterday, needs to go now, and will need to go tomorrow until he's actually and finally gone...

The last sentence of the article was kind of interesting to me, tho. Gretz mentions that several nameless futures are in jeopardy with the Chiefs as well. Maybe there is hope, after all...
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 10-09-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I'm starting to not care if he can adjust. He has had a pretty good shot and I think we know what we have. An average QB with a decent arm and a glass vagina!!

LMAO! I agree totally and actually thought the same thing! I just thought I would get banned if I said it!

It's difficult for me to agree to calling Croyle fragile, as I remeber saying that he would get injured again, long before it happened.

Not because he is made of glass, not because of any 'curse', but because Herms QBs get hurt due to a piss-poor offensive line.

The more times you get hit, the better the odds that you will get hurt. And Herms QBs get hit ALOT.

I said last season that, unless we gave Brodie some protection, he was never going to get a real chance to show us anything.

I hoped that that wouldn't be the case, but here we all are calling Croyle 'Glass' and 'Bust', without ever seeing him play for an NFL offense.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It's difficult for me to agree to calling Croyle fragile, as I remeber saying that he would get injured again, long before it happened.

Not because he is made of glass, not because of any 'curse', but because Herms QBs get hurt due to a piss-poor offensive line.

The more times you get hit, the better the odds that you will get hurt. And Herms QBs get hit ALOT.

I said last season that, unless we gave Brodie some protection, he was never going to get a real chance to show us anything.

I hoped that that wouldn't be the case, but here we all are calling Croyle 'Glass' and 'Bust', without ever seeing him play for an NFL offense.
    A guy who got ran out of New York for Favre is tearing it up right now in Miami. Could his name be Pennington?! Once thought of as an injury-prone QB and underachiever, now is lighting it up pretty good. Could be because he actually got away from HERM!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

You are right, Broyle is in harm's way because he doesn't have the protection of a protective o-line.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    A guy who got ran out of New York for Favre is tearing it up right now in Miami. Could his name be Pennington?! Once thought of as an injury-prone QB and underachiever, now is lighting it up pretty good. Could be because he actually got away from HERM!
    Which is the exact reason we need to get Herm and Carl outta KC! Niether 1 has good luck with QB's! Herm cant protect them and Carl cant pick them!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Pennington has the highest (or one of the highset)completion %'s in the NFL- I truly am sorry for BC but that experiment is over! Sad, but this a tough league and our first pick now might be Stafford, because I think the prospect of being picked by the chiefs (Herms invisible O line)will keep Bradford in school!

oh come on guys arena bowl brodie might do bon jovi some good

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I truly am sorry for BC but that experiment is over! Sad, but this a tough league and our first pick now might be DEAD MEAT BEHIND CENTER, because I think the prospect of being picked by the chiefs (Herms invisible O line)will keep Bradford in school!
    Fixed your reply.^

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345