Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tank(s)?

Default Tank(s)?

Does anyone else really want to see Tank Johnson here? I would love to see a pair of "Tanks" sittin in there destroying the opposing offensive lines. Johnson is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. I understand he has some issues and we have plenty to worry about with the guys already on this team, but how much trouble can you get into in K.C. really? lol I think the reason you don't see more trouble from our players is because of where they live. that's not a knock on the city, it's just a relatively quieter town than Chicago.

The guy WANTS to turn things around. Get him out of that city where he has all his friends, and he MAY staighten up. With all these high priced vets leaving town, it's not like we don't have the cap room. i'm not sure what the exact number is, but the only huge contracts we still have are on our O-line and CBs.

I just think this would solidify what has become a much improved D-line this spring. We've got Jared Allen, John Welbourn, and now Tank Tyler. What's one more "character" guy? Where's the risk? We already have a descent D-line without him, if he flys right, we have an amazing D-line. If he doesn't, the league suspends him without pay and we're back to what we have now.

There's already some tension in the club house with the LJ situation and the Jared Allen temper tantrum, so i don't think signing him will be that big of a distraction.

The biggest reason i DON'T think it'll happen, is because one of his best friends, Lovi Smith, just released the guy. If Lovi gets on the horn and runs the guy down, Herm wont touch him.

A reason why i think he COULD get signed is because they didn't seem too reluctant in wanting to sign Terrell Owens. They drafted Tank Tyler. They allowed Welbourn to come back. I don't see Herm shying away from "character" guys eventhough he seems to advocate strong punishment for poor decisions off the field.

No No No
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I am "on the fringe" on this subject. He is a great talent, but also, a real schmuck, of a person. (appearently) I wouldn't get giddy, nor pissy, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Does anyone else really want to see Tank Johnson here? I would love to see a pair of "Tanks" sittin in there destroying the opposing offensive lines. Johnson is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. I understand he has some issues and we have plenty to worry about with the guys already on this team, but how much trouble can you get into in K.C. really? lol I think the reason you don't see more trouble from our players is because of where they live. that's not a knock on the city, it's just a relatively quieter town than Chicago.

The guy WANTS to turn things around. Get him out of that city where he has all his friends, and he MAY staighten up. With all these high priced vets leaving town, it's not like we don't have the cap room. i'm not sure what the exact number is, but the only huge contracts we still have are on our O-line and CBs.

I just think this would solidify what has become a much improved D-line this spring. We've got Jared Allen, John Welbourn, and now Tank Tyler. What's one more "character" guy? Where's the risk? We already have a descent D-line without him, if he flys right, we have an amazing D-line. If he doesn't, the league suspends him without pay and we're back to what we have now.

There's already some tension in the club house with the LJ situation and the Jared Allen temper tantrum, so i don't think signing him will be that big of a distraction.

The biggest reason i DON'T think it'll happen, is because one of his best friends, Lovi Smith, just released the guy. If Lovi gets on the horn and runs the guy down, Herm wont touch him.

A reason why i think he COULD get signed is because they didn't seem too reluctant in wanting to sign Terrell Owens. They drafted Tank Tyler. They allowed Welbourn to come back. I don't see Herm shying away from "character" guys eventhough he seems to advocate strong punishment for poor decisions off the field.

This will change once CP pays LJ. :113:

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    No No No

So what you're saying is: "No".
    You all know me!

-Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor)

Nice thought, but no way. I agree with the earlier post that made mention of the relationship between hermie and lovie. hermie wouldn't bring in this guy after his boyfiend lovie just released him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredomReallySux View Post
    So what you're saying is: "No".
    NO. But I am saying NO, IDIOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    NO. But I am saying NO, IDIOT!!!
    LOL!

I was gonna remind ya of the R-E-S-P-E-C-T rule, but BRS kinda ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    LOL!

I was gonna remind ya of the R-E-S-P-E-C-T rule, but BRS kinda ask for it.
    Pipe down Aretha.:fighting0028:

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Nice thought, but no way. I agree with the earlier post that made mention of the relationship between hermie and lovie. hermie wouldn't bring in this guy after his boyfiend lovie just released him.

LOL!!! Unless Lovie released him for Hermie; who knows just how far their man love extends. j/k

I agree; I don't see Hermie picking this guy up, although stranger things have happened.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast