Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Default Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Man I hope this guy's wrong. How can Hunt expects us fans to endure more of this next season?

From Profootballweekly.com-

Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

By Michael Blunda Oct. 9, 2008

With the Chiefs off to a 1-4 start and no indications of improvement in sight, fans and media alike are calling for heads to roll. Whether it be someone in the front office, coaching staff or both, the people of Kansas City are awaiting a public execution. The way we hear it, however, the drastic changes they’re looking for don’t appear to be on the horizon.

Chiefs president/GM/CEO Carl Peterson, the man responsible for the current makeup of the roster, would seem to be the obvious fall guy for the team’s struggles. After all, he is the one who decided that this course of action was in the best interest of the organization. But we hear Peterson made some commitments to late owner Lamar Hunt that he intends to fulfill.

Two of the major ones — guiding the franchise through its transition period and overseeing the renovations to Arrowhead Stadium — should be complete by the end of the 2009 season, which just happens to be when Peterson’s contract is up. He has expressed privately that at that point, he fully plans to retire, and if present Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is anything like his father, he will allow Peterson to do just that.

We understand that Lamar Hunt was extremely patient — sometimes to a fault — which is one of the main reasons why Peterson has remained in power for 20 seasons despite the fact that K.C. hasn’t won a playoff game since 1993. And unless Clark Hunt has a dramatically different philosophy, Peterson is not expected to be fired before his contract expires.

The same goes for head coach Herm Edwards, whom Peterson trusts to help rebuild the club. If Peterson is only planning to stick around for another season, it’s very unlikely that he would axe Edwards, a close friend of his, before he leaves town.

When Kansas City does finally decide to make changes in its front office, though, we hear that a serious overhaul can be expected. The team will not have one person handle the responsibilities of GM, CEO and president, as Peterson is doing. Instead, Hunt is likely to hire different individuals for these positions, so as not to have one man ruling over all facets of the organization. That is just one of many alterations Chiefs fans will see — beginning in 2010.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I have never claimed that he is a back stabbing traitor. I liked Jared, but realistically he was a two time loser with DUIs and facing a suspension. Why should he get his money right away? Why not take a year making a paltry 8.8 million and prove that he is over the problem. I have said that if his attitude is that he wants to leave then let him go and I will happily enjoy watching Dorsey and Albert play instead.
    Fact is that they had already taken one-year making that decision. In which JA did more than they asked. He stayed out of trouble, showed up for every day of work and played hard.

If that 8.8 million that you bring up is the offer, then that includes letting The Vikings beat the offer. And, by the way, JA accepted The Chiefs' offer. (Not that a player can refuse anyway.)

Jared made an offer to remain here for years to come. Because regardless of pay, everyone wants their future to be secured past one year.

The Chiefs counter-offered by trading him.

LJ was never 'tagged'. He was under contract and just quit showing-up for work.

In fact, JA and LJ were both looking for more money that pre-season, and JA continued to work, and even shut-up when they told him that they would take care of him at the end of the season. Then the team changed their mind.

I don't mind that you aren't a fan of JA anymore. But he did not want to leave. He tried to stay. And The Chiefs got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If a player truely doesn't want to play here, you got to let em go. It happened for Allen, and he's happy for it. It didn't happen for Tony, and now he'll end a stellar hall-of-fame career on a sour note as a Chief. Even if Tony plays elsewhere after this year, it'll be hard forgettin' how he was treated his last year here.
    Jared Allen didn't want to go, he was traded.

I have never claimed that he is a back stabbing traitor. I liked Jared, but realistically he was a two time loser with DUIs and facing a suspension. Why should he get his money right away? Why not take a year making a paltry 8.8 million and prove that he is over the problem. I have said that if his attitude is that he wants to leave then let him go and I will happily enjoy watching Dorsey and Albert play instead.
    I have no idea where you get your info but it is TOTALLY wrong!!! He wanted more than one year and that is the ONLY thing he was causing a stink about! He actually said the $8.8 was fine but the 1 year was not. I guess he was trying to get to 11 years as your beloved TG!! CP decided to TRADE HIM!!! He didn't ask to leave until they told him several times they wouldn't resign him to more years!!!
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Fact is that they had already taken one-year making that decision. In which JA did more than they asked. He stayed out of trouble, showed up for every day of work and played hard.

If that 8.8 million that you bring up is the offer, then that includes letting The Vikings beat the offer. And, by the way, JA accepted The Chiefs' offer. (Not that a player can refuse anyway.)

Jared made an offer to remain here for years to come. Because regardless of pay, everyone wants their future to be secured past one year.

The Chiefs counter-offered by trading him.

LJ was never 'tagged'. He was under contract and just quit showing-up for work.

In fact, JA and LJ were both looking for more money that pre-season, and JA continued to work, and even shut-up when they told him that they would take care of him at the end of the season. Then the team changed their mind.

I don't mind that you aren't a fan of JA anymore. But he did not want to leave. He tried to stay. And The Chiefs got rid of him.

Jared Allen didn't want to go, he was traded.
    Sorry chief31!! Didn't see your post before I started typing but it looks as if our posts are pretty close to the same. With the exception of my daily ribbing of the canadien one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I have no idea where you get your info but it is TOTALLY wrong!!! He wanted more than one year and that is the ONLY thing he was causing a stink about! He actually said the $8.8 was fine but the 1 year was not. I guess he was trying to get to 11 years as your beloved TG!! CP decided to TRADE HIM!!! He didn't ask to leave until they told him several times they wouldn't resign him to more years!!!
    Oh...so he did not have a 1 year 8.8 million dollar offer? Cause you say that I am wrong and then go ahead and say the same thing I just said. I know he wanted a long term contract but he also had off field problems and untimately did not get signed, but discussing things with you is useless.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Sorry chief31!! Didn't see your post before I started typing but it looks as if our posts are pretty close to the same. With the exception of my daily ribbing of the canadien one!!
    I don't want to make you look stupid but it is spelled Canadian. Learn to spell if you are going to make fun of someone intelligence.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I like to think that we let go of Jared because we saw the value in trading him while he was hot and nothing more. For the last 7 seasons in the NFL, the previous year's sack leader has seen a significant decline in production the following season. As inept as CP may seem, I'm sure he knows things like this.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Oh...so he did not have a 1 year 8.8 million dollar offer? Cause you say that I am wrong and then go ahead and say the same thing I just said. I know he wanted a long term contract but he also had off field problems and untimately did not get signed, but discussing things with you is useless. It will all ultimately lead to how great it is owning your own bar and having financial freedom and pedalling energy drinks on people. then I believe you will top it all off with some sort of articulate comment about how I could not possibly know anything cause I live 20 minutes north of the US border. I am not going to sit here and insult Americans cause most of the guys I have met are pretty cool, but it is douche bags like you that make the US the most hated country in the world. At least you contribute somehow.
    Mr. Shed,
    Did you read the part where I said "he said the $8.8 was fine"?
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 12:22 PM.

I don't want to make you look stupid but it is spelled Canadian. Learn to spell if you are going to make fun of someone intelligence college boy.
    You got me!!! It's early in these here parts. I was drinkin for free all night last night so I'm a little off my game right now!!! One energy drink and I'll be great though!! Did I mention we are available in Canada now as well as 46 other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I like to think that we let go of Jared because we saw the value in trading him while he was hot and nothing more. For the last 7 seasons in the NFL, the previous year's sack leader has seen a significant decline in production the following season. As inept as CP may seem, I'm sure he knows things like this.
    I'm not sure what his numbers are this year but I would think your assesment of the drop in numbers is correct this year so far.

You got me!!! It's early in these here parts. I was drinkin for free all night last night so I'm a little off my game right now!!! One energy drink and I'll be great though!! Did I mention we are available in Canada now as well as 46 other countries?
    I wouldn't pay money for that crappy beer either!

Gald you found time to spam the site though!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast