Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Default Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Man I hope this guy's wrong. How can Hunt expects us fans to endure more of this next season?

From Profootballweekly.com-

Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

By Michael Blunda Oct. 9, 2008

With the Chiefs off to a 1-4 start and no indications of improvement in sight, fans and media alike are calling for heads to roll. Whether it be someone in the front office, coaching staff or both, the people of Kansas City are awaiting a public execution. The way we hear it, however, the drastic changes they’re looking for don’t appear to be on the horizon.

Chiefs president/GM/CEO Carl Peterson, the man responsible for the current makeup of the roster, would seem to be the obvious fall guy for the team’s struggles. After all, he is the one who decided that this course of action was in the best interest of the organization. But we hear Peterson made some commitments to late owner Lamar Hunt that he intends to fulfill.

Two of the major ones — guiding the franchise through its transition period and overseeing the renovations to Arrowhead Stadium — should be complete by the end of the 2009 season, which just happens to be when Peterson’s contract is up. He has expressed privately that at that point, he fully plans to retire, and if present Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is anything like his father, he will allow Peterson to do just that.

We understand that Lamar Hunt was extremely patient — sometimes to a fault — which is one of the main reasons why Peterson has remained in power for 20 seasons despite the fact that K.C. hasn’t won a playoff game since 1993. And unless Clark Hunt has a dramatically different philosophy, Peterson is not expected to be fired before his contract expires.

The same goes for head coach Herm Edwards, whom Peterson trusts to help rebuild the club. If Peterson is only planning to stick around for another season, it’s very unlikely that he would axe Edwards, a close friend of his, before he leaves town.

When Kansas City does finally decide to make changes in its front office, though, we hear that a serious overhaul can be expected. The team will not have one person handle the responsibilities of GM, CEO and president, as Peterson is doing. Instead, Hunt is likely to hire different individuals for these positions, so as not to have one man ruling over all facets of the organization. That is just one of many alterations Chiefs fans will see — beginning in 2010.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The founder of the Chiefs and the man who brought the AFL and NFL together, moved the Chiefs from Dallas to Kansas City. That is the guy that you need clarification on? You have got to be kiddig me. Question Carl, question Clark, thats fine. But Lamar? You have got to be joking. Sure we had a crap team in the 70s, how about one of the most dominant teams in the 90's. The only thing that I think Lamar is guilty of is being too loyal to CP. Which if you ask me is something that NFL football today is lacking. (loyalty) But Lamar Hunt went to the grave supporting this team and now there are people who are going to question his passion for this team? What a F$^kin' joke.
    How is being loyal to Steadman and Peterson, in light of their COMBINED 10 YEARS(maybe)of being competitive( not winning a Super Bowl, but JUST BEING COMPETITIVE )good business?
    Sure, there's a line you don't want to cross where you become Al Davis and start throwing pink slips around like confetti, but COME ON!
    You have unwittingly gotten right to the heart of the matter, and have made my case for me again:
    THIS is the Hunt Mandate( Father OR Son ), and it has been so since day one after we won our only Super Bowl:

As long as the asses are in the seats, as long as the merchandise sells, and as long as the revenue flows, everything is OK.

Well guess what, Canada? That ain't ok, and it's high-time someone had the balls to stand up and SAY SO!

I like to win, how about you? And running the Chiefs like a budget yard-sale is NOT going to get it done.

I'll say it from now until the END OF TIME:

If the ownership of this franchise is not in it to win it; then sell the mother****** to someone who IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Right now, that loyalty is killing us, though. Peterson should've been gone after Vermeil era failed.
    THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    How is being loyal to Steadman and Peterson, in light of their COMBINED 10 YEARS(maybe)of being competitive( not winning a Super Bowl, but JUST BEING COMPETITIVE )good business?
    Sure, there's a line you don't want to cross where you become Al Davis and start throwing pink slips around like confetti, but COME ON!
    You have unwittingly gotten right to the heart of the matter, and have made my case for me again:
    THIS is the Hunt Mandate( Father OR Son ), and it has been so since day one after we won our only Super Bowl:

As long as the asses are in the seats, as long as the merchandise sells, and as long as the revenue flows, everything is OK.

Well guess what, Canada? That ain't ok, and it's high-time someone had the balls to stand up and SAY SO!

I like to win, how about you? And running the Chiefs like a budget yard-sale is NOT going to get it done.

I'll say it from now until the END OF TIME:

If the ownership of this franchise is not in it to win it; then sell the mother****** to someone who IS.
    Yeah, I guess when they put those 13-3 teams on the field it was Carl and Lamars fault they lost there too right. I don't think '03 was a budget yard sale, but still you manage to be able to put the blame on CP and Lamar!! Makes sense to me. Put a winning team on the field who did not perform in the playoffs...whos fault is that? But you go ahead and jump on that "Blame management" bandwagon. Scream and yell for the heads of CP and Clark, but you seem to have strayed from your argument. Lamar had more passion for this team than this entire board put together. Look at the last 15 years of this franchise...how many winning seasons have we had? Is it ever the players fault that we did not win? I don't hear you questioning their passion. The whole management argument is so worn out is gets boring to listen to. So question Lamar all you like, that shows me your passion and commitment to the Chiefs.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The only thing that I think Lamar is guilty of is being too loyal to CP.
    Right now, that loyalty is killing us, though. Peterson should've been gone after Vermeil era failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    THANK YOU!
    Wow...its almost like that is EXACTLY what I said!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Wow...its almost like that is EXACTLY what I said!!
    I'm not saying that Lamar was a bad owner. He was a good person and wanted the best for the team. He fielded some very good teams in the 90s, just couldn't win the big games. Near the end, I think he lost some passion for the game and let CP do the heavy lifting. He kept Carl around because, like you said, was loyal to him. He let his emotions get in the way of owning the team.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'm not saying that Lamar was a bad owner. He was a good person and wanted the best for the team. He fielded some very good teams in the 90s, just couldn't win the big games. Near the end, I think he lost some passion for the game and let CP do the heavy lifting. He kept Carl around because, like you said, was loyal to him. He let his emotions get in the way of owning the team.
    I do not believe Lamar lost his passion for the Chiefs!! Maybe because of his failing health, in the later years, cp got more control?

Yeah, I guess when they put those 13-3 teams on the field it was Carl and Lamars fault they lost there too right. I don't think '03 was a budget yard sale, but still you manage to be able to put the blame on CP and Lamar!! Makes sense to me. Put a winning team on the field who did not perform in the playoffs...whos fault is that? But you go ahead and jump on that "Blame management" bandwagon. Scream and yell for the heads of CP and Clark, but you seem to have strayed from your argument. Lamar had more passion for this team than this entire board put together. Look at the last 15 years of this franchise...how many winning seasons have we had? Is it ever the players fault that we did not win? I don't hear you questioning their passion. The whole management argument is so worn out is gets boring to listen to. So question Lamar all you like, that shows me your passion and commitment to the Chiefs.

Let me ask you something Canada from Canada; do my 15 voting-age years of living IN Jackson County, IN KCMO Proper, and voting FOR every proposal tied to the Truman Sports Complex, and then PAYING FOR THEM WITH MY MONEY factor in to your "assessment" of my commitment?!?!

If you want to question my blind faith or the lack thereof, be my guest. But for you to question my commitment to the Chiefs? That's rich...

No. He should have been shoveled out of here after 98 season - after Marty took us to 1 playoff win in ten years.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    No. He should have been shoveled out of here after 98 season - after Marty took us to 1 playoff win in ten years.
    You got it. Canada's all pissed at me because I've chosen to look at all this nonsense starting at the place you SHOULD look; The Top.

Don't you worry though, I'm putting all the numbers together RIGHT NOW. And when I'm done, he and everyone else will see that I am NOT talking out of my ***!

Be with ya' shortly...

I just came from Bible study. I had done alot of thinking about how I was thinking ill of Clark, Carl and Hermie earlier.

We should pray for our leaders, whether it be the president of the United States, our pastors-preachers-priests-ministers, our military superiors, principals of our schools,our parents, coaches, general managers, and even the owner of a football franchise.

Those that I mentioned and some that I didn't, they have to make decisions - big decisions - and there are some people(or alot) that don't agree with the decisions made for the whole. All we can do is pray that they make good decisions, those decisions might not be what you or I would decide.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast