Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Gonzales to Giants?

Default Gonzales to Giants?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 11:52 p.m.
    A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)
    Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.
    The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
    Stay tuned....... and the rats start to leave the ship....not that TG is a rat!

Quote Originally Posted by throughthickandthin View Post
    No that's not what I meant. 3rd and 6th is a great insult to not only Gonzalez but to every current and future HOF'rs. "3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time" is something ol' Carl will be saying to himself so he can sleep at night.
    I think a 3rd and 6th rounder is the best you will get. Tony has already said he will most likley retire in two years. Realistically, teams don't spend picks on short time players unless they feel he is the key to win a superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Yes, ill take it 1 step further. We lost a great asset when we let Green go. If you watched him on sidelines when he was injured he did nothing but talk with Huard and Croyle. We are about to lose our best asset we have. TG understands the QB position about as much as any QB. If this all goes down? This will be a dark day for a LONG time in Chiefs history.
    I completely agree with the Green comment it's nice to finally meet another fan that doesn't laugh at me when I say that. It seems that so many fans put all of thier faith in Croyle when he was drafted that they can't stand to hear a foul word said about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think a 3rd and 6th rounder is the best you will get. Tony has already said he will most likley retire in two years. Realistically, teams don't spend picks on short time players unless they feel he is the key to win a superbowl
    I think you're wrong and I'll explain. IF tony is traded to a true contender that doesn't choke in the first round of the playoffs or doesn't tank like we've been doing I've got him in for another 4 to 5.

3rd and 6th is stupid. Period. Anybody who would consider this needs to be institutionalized!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He WOULD be the key to any team competeing for the title. Look at what he has done with the Chiefs? Mainly with defensive minded coaches other than Vermiel? Any team would improve with him on their team!

Quote Originally Posted by throughthickandthin View Post
    I completely agree with the Green comment it's nice to finally meet another fan that doesn't laugh at me when I say that. It seems that so many fans put all of thier faith in Croyle when he was drafted that they can't stand to hear a foul word said about him.
    I dont have ANYTHING nice to say about Croyle other than he has a strong arm. Hes not accruate and he makes alot of poor judgements on throwing the ball. I feel he was a wasted pick, at what? 3rd round I believe? We coulda traded for Shaub or a couple other guys that year. Though Carl and Herm were more worried about draft choices rather than quality. Look at Medlock! Im surprised they moved up to get Albert TBH!

Its also rumored that teh Packs are in teh bidding war.

Would you be ok with a Brohm for Gonzo trade?

He WOULD be the key to any team competeing for the title. Look at what he has done with the Chiefs? Mainly with defensive minded coaches other than Vermiel? Any team would improve with him on their team!

I dont have ANYTHING nice to say about Croyle other than he has a strong arm. Hes not accruate and he makes alot of poor judgements on throwing the ball. I feel he was a wasted pick, at what? 3rd round I believe? We coulda traded for Shaub or a couple other guys that year. Though Carl and Herm were more worried about draft choices rather than quality. Look at Medlock! Im surprised they moved up to get Albert TBH!
    I don't think that it would be necessary to bring up is interception records either. Even playing Croyle on Madden you can't keep the ball out of the defender's hands.

I havent heard anything about the eagles and bucs but anything is possible at this point
    Source: Chiefs willing to listen to offers for record-setting TE Gonzalez

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 12, 2008, 4:53 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Tony Gonzalez, the most productive tight end in NFL history, will be traded to a contender if the Kansas City Chiefs get the right price.
    ESPN's Michael Smith first reported the fact Gonzalez was to be shopped Saturday.

A league source confirmed to ESPN that Gonzalez went to Chiefs GM Carl Peterson and inquired about a trade to a contender earlier this week.

Gonzalez

Gonzalez, who holds the NFL tight end record for receptions, touchdown catches and yards receiving, is active in civic and charitable affairs and enjoys great popularity in Kansas City. He has always said he would like to end his career with the Chiefs, who drafted him in the first round out of California in 1997.
    But the Chiefs (1-4) are rebuilding from the bottom up and not likely to contend for the Super Bowl any time soon. In spite of all his personal accomplishments, Gonzalez, 32, has never even won a postseason game.
    He would like an opportunity to play in a Super Bowl and the rebuilding Chiefs would like to acquire extra draft picks.
    The Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles have been in contact with the Chiefs regarding Gonzalez.
    The Giants traded tight end Jeremy Shockey to New Orleans last summer for Nos. 2 and 5 drafts pick in 2009. Shockey's replacement, Kevin Boss, has been a disappointment even though the defending Super Bowl champs are undefeated.
    Michael Smith is a reporter for ESPN. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Brohm has strong stats (college at least) and he isn't as fragile as Croyle or as weak minded as Huard. We're losing TG anyway might as well try anything at this point.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Id take Brohm and a 4th for TG if Brohm was going to be given a chance. Remember, Green was the starter and Herm took over and wanted Croyle the whole time to b the starter. So you never know whats in his mind! If we give up TG there better be a leadership change!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast