Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Gonzales to Giants?

Default Gonzales to Giants?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 11:52 p.m.
    A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)
    Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.
    The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
    Stay tuned....... and the rats start to leave the ship....not that TG is a rat!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Im talking about that 1 draft. Yes, Carl didnt have anything to do with that 1 but, we draft Medlock over Crosby and then take in Rainer after Crosby unseated him? Give me a break! Id rather be competitive and maybe beat someone we shouldnt then go through another rebuilding mode. Remember Carl's 5 year plan 15 years ago? Carl makes decisions based on feelings when it doesnt come to putting asses in the seats! Like I said, Carl has made a killing putting mediocre teams on field and Herm has made a killing taking playoff (yes I know we snuck in) teams back to mediocrcy if not worse!
    I can see your point and I'll agree but do we give Herm another chance if we replace Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by throughthickandthin View Post
    I think you're wrong and I'll explain. IF tony is traded to a true contender that doesn't choke in the first round of the playoffs or doesn't tank like we've been doing I've got him in for another 4 to 5.
    I could be. I am just going off what he says. He has said many times that 2 years is his plan. He has a family now.

However, it is pretty clear he has a goal in sight. I think he has reached all but the one. If he goes to a team that does contend, he could play longer. If they win, he could retire then.

A general rule, is that when you draft someone with the first round, you expect 10 years of service from that player.

A second to 3rd rounder you expect at least 5. To think you can get more for a guy who may only play 3 more years is reaching.

Personally, I don't think a 3rd and 6th is worth giving up for TG. But that may be the best over realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthickandthin View Post
    IF we got rid of Carl I'd be willing to give Herm another chance. You gotta wonder how much Carl has tied his hands, even if I'm wrong what's another losing season?
    If we get rid of CP, and don't hire someone already with the Chiefs to replace CP. I don't see Herm getting a chance to stick around.

That new GM will want and should bring in his own guy. Start the rebuild year one.

I might not have agreed with it then, but Herm should have stripped this team his first year here and then started the rebuild. You can blame DV for making this team old, but Herm pro-longed it by adding to it. That is unexcusable. I don't want our new GM making that same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I could be. I am just going off what he says. He has said many times that 2 years is his plan. He has a family now.

However, it is pretty clear he has a goal in sight. I think he has reached all but the one. If he goes to a team that does contend, he could play longer. If they win, he could retire then.

A general rule, is that when you draft someone with the first round, you expect 10 years of service from that player.

A second to 3rd rounder you expect at least 5. To think you can get more for a guy who may only play 3 more years is reaching.

Personally, I don't think a 3rd and 6th is worth giving up for TG. But that may be the best over realistically.
    IF whoever he is traded to wins the Superbowl then yeah I would say he'd retire but regardless of the pick that team gives up Tony Gonzalez would be the reason they won. A player of that size with that kind of skill how could he not be a key player in a championship? I mean he's playing with arguably some of the worst Quarterbacks in the league but he still manages to break records, c'mon I don't care who you are that's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If we get rid of CP, and don't hire someone already with the Chiefs to replace CP. I don't see Herm getting a chance to stick around.

That new GM will want and should bring in his own guy. Start the rebuild year one.

I might not have agreed with it then, but Herm should have stripped this team his first year here and then started the rebuild. You can blame DV for making this team old, but Herm pro-longed it by adding to it. That is unexcusable. I don't want our new GM making that same mistake.
    I agree that a new General Manager would bring in someone else, but Herm has eluded several times in side conversations that he doesn't have a whole lot to do with team decision making. I'm not saying that Herm is completely innocent in the fall of the Chiefs but I would put the majority of the blame on Carl.

Hey whats up KC Fans bills fan here

We got a report on our boards today from that scout.com is reporting the bills offered a 3rd rounder for Tony G.

What are your thoughts on that? We are really in need of a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by John from Hemet View Post

We got a report on our boards today from that scout.com is reporting the bills offered a 3rd rounder for Tony G.

It is not enough. Tony G is like our Brett Favre.. He is not just a TE. He has been our go to receiver for years. He has been a stud on and off the field. He is an ideal person to build every NFL player around.

you guys are in desperate need of a tight end i think tony might be enough to put you guys over the hump with a good d and running game and good line. i bet tony would tear it up for you guys but only a third rounder sorry not enough. i do not think people are realizing (other than us)how good of a tight end he is jeremy shockey could not hold tony's jock strap. he just has not been in a good offense of system the past two years

My thoughts....fold you sh!tty team and move them to Canada where we can at least drink good beer while we watch your crappy team.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    My thoughts....fold you sh!tty team and move them to Canada where we can at least drink good beer while we watch your crappy team.
    Canada, what is your beer of choice north of the border??????

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast