Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gonzales to Giants?

Default Gonzales to Giants?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 11:52 p.m.
    A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)
    Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.
    The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
    Stay tuned....... and the rats start to leave the ship....not that TG is a rat!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

since we dont really have any threat other than bowe,teams will put nine in the box and double up on bowe. our rookie TE from Tenn. better devolpe real fast.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Maybe Carl is more focused on the new stadium developments and ticket prices then managing a winning team. 3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time lol. Way to go Carl!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by throughthickandthin View Post
    Maybe Carl is more focused on the new stadium developments and ticket prices then managing a winning team. 3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time lol. Way to go Carl!!
    At the time? What? When he was a unproven rookie? You have got to be kidding me! He is a future HOF'r! He has probably got 2-3 more GOOD years left in him. After that he will still be productive when needed. A 3rd and a 6th is a insult!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    At the time? What? When he was a unproven rookie? You have got to be kidding me! He is a future HOF'r! He has probably got 2-3 more GOOD years left in him. After that he will still be productive when needed. A 3rd and a 6th is a insult!
    No that's not what I meant. 3rd and 6th is a great insult to not only Gonzalez but to every current and future HOF'rs. "3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time" is something ol' Carl will be saying to himself so he can sleep at night.

No that's not what I meant. 3rd and 6th is a great insult to not only Gonzalez but to every current and future HOF'rs. "3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time" is something ol' Carl will be saying to himself so he can sleep at night.
    Oh, OK, sorry, but TG isnt going to care what the Chiefs get for him TBH

Oh, OK, sorry, but TG isnt going to care what the Chiefs get for him TBH
    Yep if he wants traded, He wants to go to a team that can win the superbowl now.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yep if he wants traded, He wants to go to a team that can win the superbowl now.
    You're both right and I hope that he does it. I can't think of any other pro that deserves to be on a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well, like I said before. He and Chiefs will be hard pressed to find a continder to want him since if they are contending? Then either they already have their TE or dont really use 1 in their offense. I hope he gets to ATLEAST win a playoff game if not get a ring. I still dont like the move! Move a leader and not a problem/possible cancer?

Well, like I said before. He and Chiefs will be hard pressed to find a continder to want him since if they are contending? Then either they already have their TE or dont really use 1 in their offense. I hope he gets to ATLEAST win a playoff game if not get a ring. I still dont like the move! Move a leader and not a problem/possible cancer?
    Oh this is definitely bad for the Chiefs as an organization. Not only in the short term but thinking ahead, our rookies will never have a mentor like Gonzalez. After all who is left? I believe that is also part of Croyle's problem, other then being completely fragile he has no one to teach him how to play. A coach can only do so much every rookie needs a mentor.

Oh this is definitely bad for the Chiefs as an organization. Not only in the short term but thinking ahead, our rookies will never have a mentor like Gonzalez. After all who is left? I believe that is also part of Croyle's problem, other then being completely fragile he has no one to teach him how to play. A coach can only do so much every rookie needs a mentor.
    Yes, ill take it 1 step further. We lost a great asset when we let Green go. If you watched him on sidelines when he was injured he did nothing but talk with Huard and Croyle. We are about to lose our best asset we have. TG understands the QB position about as much as any QB. If this all goes down? This will be a dark day for a LONG time in Chiefs history.