Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Won't it be interesting to see if Roy Williams causes TO to complain even more now about not getting the ball thrown to him enough, heh!
    If??????????? Count on it!!!! Just another mishap for Al Davis errrrrrrrr Jerry Jones. Same guy right?

I have my problems with LJ, but this certainly smells of a lottery winner to me. This woman, if she gets her conviction stands to sue the man for millions of dollars. At this point the way I hear the story being presented, I would have doubts that the push ever really took place at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have my problems with LJ, but this certainly smells of a lottery winner to me. This woman, if she gets her conviction stands to sue the man for millions of dollars. At this point the way I hear the story being presented, I would have doubts that the push ever really took place at all.
    I agree. I mean this 'altercation' took place months ago. Why is she just now coming forward?? CASH probably has a little to do with it...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    If??????????? Count on it!!!! Just another mishap for Al Davis errrrrrrrr Jerry Jones. Same guy right?
    Listen, I hate the Cowboys, but in all due respect to Jones, he's won 3 Superbowls since he took over the Cowboys in 1989. His team has also won 7 NFC East Championships in that time.

Al Davis? Yeah, his last claim to fame was Superbowl 37 in the 2002 season. But I have to give credit where credit's due, and the Raiders at least appeared in a Superbowl in modern times. We have not been so fortunate.
    Last edited by greg3564; 10-14-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

It still amazes me that Al Davis got his team to the superbowl 6 years ago; and Carl Peterson has taken the Chiefs to the superbowl, ah, zero? times since he took over in 89. I wish he would just leave.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I agree. I mean this 'altercation' took place months ago. Why is she just now coming forward?? CASH probably has a little to do with it...
    She came forward 11 hours after it happened in Feb. For whatever reason the District Attorney's office is filing charges now. Not uncommon for months to pass before the DA files the charges in court.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Listen, I hate the Cowboys, but in all due respect to Jones, he's won 3 Superbowls since he took over the Cowboys in 1989. His team has also won 7 NFC East Championships in that time.

Al Davis? Yeah, his last claim to fame was Superbowl 37 in the 2002 season. But I have to give credit where credit's due, and the Raiders at least appeared in a Superbowl in modern times. We have been so fortunate.
    Not sure what any of this means but my point was Jones will spend money on ANY player regardless of history with the law, other teams or teammates and has no quams about it. It just bit him in the A$$!!!!! Sure they get two late picks NEXT year but they also paid a guy who was their best cover corner and now they have to depend on a rookie to help an already troubled secondary!

She came forward 11 hours after it happened in Feb. For whatever reason the District Attorney's office is filing charges now. Not uncommon for months to pass before the DA files the charges in court.
    This is why the #2 post in this thread says "What a joke"!!!!!!

even 11 hours later would it not of been smart of her to file the complaint immediatly so she had more witnesses or maybe she was thinking lj was still going to give her a little seams fishy to me might not have been fishy that night but it is now maybe thats why

I stand corrected.
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast