Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default larry johnson in trouble


    0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

    ESPN.com news services






    Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET



    Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

    Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Up until recently OJ had no convictions either. hmmm...



    Still does not mean he is innocent.
    And your point???? The post was in regards to A TON and I mean A TON of athletes pay off people who bring cases against them. Some valid, most not in my opinion. Guilty? Maybe, maybe not but he is in the MAJORITY of athletes and celebs paying people off so he is no different than any of them.

    Great attitude, no. Roll model, no. However, the last time I checked, teams don't pay athletes to be roll models for my kids. That's my job. They pay them to help that team win games because in pro sports, it's all about the all mighty dollar! Owners and athletes alike are only worried about the money and winning makes money! People need to quit worrying about their kids taking after a pro athlete and worry about the job they are doing at home!
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Up until recently OJ had no convictions either. hmmm...


    And your point???? The post was in regards to A TON and I mean A TON of athletes pay off people who bring cases against them. Some valid, most not in my opinion. Guilty? Maybe, maybe not but he is in the MAJORITY of athletes and celebs paying people off so he is no different than any of them.

    Great attitude, no. Roll model, no. However, the last time I checked, teams don't pay athletes to be roll models for my kids. That's my job. They pay them to help that team win games because in pro sports, it's all about the all mighty dollar! Owners and athletes alike are only worried about the money and winning makes money! People need to quit worrying about their kids taking after a pro athlete and worry about the job they are doing at home!
    So then it is OK for LJ to behave this way cause everyone else is doing it? Is that you argument?

    And I am not sure if the role model thing was directed towards me but my kids could not care less about LJ, nevermind what he does off the field. I wouldn't worry too much about anyones kids wanting to be like LJ.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    LJ should have made sure she would never talk. This is what happens when you leave loose ends. But that's what makes LJ a good guy and me a cold-blooded mercenary.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

    So then it is OK for LJ to behave this way cause everyone else is doing it? Is that you argument?

    And I am not sure if the role model thing was directed towards me but my kids could not care less about LJ, nevermind what he does off the field. I wouldn't worry too much about anyones kids wanting to be like LJ.
    No, doesn't make it right but why blast one guy and not the rest of the guys that are in or have been in the same situation? It happens all the time!

    The kids thing wasn't directed toward you per say, it was directed at those in this and other threads who have whined about LJ being a roll model or a good citizen and all that crap!
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    No, doesn't make it right but why blast one guy and not the rest of the guys that are in or have been in the same situation? It happens all the time!

    The kids thing wasn't directed toward you per say, it was directed at those in this and other threads who have whined about LJ being a roll model or a good citizen and all that crap!

    Because the thread is Titled: Larry Johnson in Trouble. Not Larry Johnson and a bunch of other guys are in trouble.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #56
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post


    Because the thread is Titled: Larry Johnson in Trouble. Not Larry Johnson and a bunch of other guys are in trouble.
    I guess I will have to start a thread about each individual who has encountered the same problems to get my point across then.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:34 AM.

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I guess I will have to start a thread about each individual who has encountered the same problems to get my point across then.
    I get your point. LJ does it but so does everyone else so lets talk about them and not LJ. I do not care if everyone else is doing it, LJ is still being an a$$.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #58
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    That chick's full of it.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement!!!! Teams improve their o lines every single year!!!! Trust me I know, I live in Az and watched the Cardinals do it this year!! They were terrible last year and now have a middle of the league O line. If LJ had a mediocre line and an OC that would give him the ball more than 7 times a game, he would have great numbers!!!! So, my point is that it doesn't have to take two or three years to fiz an O line!!!


    There was a error typed into the post because I never mentioned the above quote.
    SLC Chief mentioned the above statement.I don't agree with whats listed above either.It doesn't take 2 or 3 years to fix a o-line but it seems like we are a year away finished with the o-line problems.B-dub,Albert and Niswanger.Now Niswanger has a great shot at being one of the better elite centers in this league.Herb Taylor can hold it down on the right.We need 1 more key guy for Larry.Forget Jones and McInstosh.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:34 AM.

  11. #60
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Up until recently OJ had no convictions either. hmmm...


    Still does not mean he is innocent.
    OJ was guilty as sin for killing his wife and her lover; unfortunately he had a charisamatic personality and lovely career that made the jury let him off.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •