Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post

There was a error typed into the post because I never mentioned the above quote.
    SLC Chief mentioned the above statement.I don't agree with whats listed above either.It doesn't take 2 or 3 years to fix a o-line but it seems like we are a year away finished with the o-line problems.B-dub,Albert and Niswanger.Now Niswanger has a great shot at being one of the better elite centers in this league.Herb Taylor can hold it down on the right.We need 1 more key guy for Larry.Forget Jones and McInstosh.
    Move Taylor to the right and Mac into guard. Jones is a waste of space.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Hell yeah Jones is a waste of space.McIntosh wouldn't be the appropiate right guard for us but he should just only for the remainder of the season because Jones sucks that badly.I knew I was right before the season started when I mentioned that on a certain post that Jones suck.Herb has the tools to be a very successful offensive lineman for us.Teammates were mentioining that he studies opponents extremely hard every day and does exclusive research on key techniques on a nonstop every day and every hour basis.The part that definitely caught me was when they mentioned that he reminds them of Will Shields.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

sometimes i wonder if hermmie and his flunkies are watching the same game as the rest of the world. can he not see taylor would fit at the RT better than macinsack. plus he`s young.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    sometimes i wonder if hermmie and his flunkies are watching the same game as the rest of the world. can he not see taylor would fit at the RT better than macinsack. plus he`s young.
    Herm's greatest fault as a coach is his unwillingness to make the personnel decisions that gives your team the best chance to win. This situation parallels the Huard/Green debacle that was our last playoff game. He is loyal to players to a fault. If the guy isn't getting it done, you have to try something else. You play to win the game, Herm.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Up until recently OJ had no convictions either. hmmm...

And your point???? The post was in regards to A TON and I mean A TON of athletes pay off people who bring cases against them. Some valid, most not in my opinion. Guilty? Maybe, maybe not but he is in the MAJORITY of athletes and celebs paying people off so he is no different than any of them.

Great attitude, no. Roll model, no. However, the last time I checked, teams don't pay athletes to be roll models for my kids. That's my job. They pay them to help that team win games because in pro sports, it's all about the all mighty dollar! Owners and athletes alike are only worried about the money and winning makes money! People need to quit worrying about their kids taking after a pro athlete and worry about the job they are doing at home!
    You mean you are a role model for your kids, Drunker Hillbilly?
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You mean you are a role model for your kids, Drunker Hillbilly?
    I absolutely am! Are you questioning this? If your referring to the name, my kids don't care about this site and do not look at it for that matter. It's just a name. And yourself? Roll model to anyone but yourself?
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:32 AM.

I absolutely am! Are you questioning this? If your referring to the name, my kids don't care about this site and do not look at it for that matter. It's just a name. And yourself? Roll model to anyone but yourself?
    Probably not! And yep I was referring to your name. I was just ribbin' ya. Thanks for the insult just the same...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Probably not! And yep I was referring to your name. I was just ribbin' ya. Thanks for the insult just the same...
    No insult but when you ask a question like that you have to expect something.....

No, doesn't make it right but why blast one guy and not the rest of the guys that are in or have been in the same situation? It happens all the time!

The kids thing wasn't directed toward you per say, it was directed at those in this and other threads who have whined about LJ being a roll model or a good citizen and all that crap!
    Sorry, LJ is a Chief, and as such he is the one that is reflecting poorly against OUR team. Yeah Jones is an A$$, but he is not a Chief so why would I care about his stupid antics.

Johnson, by mere fact that he is playing on the best team in the league, deserves our ridicule and will get it no matter what the other players in the league are doing.

Like my mother said, if your fellow Professional Football Players all jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Sorry, LJ is a Chief, and as such he is the one that is reflecting poorly against OUR team. Yeah Jones is an A$$, but he is not a Chief so why would I care about his stupid antics.

Johnson, by mere fact that he is playing on the best team in the league, deserves our ridicule and will get it no matter what the other players in the league are doing.

Like my mother said, if your fellow Professional Football Players all jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?
    I think the organization is reflecting poorly on the organization right now! They made their bed and are now sleeping in it!!! The front office deserves everything they are getting. The fans don't and some of the players don't but you and everyone else alike would be pissed to play on this team right now if we were professional football players.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-18-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast