Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

What a joke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    What a joke!!!
    A 45 million dollar joke! Unfortunately, the jokes on us...
    SHUT IT

Gee, his on the field tantrums happen off the field too. What a surprise! I've said it here before, LJ won't be playing here next season. Mark my words.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Gee, his on the field tantrums happen off the field too. What a surprise! I've said it here before, LJ won't be playing here next season. Mark my words.
    We can only hope...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We can only hope...
    KC Star is reporting that the Chiefs offered LJ up on the trading block, but no team was interested. If he doesn't get traded today, the Chiefs will continue to feature him and let potential teams know he can be a good RB with no lingering injury from last season. I think there will be takers in the off season and the Chiefs will lower the trade requirements just to get rid of him.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Would be one of the biggest mistakes this organization could make! Just fix the damn line and then ALL your problems with LJ are fixed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A 45 million dollar joke! Unfortunately, the jokes on us...
    Your right, we should let Jamaal Charles carry it 30 times a game!

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post

We can't let L.J. go.King Carl payed him so much money anyways.LJ is still one of the top 3 runingbacks in this league.Letting talent like that get away from us is not called for.I simply can't imagine seeing Jamaal Charles as our starting runningback next season.Larry just freeking hopes that he gets better support during the offseason from the offensive line.Actually better support from the offensive line as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    We can't let L.J. go.King Carl payed him so much money anyways.LJ is still one of the top 3 runingbacks in this league.Letting talent like that get away from us is not called for.I simply can't imagine seeing Jamaal Charles as our starting runningback next season.Larry just freeking hopes that he gets better support during the offseason from the offensive line.Actually better support from the offensive line as of now.
    the running back position is the easiest in the league two replace why not i do think he is a good running back when he wants to be but he is not happy right now and look who his gm and coach are

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast