Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Would be one of the biggest mistakes this organization could make! Just fix the damn line and then ALL your problems with LJ are fixed!!!!!!
    Hard to fix a poopy attitude...
    SHUT IT

[quote=Bike;101554]Hard to fix a poopy attitude...[/quote

It's easy to fix when the o-line is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the running back position is the easiest in the league two replace why not i do think he is a good running back when he wants to be but he is not happy right now and look who his gm and coach are
    Fixing it by replacing him for Jamaal Charles is not easy to replace.What kind of reply is this?

Is it really necessary to start rehashing this LJ crap again? We're stuck with this clown, so we'll have do deal with his spew until some other unfortunate team can enjoy the luxury of his presence...
    SHUT IT

I would hate to see LJ go also. But I agree it seems likely they'll deal him away after this season. It's just that not only is he a good rb, but he (like TG) is one of the few staples on our team anymore. We're already the youngest team in the NFL and if we lose these 2 we'll really be in the rebuilding stages! Hard to see how literally everyone being a newbie can morph into a championship team. Be nice to have a few veteran mentors there.

[quote=Grbac;101559]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hard to fix a poopy attitude...[/quote

It's easy to fix when the o-line is fixed.

Fixing it by replacing him for Jamaal Charles is not easy to replace.What kind of reply is this?
    think of it this way it might be easier for you. by the time the o-line is done getting built from the ground up middle of 2009 if we are lucky. you have 2 1/2 years of your highest paid player not producing if he does not this year wich i hope he does. come the end of 2009 and start of the 2010 the line shapes up than larry could be effective but not in his prime i think jamaal needs to be more involved to get him ready for the day that larry is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    We can't let L.J. go.King Carl payed him so much money anyways.LJ is still one of the top 3 runingbacks in this league.Letting talent like that get away from us is not called for.I simply can't imagine seeing Jamaal Charles as our starting runningback next season.Larry just freeking hopes that he gets better support during the offseason from the offensive line.Actually better support from the offensive line as of now.
    Charles is going to be a good RB. He just needs more playing time to get adjusted. I've watched him enough at Texas to know he has talent and he's wicked fast. By the time this offensive line and this team are contenders, LJ will be in his early 30's and most likely past his prime. RB's don't last very long in the NFL.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    It's just that not only is he a good rb, but he (like TG) is one of the few staples on our team anymore.
    Do you really want LJ as the "staple" of the Chiefs? Vermeil was right and LJ is a big baby. He's a consummate whiner and complainer. He's had criminal problems off the field and likes to throw his helmet around on the field. The guy is completely classless.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Do you really want LJ as the "staple" of the Chiefs? Vermeil was right and LJ is a big baby. He's a consummate whiner and complainer. He's had criminal problems off the field and likes to throw his helmet around on the field. The guy is completely classless.
    Couldn't had said it better.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I understand that point. Just at the same time there's pain in seeing veteran stars go or be going soon. Especially after losing Jared Allen, combined with the dark days we're going through now of losing 13 of our last 14.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I understand that point. Just at the same time there's pain in seeing veteran stars go or be going soon. Especially after losing Jared Allen, combined with the dark days we're going through now of losing 13 of our last 14.
    I understand. Losing leaders like Jared Allen, Willie Roaf, Trent Green or Tony Gonzales is hard. But LJ is anything but a leader and I would be happy to see him move on. If Cedric Benson(similar problems and attitude) can continue to play, LJ should have no problems finding a team to take him in the off season. But his anger and mouth will severly limit what teams will take him. The Chiefs may end up just cutting him loose and taking the cap hit. I'd be okay with that too.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast