Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Default Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

Man I hope this guy's wrong. How can Hunt expects us fans to endure more of this next season?

From Profootballweekly.com-

Despite 1-4 start, jobs of Chiefs GM Peterson, coach Edwards look safe

By Michael Blunda Oct. 9, 2008

With the Chiefs off to a 1-4 start and no indications of improvement in sight, fans and media alike are calling for heads to roll. Whether it be someone in the front office, coaching staff or both, the people of Kansas City are awaiting a public execution. The way we hear it, however, the drastic changes they’re looking for don’t appear to be on the horizon.

Chiefs president/GM/CEO Carl Peterson, the man responsible for the current makeup of the roster, would seem to be the obvious fall guy for the team’s struggles. After all, he is the one who decided that this course of action was in the best interest of the organization. But we hear Peterson made some commitments to late owner Lamar Hunt that he intends to fulfill.

Two of the major ones — guiding the franchise through its transition period and overseeing the renovations to Arrowhead Stadium — should be complete by the end of the 2009 season, which just happens to be when Peterson’s contract is up. He has expressed privately that at that point, he fully plans to retire, and if present Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is anything like his father, he will allow Peterson to do just that.

We understand that Lamar Hunt was extremely patient — sometimes to a fault — which is one of the main reasons why Peterson has remained in power for 20 seasons despite the fact that K.C. hasn’t won a playoff game since 1993. And unless Clark Hunt has a dramatically different philosophy, Peterson is not expected to be fired before his contract expires.

The same goes for head coach Herm Edwards, whom Peterson trusts to help rebuild the club. If Peterson is only planning to stick around for another season, it’s very unlikely that he would axe Edwards, a close friend of his, before he leaves town.

When Kansas City does finally decide to make changes in its front office, though, we hear that a serious overhaul can be expected. The team will not have one person handle the responsibilities of GM, CEO and president, as Peterson is doing. Instead, Hunt is likely to hire different individuals for these positions, so as not to have one man ruling over all facets of the organization. That is just one of many alterations Chiefs fans will see — beginning in 2010.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

This isn't what I want either... but I told everyone so

No surprise there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I respect and admire loyalty, but there comes a point where it is stupidity.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

As expected, all the Hunts care about is money. Why does he need Peterson to oversee renovations, again? Last time I checked, this is about football, now about having the prettiest stadium in the NFL! What a joke.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    This isn't what I want either... but I told everyone so
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    No surprise there.
    yep.

This is actually the first I have heard of any of this. I am fricken THRILLED to see there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!! A complete overhaul????????? Sounds like a plan to me!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    As expected, all the Hunts care about is money. Why does he need Peterson to oversee renovations, again? Last time I checked, this is about football, now about having the prettiest stadium in the NFL! What a joke.
    I'm sorry, but I am getting real tired of this commment. If all they cared about was money they would put a good team on the field. Become the Pats and get all kinds of bandwagon fans. I truly do not believe that they are fielding a 2-14 team with the intention of it being profitable.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I'm sorry, but I am getting real tired of this commment. If all they cared about was money they would put a good team on the field. Become the Pats and get all kinds of bandwagon fans. I truly do not believe that they are fielding a 2-14 team with the intention of it being profitable.
    Then why do I keep hearing all of this about renovations? The Hunts want the stadium to look pretty so that it can attract more people to the stadium, even to the point where they keep CP around until it's finished! Not like winning games could possibly help with that......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Then why do I keep hearing all of this about renovations? The Hunts want the stadium to look pretty so that it can attract more people to the stadium, even to the point where they keep CP around until it's finished! Not like winning games could possibly help with that......
    Because the renovations will not be done until 2010 season, the end of cp's contract is at the end of 2009 season, the Hunts will wait until then, sadly, in my opinion.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast