Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll start....

    ALL OF THEM!!!! Your turn Canada.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Priest showed up to work every day of his contract negotiations.

    Of course they all want to get paid. That's not the real question. he question is "How many players break the agreement that they signed to try and get it?"

    And he answer is "plenty". But that displays what many feel is poor character.
    I understand and agree partially with what your saying but if your going to go this route, you need to include coaches and owners as well because MOST all of them want to renegotiate MOST deals before they have ran their course. Does this still question their character? If so, LJ should NOT be thrown under the bus for this! Attitude, maybe. Wanting to get paid, definitley not!

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I understand and agree partially with what your saying but if your going to go this route, you need to include coaches and owners as well because MOST all of them want to renegotiate MOST deals before they have ran their course. Does this still question their character? If so, LJ should NOT be thrown under the bus for this! Attitude, maybe. Wanting to get paid, definitley not!
    You are the one who brought up the thread about getting paid. I know people want to renegotiate, but that is no reason to not show up at work. That is where the question of character is.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You are the one who brought up the thread about getting paid. I know people want to renegotiate, but that is no reason to not show up at work. That is where the question of character is.
    Once again, I think your missing my point. YOU and some others have been bashing LJ for this very thing you speak of correct? My statement about your bias is again shown here. You are the almighty optimist yet you continue to bash a player on the team and you so often get on others for doing the same. Coaches, owners and players alike all act like this! I think Brady Quinn was a ROOKIE and held out. Not a word about him from you. Now I understand you couldn't care less about the Browns but fair is fair. I never hear you bashing any other players, coaches or owners for doing the same exact thing and many times are far more vocal! Like I said, you want to bash his attitude great but to beat him up all day and say nothing of any other player in the league is just hypocritical. Also, I believe you were the one who so emphatically posted that LJ only wanted to get "PAID"!

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Once again, I think your missing my point. YOU and some others have been bashing LJ for this very thing you speak of correct? My statement about your bias is again shown here. You are the almighty optimist yet you continue to bash a player on the team and you so often get on others for doing the same. Coaches, owners and players alike all act like this! I think Brady Quinn was a ROOKIE and held out. Not a word about him from you. Now I understand you couldn't care less about the Browns but fair is fair. I never hear you bashing any other players, coaches or owners for doing the same exact thing and many times are far more vocal! Like I said, you want to bash his attitude great but to beat him up all day and say nothing of any other player in the league is just hypocritical. Also, I believe you were the one who so emphatically posted that LJ only wanted to get "PAID"!
    You claim to read posts. If you did you would see that I respect the talent that LJ has as a RB. Unfortunately I do not think he brings it all to the table. He is an average receiver, a poor blocker. He throws his helmet on the field when things don't go his way. He has whined and complained since day 1. (Yes, when he was behind Priest Holmes) Do you honestly think that LJ had a team attitude? That is the only thing that I have ever gotten on LJ for. Yes, I think it sucks that Brady Quinn held out as well as Bowe, LJ and any other player that holds out. It was actually quite refreshing to hear Dorsey say that he did not care about the difference between 50 and 60 million, he just wanted to get out to camp and play. I guess that kind of attitude from a player is too much to ask in todays NFL. I have shown no bias whatsoever. Anything that I have posted about LJ is in a thread regarding LJ. That is what it is there for, to discuss LJ. Not Brady Quinn. So as much as I am the "almighty optimist" (<--is that supposed to be an insult? cause I don't think that is at all what we were talking about) I have not ever "bashed" LJ. Everything I have ever said about him is true. Find me a post where I am bashing him and not talking the truth.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Like I said, you want to bash his attitude great but to beat him up all day and say nothing of any other player in the league is just hypocritical.
    Really...Ihave said nothing about Chad Johnson, TO, Pac Man Jones or any of the other idiots in the NFL. I guess you only read certain threads??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You claim to read posts. If you did you would see that I respect the talent that LJ has as a RB. Unfortunately I do not think he brings it all to the table. He is an average receiver, a poor blocker. He throws his helmet on the field when things don't go his way. He has whined and complained since day 1. (Yes, when he was behind Priest Holmes) Do you honestly think that LJ had a team attitude? That is the only thing that I have ever gotten on LJ for. Yes, I think it sucks that Brady Quinn held out as well as Bowe, LJ and any other player that holds out. It was actually quite refreshing to hear Dorsey say that he did not care about the difference between 50 and 60 million, he just wanted to get out to camp and play. I guess that kind of attitude from a player is too much to ask in todays NFL. I have shown no bias whatsoever. Anything that I have posted about LJ is in a thread regarding LJ. That is what it is there for, to discuss LJ. Not Brady Quinn. So as much as I am the "almighty optimist" (<--is that supposed to be an insult? cause I don't think that is at all what we were talking about) I have not ever "bashed" LJ. Everything I have ever said about him is true. Find me a post where I am bashing him and not talking the truth.
    Really? I mean Really? You have been on his a$$ since he held out! You were on his a$$ about holding out because you thought he was all about the money, right? For the umpteenth time, this discussion is ONLY about you *****ing about him only wanting the money! I believe you said at one point that Priest played for the love of the game right? Well, there is a quote out there some where stating that Priest said he was happy he was going to get paid! For you to even insinuate that you haven't been all over his a$$ because he's all about him and it's all about the money is just stupid!!!!! Yes, you have said everything about his bad attitude and it all is true but come on dude, be serious!!!! I think it's funny to read that you respect his talent yet you want them to trade him. Top 3 back in the league and you want them to trade him because of his attitude eh? Fix the f ing line and there is no attitude. Give him the ball more than 7 times agame and there is no attitude. All of this said, even with the lack of production from the oline and the lack of carries he is getting, he is still the leading rusher in the AFC I believe. Yea, trade his a$$!!! Let Smith and the 1 down rookie carry the load for the entire season. Thats the ticket!

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Really...Ihave said nothing about Chad Johnson, TO, Pac Man Jones or any of the other idiots in the NFL. I guess you only read certain threads??
    Yea, you mentioned their names. Big deal. You've gone into immense detail about LJ.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Yea, you mentioned their names. Big deal. You've gone into immense detail about LJ.
    Cause he plays for the Chiefs...and this ic a Chiefs site...Coincindence?? hmm.... Were you not the one who aid I don't complain about others...those are the others. do you forget stuff you posted?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Really? I mean Really? You have been on his a$$ since he held out! You were on his a$$ about holding out because you thought he was all about the money, right? For the umpteenth time, this discussion is ONLY about you *****ing about him only wanting the money!

    You started a thread about who wants to get paid and then led it right back to the thread about LJ. This thread is about people who want to get paid. Started by YOU! and directed right at me. Why would I not talk about him wanting to get paid.
    I believe you said at one point that Priest played for the love of the game right? Well, there is a quote out there some where stating that Priest said he was happy he was going to get paid! For you to even insinuate that you haven't been all over his a$$ because he's all about him and it's all about the money is just stupid!!!!! Yes, you have said everything about his bad attitude and it all is true but come on dude, be serious!!!! I think it's funny to read that you respect his talent yet you want them to trade him.

    While he is still worth trading. I don't want to hear the same sh!t that I am hearing about Tony right now. Or do you just need another reason to complain about CP down the road too?
    Top 3 back in the league and you want them to trade him because of his attitude eh? Fix the f ing line and there is no attitude. Give him the ball more than 7 times agame and there is no attitude. Give a whiner what they want no matter what and they will stop whining.
    All of this said, even with the lack of production from the oline and the lack of carries he is getting, he is still the leading rusher in the AFC I believe. I wonder if that has anything to do with a big game against the donx. Yea, trade his a$$!!! Let Smith and the 1 down rookie carry the load for the entire season. And play with the rest of the rookies. Thats the ticket!
    I can't wait until we make a superbowl run with a 32 year old RB!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,142
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I understand and agree partially with what your saying but if your going to go this route, you need to include coaches and owners as well because MOST all of them want to renegotiate MOST deals before they have ran their course. Does this still question their character? If so, LJ should NOT be thrown under the bus for this! Attitude, maybe. Wanting to get paid, definitley not!
    Those who show up to work win some respect, and those who refuse lose some respect. Along with all of the other little things that have caused me to lose respect for him, he just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post

    I think it's funny to read that you respect his talent yet you want them to trade him. Top 3 back in the league and you want them to trade him because of his attitude eh?

    Primarily because he has no value here, and does have some value with other teams. At least on my end of wanting him traded.

    Fix the f ing line and there is no attitude.

    Not true. He has never been attitude-free. He hid it at times. But it has always been there prominently.

    Give him the ball more than 7 times agame and there is no attitude. All of this said, even with the lack of production from the oline

    How is it that when LJ racks up the stats, LJ is a stud, but when he can't do a thing, the o-line can't produce? This is one of things that bothers me about you opinion of LJ.

    I blame the o-line for him not producing, and I credit the o-line for him producing well.

    You are completely inconsistent when it comes to the topic of LJ.

    and the lack of carries he is getting, he is still the leading rusher in the AFC I believe. Yea, trade his a$$!!! Let Smith and the 1 down rookie carry the load for the entire season. Thats the ticket!
    The lack of carries is a direct result of his lack of production in that game.

    If you don't get me more than two yards with those seven carries, then we won't even be able to give you more carries.

    We get no first downs, that means less carries for LJ. We score no points, and fall behind on the scoreboard, which also means less carries for LJ.

    If he can't be prepared for the first 10-15 carries of a game, then he has no business being an NFL HB.

    Over the course of his time with The Chiefs, LJ has done countless little things to rub fans the wrong way. He has made enemies of some.

    One of the biggest things that he did to lose my respect is when he di get to run behind Roaf, Shields and Richardson, he loved to give-up on outside running plays.

    It drove me crazy to see a guy with all of the advantages that tha o-line gave him, throw his arms to his sides, roll his head to the sky, and pout his way out of bounds with any outside running play that was called.

    He has always had a bad attitude, and it is not a very likable trait.

    How is it that you don't understand how people might dislike him some?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •