Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default How many players can you name that have wanted to get PAID?


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll start....

    ALL OF THEM!!!! Your turn Canada.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Those who show up to work win some respect, and those who refuse lose some respect. Along with all of the other little things that have caused me to lose respect for him, he just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me.



    The lack of carries is a direct result of his lack of production in that game.

    If you don't get me more than two yards with those seven carries, then we won't even be able to give you more carries.

    We get no first downs, that means less carries for LJ. We score no points, and fall behind on the scoreboard, which also means less carries for LJ.

    If he can't be prepared for the first 10-15 carries of a game, then he has no business being an NFL HB.

    Over the course of his time with The Chiefs, LJ has done countless little things to rub fans the wrong way. He has made enemies of some.

    One of the biggest things that he did to lose my respect is when he di get to run behind Roaf, Shields and Richardson, he loved to give-up on outside running plays.

    It drove me crazy to see a guy with all of the advantages that tha o-line gave him, throw his arms to his sides, roll his head to the sky, and pout his way out of bounds with any outside running play that was called.

    He has always had a bad attitude, and it is not a very likable trait.

    How is it that you don't understand how people might dislike him some?
    Are you F ing crazy????? I was the one who harped on the fact that when the O LINE PLAYED WELL in the Denver game, LJ dominated!!!!! I don't think he ever gave up on outside running plays, I just don't think he is that type of runner. Wasn't in college either. I can totally see your point about his attitude which I have pointed out about 100 times to Canada however, winning cures a lot of things and if you can't win with a top 3 back in the league, your not going to win at all!

    I understand all the blah blah blah about being behind creating less carries but have you ever seen Gore play or LT or R. Brown? Screen passes galore!!!!!!! All starts with the O LINE. Fix it and ALL offensive problems become 75% less than what they are now. Including the running game!

    I am VERY consistant when it comes to this guy. Attitude yes. Top 3 back in the NFL,yes which makes him a great player. You make your team better by doing what helps the best players on the team do their job. He is bar far the best RB and second best player on the team! You guys are complaining about a guy who has a little attitude problem because he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants. God forbid we have Ray Lewis that is one if not the best defender in the league on the team. I bet I wouldn't hear anything about his murdering a$$ off the field, just how good he is!!!

    Here's one for ya, name your favorite player and I bet there is something out there that he did to a fan or in public that was viewed badly by some that will always consider him a bad person. It happens to everyone that is in the public light at some point.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Are you F ing crazy????? I was the one who harped on the fact that when the O LINE PLAYED WELL in the Denver game, LJ dominated!!!!!

    Exactly. "LJ dominated." "LJ had an amazing season in '05"

    Either it's LJ dominated then, and now he sucks a**, or LJ was made to look good by the o-line in '05, and now the o-line sucks a**.

    When the o-line does well, I hear "LJ, LJ, LJ!" But when the o-line plays poorly, I hear "o-line, o-line, o-line!"


    I don't think he ever gave up on outside running plays, I just don't think he is that type of runner.

    It sounds like you meant to say that you don't doubt that he gave up up on outside running plays?

    But an NFL HB needs to put fourth the effort on every play. At least every play that they give him the opportunity to run it.

    That offensive line was designed for sweeps and screens to be effective, and LJ refused to co-operate with the gameplan.

    Wasn't in college either. I can totally see your point about his attitude which I have pointed out about 100 times to Canada however, winning cures a lot of things and if you can't win with a top 3 back in the league, your not going to win at all!

    I'm not buying the whole "Top-Three Back In The League" thing anyway. I contest that there are a dozen HBs that could have done everything that he has, and more, given matching circumstances.


    I understand all the blah blah blah about being behind creating less carries but have you ever seen Gore play or LT or R. Brown? Screen passes galore!!!!!!!

    But LJ is not that kind of HB. He only does what he wants to do. Nothing to the outside. Remember?

    All starts with the O LINE. Fix it and ALL offensive problems become 75% less than what they are now. Including the running game!

    I am VERY consistant when it comes to this guy. Attitude yes. Top 3 back in the NFL,yes which makes him a great player. You make your team better by doing what helps the best players on the team do their job. He is bar far the best RB and second best player on the team! You guys are complaining about a guy who has a little attitude problem because he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants. God forbid we have Ray Lewis that is one if not the best defender in the league on the team. I bet I wouldn't hear anything about his murdering a$$ off the field, just how good he is!!!

    Here's one for ya, name your favorite player and I bet there is something out there that he did to a fan or in public that was viewed badly by some that will always consider him a bad person. It happens to everyone that is in the public light at some point.
    You're wrong. Not everybody is an a** like that.

    And I will name Priest Holmes. Ricky Williams? Brian Waters? Will Shields? Tony Boselli? Damon Huard? Doug Flutie?

    Just because some people don't handle the fame well, doesn't mean that you can just label all people with fame as a**es.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You're wrong. Not everybody is an a** like that.

    And I will name Priest Holmes. Ricky Williams? Brian Waters? Will Shields? Tony Boselli? Damon Huard? Doug Flutie?

    Just because some people don't handle the fame well, doesn't mean that you can just label all people with fame as a**es.
    First of all, I bet you can find some info of an off field issue with all of those guys you just named. Maybe not Shields but the rest, yes.

    Second, in that Denver game, I DID say the O Line played well. All RB's produce based on what their O line does. Yes, even Barry Sanders. Which O Line are you referring to that was designed for sweeps? 05 when he posted unbelievable numbers? So then design another one like that!!! Take advantage of what you have!!!!

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    LJ is better off the toss...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    LJ is better off the toss...
    Not according to some because the toss is normally a play that goes to the outside and some think he gave up on those plays.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    First of all, I bet you can find some info of an off field issue with all of those guys you just named. Maybe not Shields but the rest, yes.

    Second, in that Denver game, I DID say the O Line played well. All RB's produce based on what their O line does. Yes, even Barry Sanders. Which O Line are you referring to that was designed for sweeps? 05 when he posted unbelievable numbers? So then design another one like that!!! Take advantage of what you have!!!!
    I am not the one who said...
    "name your favorite player and I bet there is something out there that he did to a fan or in public that was viewed badly by some that will always consider him a bad person. It happens to everyone that is in the public light at some point."

    You made the challenge. You do the leg-work.

    But where is all of the 'top-three back in the league' nonsense coming from? It seems that he is only good when the o-line is good. What makes him so much better than the rest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Not according to some because the toss is normally a play that goes to the outside and some think he gave up on those plays.
    There is really no thinking to it. I watched him do it alot when we had the offense to do that. Now, he does better off-tackle, because he told the whole league hat he hated running outside, and they decided to clog the middle. they are giving him something outside, because he doesn't want it.

    And he still doesn't do anything outside. He just gets his big gains when he bounces it out there. He is garbage on the toss most of the time. Even with all defenses giving him space out there.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am not the one who said...
    "name your favorite player and I bet there is something out there that he did to a fan or in public that was viewed badly by some that will always consider him a bad person. It happens to everyone that is in the public light at some point."

    You made the challenge. You do the leg-work.

    But where is all of the 'top-three back in the league' nonsense coming from? It seems that he is only good when the o-line is good. What makes him so much better than the rest?



    There is really no thinking to it. I watched him do it alot when we had the offense to do that. Now, he does better off-tackle, because he told the whole league hat he hated running outside, and they decided to clog the middle. they are giving him something outside, because he doesn't want it.

    And he still doesn't do anything outside. He just gets his big gains when he bounces it out there. He is garbage on the toss most of the time. Even with all defenses giving him space out there.
    I absolutely disagree that there are a dozen backs out there that could do what he did when he only played 8 games. Once again, the toss requires O linemen to pull and get out there and block. If you are contesting that there is a back in this leaugue that can run behind this line and have any better numbers that he does right now, I think your mistaken. I think he leads the AFC in yards right now. At least he did before the bye week.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I absolutely disagree that there are a dozen backs out there that could do what he did when he only played 8 games. Once again, the toss requires O linemen to pull and get out there and block. If you are contesting that there is a back in this leaugue that can run behind this line and have any better numbers that he does right now, I think your mistaken. I think he leads the AFC in yards right now. At least he did before the bye week.

    He leads the league in rushing. But that is extremely mis-leading, and you know it. You really should quit using that.

    I am not saying that someone else would be able to do alot better with what we have. But that doesn't make LJ a top-three HB in the league.

    And I would bet that someone could do something.

    Being able to accomplish nothing, where others could accomplish nothing is nothing.

    Barry Sanders worked with some real garbage on his o-line, and never failed to post numbers by the end of a season.

    I have zero doubt that Barry would gain 1500 yards with our current o-line, and would have with last seasons o-line. He was especially good at making something from nothing.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He leads the league in rushing. But that is extremely mis-leading, and you know it. You really should quit using that.

    I am not saying that someone else would be able to do alot better with what we have. But that doesn't make LJ a top-three HB in the league.

    And I would bet that someone could do something.

    Being able to accomplish nothing, where others could accomplish nothing is nothing.

    Barry Sanders worked with some real garbage on his o-line, and never failed to post numbers by the end of a season.

    I have zero doubt that Barry would gain 1500 yards with our current o-line, and would have with last seasons o-line. He was especially good at making something from nothing.
    Just like the ole cliche goes. It is what it is! He leads the conference. If there were anything going on up front, it would increase his lead and help the passing game. The O line is almost a cure all. If it is a well functioning unit, most of the time your offensive unit as a whole is functioning well. You know all this. I still have to disagree with anyone could do it though. There are MUCH better O lines in this conference and nobody has his yds. Why?

  11. #30
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Just like the ole cliche goes. It is what it is! He leads the conference. If there were anything going on up front, it would increase his lead and help the passing game. The O line is almost a cure all. If it is a well functioning unit, most of the time your offensive unit as a whole is functioning well. You know all this. I still have to disagree with anyone could do it though. There are MUCH better O lines in this conference and nobody has his yds. Why?

    Well, because they didn't get to see The Donks on that particular Sunday. And because they aren't on teams that decided to run the ball, when down by double-digits.

    LJ has had one big game, and The Donks certainly deserve alot of credit for that. And then he had another 100+ yard game, but that was because The Chiefs gave-up and decided to get LJ his stats, while the Falcons were all-but playing 'prevent'.

    Most everyone here knows that I am all about the offensive line. (Actually, both lines.) So you will find it difficult to get me to disagree that LJ would do alot better with a better o-line.

    But I feel that most any HB would do well given those circumstances.

    I think that LJ is an excellent runner, at times. But that is about the extent of it. He could be a great receiver out of the backfield, but he has yet to do that. He could be an excellent blocker, but he seemingly refuses to do that. He could even be an excellent teammate, but he hasn't done that either.

    I would favor keeping him if we did have the o-line to support LJ. But we don't, and even through free agency, building an o-line takes more than one off-season, because it generally takes one year for a group to 'gel'.

    After this season, and next, we will have been paying him for three season, as much more than what we will be able to get out of him.

    That would be three seasons of paying for Superman, and getting Jimmy Olsen.

    And that is assuming that we actually go and make a real push to fix our o-line. I seriously doubt that we will. I have never known a team to have such a glaring need for it, and put so little effort into it, as we did this past off-season. So I wouldn't be surprised to see us pass on the issue this off-season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •