Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LJ.

Default LJ.

There are people everywhere (radio, internet, etc.) that have been down in the mouth about LJ saying he sucks, he's only as good as his line, etc.

Surely, LJ has laid some eggs this season. The game against Carolina was the worst stinker of his career.

However, since LJ is leading the AFC in rushing (8th in the NFL), I ask where the credit should lie. LJ? Or improvement up front? Is it a combination of the two?

My point is: You can be down on LJ for his character or whatever. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But to say he sucks or is not a good running back while he leads the AFC in rushing over guys like LT is silly. JMHO
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

More of the same from Herm regarding LJ today:

Q: Any change in RB Larry Johnson’s status?

EDWARDS: “No, he practiced.”

Q: Is he going to play on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “He practiced, he did a good job practicing. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with anybody yet, but he practiced and that was good.”

Q: Are you looking at him any differently than you did three weeks ago?

EDWARDS: “He’s an active player. I don’t have to make that decision until Sunday.”

Q: Will your decision hinge on something that comes from the league?

EDWARDS: “Absolutely not.”

Q: So it’s your decision, not the league’s right now?

EDWARDS: “Yeah. Larry’s practicing. That’s all we need to know. I don’t need to make a decision on what happens with any player until Sunday.”

Q: Are you disappointed in Larry’s off-the-field issues?

EDWARDS: “That’s one of those deals that I have to deal with. That’s not for the public record, that’s just for me. There are some things that I believe in as a person and I have to deal with that. I live my life that way, regardless of the shield or not. I think you have to be a person of integrity. You have to live your life a certain way and if you’re in a leadership position, it’s very important to do that. Whether you’re a football coach or a parent, it doesn’t matter; it’s all the same to me. It all boils down to doing the right things on purpose. Sometimes you have to make some hard choices in life. If you decide to be a leader, if you decided to play in this league, there’s a big target on you. Sometimes players make mistakes and sometimes it’s not always what you read or hear. There’s two sides to a story. So I don’t get into that. I just know that I try to conduct myself in a manner where, when players look at me, what I say is what I do. I just think guys appreciate when you’re like this. You don’t change. I don’t change a whole lot. That’s kind of where I’m at.”

Q: Has he done everything you want around here?

EDWARDS: “He’s worked hard and prepared himself every week to play. That’s where that’s at.”

I don't know what's with the refusal to answer questions about LJ playing on Sunday. Things have been pretty weird at one Arrowhead Drive lately...

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    There are people everywhere (radio, internet, etc.) that have been down in the mouth about LJ saying he sucks, he's only as good as his line, etc.

Surely, LJ has laid some eggs this season. The game against Carolina was the worst stinker of his career.

However, since LJ is leading the AFC in rushing (8th in the NFL), I ask where the credit should lie. LJ? Or improvement up front? Is it a combination of the two?

My point is: You can be down on LJ for his character or whatever. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But to say he sucks or is not a good running back while he leads the AFC in rushing over guys like LT is silly. JMHO
    LT is injured and it he is 1st in rushing in half the league. #8 out of 32 starting RBs is not all that much to brag about.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

More of the same from Herm regarding LJ today:

Q: Any change in RB Larry Johnson’s status?

EDWARDS: “No, he practiced.”

Q: Is he going to play on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “He practiced, he did a good job practicing. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with anybody yet, but he practiced and that was good.”

Q: Are you looking at him any differently than you did three weeks ago?

EDWARDS: “He’s an active player. I don’t have to make that decision until Sunday.”

Q: Will your decision hinge on something that comes from the league?

EDWARDS: “Absolutely not.”

Q: So it’s your decision, not the league’s right now?

EDWARDS: “Yeah. Larry’s practicing. That’s all we need to know. I don’t need to make a decision on what happens with any player until Sunday.”

Q: Are you disappointed in Larry’s off-the-field issues?

EDWARDS: “That’s one of those deals that I have to deal with. That’s not for the public record, that’s just for me. There are some things that I believe in as a person and I have to deal with that. I live my life that way, regardless of the shield or not. I think you have to be a person of integrity. You have to live your life a certain way and if you’re in a leadership position, it’s very important to do that. Whether you’re a football coach or a parent, it doesn’t matter; it’s all the same to me. It all boils down to doing the right things on purpose. Sometimes you have to make some hard choices in life. If you decide to be a leader, if you decided to play in this league, there’s a big target on you. Sometimes players make mistakes and sometimes it’s not always what you read or hear. There’s two sides to a story. So I don’t get into that. I just know that I try to conduct myself in a manner where, when players look at me, what I say is what I do. I just think guys appreciate when you’re like this. You don’t change. I don’t change a whole lot. That’s kind of where I’m at.”

Q: Has he done everything you want around here?

EDWARDS: “He’s worked hard and prepared himself every week to play. That’s where that’s at.”

I don't know what's with the refusal to answer questions about LJ playing on Sunday. Things have been pretty weird at one Arrowhead Drive lately...
    I think Herm had this interview before he announced LJ's 1 week paid vacation..
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think Herm had this interview before he announced LJ's 1 week paid vacation..
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    LT is injured and it he is 1st in rushing in half the league. #8 out of 32 starting RBs is not all that much to brag about.
    Well, it's a hell of a lot better than 32 out of 32.

LJ as is MOST backs only as good as thier lines.. hell i thing savage is a better RB then LJ

Well, it's a hell of a lot better than 32 out of 32.
    true
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123