Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LJ suspension......

Default LJ suspension......

Chiefs suspend RB Johnson for violating unspecified team rule

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Running back Larry Johnson will not play Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, a one-game penalty for violating team rules.
    Kansas City coach Herm Edwards on Thursday refused to specify what rules the two-time Pro Bowler violated. But Edwards did say it had nothing to do with the charge of simple assault filed against Johnson this week.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This wasn't about the suit filed against him. He missed a meeting over the off week. I love that they're suspending his ***!!! With the youngest team in the league, these young players need to know that not even "SUPER STARS" can get away with this B.S.
    It is all about accountabilty. LJ can't be allowed to think he is untouchable and I think it is a good example for the other players. No one player is "special" because it is all about the team. LJ has to follow rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    So penalize him and bench him when were NOT playing the only undefeated team......Dam you Herm!!!!
    What makes you think that LJ would of been able to move an inch against the Titans' defense? Like I said, its all about the team. The chiefs are not about any one player although Tony G.'s record-breaking is shining now.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

The same thing that would move Kolby or Charles an inch.

Its the Titans D!.. We need all we got and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Is that all it was about?..a missed meeting? I heard Kietzman too and thought it was something entirely different. I think that Herm is trying to not lose control of the team and LJ was the person that screwed up first, so he made a example of him.
    I think Herm has already lost this team...
    SHUT IT

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Herm has already lost thisw teaam and should be replaced. LJ should be suspened for however many games the comish sees fit on top of what carl sees fit. His attitude has shown hes not a team player and im sorry we diddnt get a taker on him since were shopping Gonzales, Johnson and Surtain

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Herm has already lost thisw teaam and should be replaced. LJ should be suspened for however many games the comish sees fit on top of what carl sees fit. His attitude has shown hes not a team player and im sorry we diddnt get a taker on him since were shopping Gonzales, Johnson and Surtain
    What is there to be lost. This team doesn't even know what found is. Other than LJ, Huard, Gonzalez and Waters, this team dosen't really know what a true NFL team feels like. Ironic that three of the four main vets on this team are already being phased out.

Not suspended... Inactive for Sunday. That's it.

If he broke rules, he broke rules. The Giants just did the same thing with Plaxico. Guess what, they won that game and dropped the next one when he came back.

LJ wouldn't win or lose this game for us. With LJ in or out against the Titans, we still need the first, second, and third year guys who will be playing to step up and have the best game of their young careers.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I wish I could get 'deactivated' for a week at work.
    LJ still getting paid!! How awesome is Herm??!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What is there to be lost. This team doesn't even know what found is. Other than LJ, Huard, Gonzalez and Waters, this team dosen't really know what a true NFL team feels like. Ironic that three of the four main vets on this team are already being phased out.
    Five. Donnie Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Five. Donnie Edwards.
    I don't really consider him a main Vet, but none the less he is also being phased out.

I guess we could include DJ and Colquit.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think phased out is the wrong phrase to use. LJ is not a team player and Carl screwed up by even drafting him since his personality totatally sucks! Huard was going to be out anyways of his age and is getting more fragile also. He also doesnt have the accuracy and or arm strength he did even a year ago. So I guess you can say Huard is being phased out. Gonzales asked for the trade. Waters will go out like Shields and Roaf did...on his own terms. I think its more of 1 (unless you count Edwards) maybe 2 are being phased out. As far as DJ and Colquitt? If they even got mentioned in leaving then I will lose what little respect for anything goes down at 1 Arrowhead Dr! Aweful funny that after we are going to help build the "new Arrowhead" We get this type of team, coaching and leadership!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast