Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Croyle gone for the year

Default Croyle gone for the year

I didn't hear what the injury was but that's it for Edwards wonder boy. guy's made a glass. that should be career ending. will Edwards/CP move on????
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    CRoyle to D-rainbow still is a likely option to see for years to come.I hope we keep hope and supply him with more offensive line help because he is a talented quarterback.Geesh,he never got a chance to even play a full game with L.J. in it.I wouldn't take a chance of drafting another quarterback.
    Hard to fininsh a game when you can't take a hit. Not calling him a wuss, but the hits that have been laid on him haven't been that brutal. He just has bad luck and has been injury prone since his days of Alabama. He spent half his career injured there as well. It's God's way of saying give up football. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but the kid is done. He had hs shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Hard to fininsh a game when you can't take a hit. Not calling him a wuss, but the hits that have been laid on him haven't been that brutal. He just has bad luck and has been injury prone since his days of Alabama. He spent half his career injured there as well. It's God's way of saying give up football. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but the kid is done. He had hs shot.

You don't know for sure if he is done as a Chief.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You must be joking. How do you make plays down the field, with no protection? Our Qbs have three choices.

1.) Play 'Hot Potato' with the football.

This means get the ball, then get rid of right now, no matter where it goes.

2.) Make a couple of reads, and get labeled injury-prone.

This is primarily what we have been seeing. QBs trying to do what a QB does, but without the protection that is required to do the job.

3.) Fake an injury, so you don't have to go out there.

This is the wise option. Some have guessed that Damon Huard has done this. I hope he is smart enough to do that.

Funny, the way, after the news comes out that Croyle is done for the season, leaving the job to Huard, now Huard is out too?

I bet he heard that he was going to be the new tackling dummy for Herm, and had his wife run over his hand.

If you remember correctly, I was also very big on defending Huard. And the reason I cited was because that o-line was no place to put your "QBOTF".
    Big Ben has been getting sacked 3.5 times per game and still makes plays downfield.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Do you know what injury prone means? It means a guy who is prone to being injured. We have three QBS and for some reason one of them has been called injury prone. Do you think it might have to do with the fact that he has been injured since high school? I mean somehow Hurad and Thigpen have played behind the same O line without nearly as many injuries. But I guess we can keep blaming it on the protection.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Croyle's been injury prone his entire career. The KC Star demonstrated this to us. A QB taking a hit always sucks, but Huard, at his ripe age, didn't get injured with every hit. Nor has Thigpen. The offensive line's play has been unacceptable, but even if they were good, there's no point in having a guy that gets hurt every time he gets hit on the roster.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im not trying to defend Croyle since I didnt even like it when the Chiefs picked him. Although, after taking as many hits as he did, I cant blame him for being hurt again. That being said, if we keep him he should be nothing more than a backup. Huard will be gone after this year to either retirement or just let go. We are putting all eggs in 1 basket with Croyle, Thigpen and the new guy. I really think that after we see how Croyles injury heals Herm will name him the starting QB next year depending on how everyone else does in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Do you know what injury prone means? It means a guy who is prone to being injured. We have three QBS and for some reason one of them has been called injury prone. Do you think it might have to do with the fact that he has been injured since high school? I mean somehow Hurad and Thigpen have played behind the same O line without nearly as many injuries. But I guess we can keep blaming it on the protection.
    Exactly. Brodie just happens to get hurt, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    You don't know for sure if he is done as a Chief.
    He's done, take a picture, right it down, he's done as a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Im not trying to defend Croyle since I didnt even like it when the Chiefs picked him. Although, after taking as many hits as he did, I cant blame him for being hurt again. That being said, if we keep him he should be nothing more than a backup. Huard will be gone after this year to either retirement or just let go. We are putting all eggs in 1 basket with Croyle, Thigpen and the new guy. I really think that after we see how Croyles injury heals Herm will name him the starting QB next year depending on how everyone else does in camp.
    I would agree with you if this were a problem that was limited to just his NFL career, but he was hurt in HS and college too. Sometimes a guy just can't take a hit.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    No way.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast