Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix the Chiefs

Default How to fix the Chiefs

The Chiefs are one of more interesting teams in the league, and could be one of the easiest to rebuild. In my opinion, the following owould be the best way:

1. Be very, very active in free agency and fix your lines.

Sign free agents O-linemen Jordan Gross (LT) and Marc Colombo (RT) to long term deals. Both are under 30. Overpay both of them if you have to and you will). Make gross the highest paid o-lineman in the league if you have to (and you'll have to) - just get them signed. This will also allow you to move Albert back to his natural position at RG and shoudl give the Chiefs an above average o-line.

Then sign Julius Pepper, Terrell Suggs, and Albert Haynesworth to long term deals for your d-line. All are under 30. Overpay them if you have to. Keep Dorsey at DT. The Chiefs will have the cap room to do this, even if you ignore step 2.

2. Clear out the dead weight.

Cut Brodie Croyle, Tamba Hali, MacIntosh, Donnie Edwards, all WRs not named Bowe, Pollard, Tank, Turk, Surtain, and every other project player that hasn't worked out. Try to trade those tradable and cut the rest.

3. Fix the QB position

Sign JP Losman to a two-year deal for near the minimum. Draft Stafford out of Georgia with the overall number 1 pick (which KC probably will have). Sit Stafford for a year at least and don't get him killed.

4. Convince Gonzalez and Waters not to retire.

This will be difficult, but a new regime committed to winning might be able to do it.

5. Don't cut or trade LJ

It makes no sense to cut him and eat his cap hit. Try to get 2-3 good years out of him. Behind a revamped line and with a good QB, he may become rejuvinated.

6. Draft well

Everyone needs to stop pretending Herm Edwards has drafted well. He hasn't, and most of his draft picks will be out of the league when their rookie contracts are up.

Even if the free agency plan above goes to plan, the Chiefs are still deficient at most positions. Stafford in the 1st round, and some mixture of WR, OL, LB, and CB over the rest. Do NOT draft any more DTs, RBs, TEs, or Ss.

7. Clean out the coaches and management personnel

Even if they weren't terrible at their jobs (and they are), you need to do this to rebuild faith in the franchise.

Cowher probably won't coach here (quit dreaming, people). Get Lane Kiffin (at least he'll care about Raiders games). Let him rebuild his staff. Throw a dumptruck of money at Scott Pioli to GM here.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Really? Losman is an average QB who will come cheap.

You in turn, have said Brodie Croyle should be our starter next year because he practiced against Ty Law and Patrick Surtain.

Grbac, are you really this , or are you just trolling?

Nobody would ever agree with you on here with signing J.P.Losman to a 2 year deal.Your just as as they come.Who agrees with this guy?!!?
    Last edited by chief31; 10-30-2008 at 07:20 AM.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Nobody would ever agree with you on here with signing J.P.Losman to a 2 year deal.Your just as dumb as they come.Who agrees with this guy?!!?
    1. If you are going to call others dumb, you might first want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

2. You have fixated on this whole Losman thing. I suggested we sign the best FA QB next year while prepping our QB of the future. Losman is the best free agent QB next year. He'd be a better QB than any we have on the roster. Who's against this?

3. On the other hand, you have, apparently, not actually ever watched a Chiefs game as you think that Brodie Croyle is still the Chiefs QB of the future (because, you know, he practiced against Ty Law AND Patrick Surtain) and that Grbac compared favorably with Favre.

There may be other threads on other boards where you come across as anything but an idiot. This isn't one of them.

1. If you are going to call others dumb, you might first want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

2. You have fixated on this whole Losman thing. I suggested we sign the best FA QB next year while prepping our QB of the future. Losman is the best free agent QB next year. He'd be a better QB than any we have on the roster. Who's against this?

3. On the other hand, you have, apparently, not actually ever watched a Chiefs game as you think that Brodie Croyle is still the Chiefs QB of the future (because, you know, he practiced against Ty Law AND Patrick Surtain) and that Grbac compared favorably with Favre.

There may be other threads on other boards where you come across as anything but an idiot. This isn't one of them.

You don't make any sense.You've been a Chief fan for only 1 year and mentioning that my opinion on CRoyle as the future for us leads to not watching the Chiefs is you.Oh for the record,I not so sprung on watching CRoyle when he never won a game for us but also is never in a game.That's maybe how you figured I didn't watch him(Chiefs).Why are we still on this Losman thing.You really think he's worthy as the best QB FA pickup.He's not better than Huard,Croyle or Thig.Canada already straightened you out and embarassed you.Go away.
    Last edited by chief31; 10-30-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    GRRRRRRRRR

You don't make any sense.You've been a Chief fan for only 1 year and mentioning that my opinion on CRoyle as the future for us leads to not watching the Chiefs is dumb as you.Oh for the record,I not so sprung on watching CRoyle when he never won a game for us but also is never in a game.That's maybe how you figured I didn't watch him(Chiefs).Why are we still on this Losman thing.You really think he's worthy as the best QB FA pickup.He's not better than Huard,Croyle or Thig.Canada already straightened you out and embarassed you.Go away.
    Were you drunk when you wrote this, did your meds wear off, or did you just forget how to write sentences? You might want to learn how to piece a sentence together before posting again.

Were you drunk when you wrote this, did your meds wear off, or did you just forget how to write sentences? You might want to learn how to piece a sentence together before posting again.

Why are you still commenting to a Pro on Chiefs Crowd?If your smart then you would recognize that my posts make sense.Canada,was drunk when he put you in check.I'm sober and you still don't make any sense.Canada can lift a glass of beer up and just spill it on your face.Please go away seriously this time.
    GRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think number "7" should be number "1".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Amen
    I agree!

Why are you still commenting to a Pro on Chiefs Crowd?If your smart then you would recognize that my posts make sense.Canada,was drunk when he put you in check.I'm sober and you still don't make any sense.Canada can lift a glass of beer up and just spill it on your face.Please go away seriously this time.
    I started this thread. No one asked you to comment in it. You have contributed nothing to this or any other thread except increasingly nonsensical posts.

Have you even watched a football game, ever? Do you know that a QB needs to be able to complete passes to a receiver? That a QB (Croyle) who can't finish a game without injury won't do that? That a QB who will retire at the end of the year (Huard) won't do that? That a QB who can only play in a spread formation (Thigpen) can't do that? That a QB without any sort of accuracy (Grey) can't do that?

Did you know that an o-line requires five actual blockers? We have only three, and one of those is retiring. Just adding one player won't do it.

You have yet to make a single post on this thread that shows you are anything but a twelve year old who has no idea what he is talking about.

I am...Garcia will be the best free agent option next season. Losman sucks. He make terrible decisions, has a wet noodle for an arm and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am...Garcia will be the best free agent option next season. Losman sucks. He make terrible decisions, has a wet noodle for an arm and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
    I thought about both Warner and Garcia, and rejected them because the odds of either (a) not retiring; (b) leaving their current teams, and (c) coming to play in KC, seemed very small.

As for the whole Losman thing, if you want, I'll readily agree that if a better FA QB is available, we should sign him and groom the rookie we draft. I just didn't see a better FA QB that would be available.

I thought about both Warner and Garcia, and rejected them because the odds of either (a) not retiring; (b) leaving their current teams, and (c) coming to play in KC, seemed very small.

As for the whole Losman thing, if you want, I'll readily agree that if a better FA QB is available, we should sign him and groom the rookie we draft. I just didn't see a better FA QB that would be available.
    I am biased cause I really hate the b_lls but I live in Niagara Falls and unfortunately had to see him play a lot (fubbalo is all they show in the bars around here) and I have never been impressed with anything I have ever seen him do. I agree we need a new QB but not Losman or our downhill slide will continue. He could not help Fubbalo win with half decent talent, he has no chance of winning here or teaching someone to win. JMHO
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast