Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 119

Thread: How to fix the Chiefs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default How to fix the Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    The Chiefs are one of more interesting teams in the league, and could be one of the easiest to rebuild. In my opinion, the following owould be the best way:

    1. Be very, very active in free agency and fix your lines.

    Sign free agents O-linemen Jordan Gross (LT) and Marc Colombo (RT) to long term deals. Both are under 30. Overpay both of them if you have to and you will). Make gross the highest paid o-lineman in the league if you have to (and you'll have to) - just get them signed. This will also allow you to move Albert back to his natural position at RG and shoudl give the Chiefs an above average o-line.

    Then sign Julius Pepper, Terrell Suggs, and Albert Haynesworth to long term deals for your d-line. All are under 30. Overpay them if you have to. Keep Dorsey at DT. The Chiefs will have the cap room to do this, even if you ignore step 2.

    2. Clear out the dead weight.

    Cut Brodie Croyle, Tamba Hali, MacIntosh, Donnie Edwards, all WRs not named Bowe, Pollard, Tank, Turk, Surtain, and every other project player that hasn't worked out. Try to trade those tradable and cut the rest.

    3. Fix the QB position

    Sign JP Losman to a two-year deal for near the minimum. Draft Stafford out of Georgia with the overall number 1 pick (which KC probably will have). Sit Stafford for a year at least and don't get him killed.

    4. Convince Gonzalez and Waters not to retire.

    This will be difficult, but a new regime committed to winning might be able to do it.

    5. Don't cut or trade LJ

    It makes no sense to cut him and eat his cap hit. Try to get 2-3 good years out of him. Behind a revamped line and with a good QB, he may become rejuvinated.

    6. Draft well

    Everyone needs to stop pretending Herm Edwards has drafted well. He hasn't, and most of his draft picks will be out of the league when their rookie contracts are up.

    Even if the free agency plan above goes to plan, the Chiefs are still deficient at most positions. Stafford in the 1st round, and some mixture of WR, OL, LB, and CB over the rest. Do NOT draft any more DTs, RBs, TEs, or Ss.

    7. Clean out the coaches and management personnel

    Even if they weren't terrible at their jobs (and they are), you need to do this to rebuild faith in the franchise.

    Cowher probably won't coach here (quit dreaming, people). Get Lane Kiffin (at least he'll care about Raiders games). Let him rebuild his staff. Throw a dumptruck of money at Scott Pioli to GM here.

    What do you think?

  2. #81
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I respect your opinion on this as much as I respect your opinion that Grbac was Favre's equal. And your opinion that Croyle is our QB of the future because he got to practice against Law and Surtain.

    Really, don't you ever get tired of being wrong, all of the time?


    The case involving CRoyle practicing against Ty Law and Patrick Surtain was a suggesting towards leaning towards a positive involving him instead of drafting another quarterback instead of allowing CRoyle to get his shot.I'm tired of reading your suck post anyways.I should throw "eggs" at you being that it's Mischief Night.
    GRRRRRRRRR

  3. #82
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    The case involving CRoyle practicing against Ty Law and Patrick Surtain was a suggesting towards leaning towards a positive involving him instead of drafting another quarterback instead of allowing CRoyle to get his shot.I'm tired of reading your suck post anyways.I should throw "eggs" at you being that it's Mischief Night.
    How old are you? Ten? Twelve?

    Your point about Croyle is a bad one, and you should feel bad about it.

    No one is making you post. Perhaps you should sit down, learn to read and write, watch some football games, and then come back and post more. You are doing no one any good right now, except me, who enjoys tearing you apart.

  4. #83
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Will you two lighten up?

    JM Lamerson, its obvious you are at least passionate bout the Chiefs. And I dont disagree with some of your facts because they are dead on.

    If I had to give you MY 2 cents tho it would be:

    1) For the Rookies, give them time before you harp on them too much. Yes it is frustrating watching other rookies Like Chris Johnson, Daunte Avery, Matt Ryan etc. to take off. But there are plenty of other teams that are trying to get the wheels rolling for they're rookies.

    2) Dick Vermiel, I do blame a lot of our bad drafting on Dick. But he didnt have a lot to say on others either. He didnt want LJ. We couldve gotten Troy P. LB Nick Barnett or stud CB Ndami Asoughma. Those guys just off the top of my head in that draft. (All pro bowlers).

    3)Carl Peterson, every point you make has an influence by him. Fix him.....fix a lot of these problems.

  5. #84
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    How old are you? Ten? Twelve?

    Your point about Croyle is a bad one, and you should feel bad about it.

    No one is making you post. Perhaps you should sit down, learn to read and write, watch some football games, and then come back and post more. You are doing no one any good right now, except me, who enjoys tearing you apart.

    How would you feel if dozens of eggs were thrown at you!!???!Consider me as the 1 that destroyed your career here on Chiefs Crowd.My mission with Chiefs Crowd is finished.Be safe on the streets tonight because "eggs" are coming your way.:borg:
    GRRRRRRRRR

  6. #85
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    How would you feel if dozens of eggs were thrown at you!!???!Consider me as the 1 that destroyed your career here on Chiefs Crowd.My mission with Chiefs Crowd is finished.Be safe on the streets tonight because "eggs" are coming your way.:borg:
    It's too nice to say you have delusions of granduer.

    You have delusions of mediocrity.

  7. #86
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Will you two lighten up?

    JM Lamerson, its obvious you are at least passionate bout the Chiefs. And I dont disagree with some of your facts because they are dead on.

    If I had to give you MY 2 cents tho it would be:

    1) For the Rookies, give them time before you harp on them too much. Yes it is frustrating watching other rookies Like Chris Johnson, Daunte Avery, Matt Ryan etc. to take off. But there are plenty of other teams that are trying to get the wheels rolling for they're rookies.

    2) Dick Vermiel, I do blame a lot of our bad drafting on Dick. But he didnt have a lot to say on others either. He didnt want LJ. We couldve gotten Troy P. LB Nick Barnett or stud CB Ndami Asoughma. Those guys just off the top of my head in that draft. (All pro bowlers).

    3)Carl Peterson, every point you make has an influence by him. Fix him.....fix a lot of these problems.
    I am content to just post here about the Chiefs, unlike some idiots. Eggs? Can we ban the mentally challenged from the board, or at least his thread?

    1. True about the rookies. And I'm not going after most of this year's class as players. I'm just saying that they were bad picks for our team. That we've drafted gluts of players at S, TE, DL, and RB in the first three rounds, and few at OL, LB, and QB in the first three rounds. That guys like Morgan, Charles, and Cottam may have Hall of Fame talent - but they won't do the Chiefs any good because they're deep on the depth chart behind players not leaving anytime soon.

    We've ignored positions of need for players we don't need. We keep drafting players who won't help this team rebuild no matter how much talent they have.

    2. Vermiel did not draft well at all. But he didn't draft worse than Herm. That's all I'm saying. And Vermeil, for all of his faults, could coach this team to a better record than 1-15 over the past 16 games.

    3. I agree entirely.

  8. #87
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Why do you want to ban me?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #88
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why do you want to ban me?
    FINE! I'll drop the criteria to mentally disabled! Happy?

    Seriously, some posters on this thread (not you, obviously) come off as dim ten-year-olds.

  10. #89
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,761
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Over 20,000 yards in five seasons, with a QB rating over 90? Yeah. That's well worth a 1st and a 2nd.

    I'll leave the rest of that for you and jmlamerson to work out. But Green was awefully damn good here for five striaght seasons.

    Maybe sometime soon, I will go over the likelihood of finding a 1st round QB that can match that productivity.
    How would Drew Brees sound on this team if we had taken a QB instead of trading our 1st and 2nd to the Rams? He's in his prime right now and wasn't exactly horrible in San Diego. Brees was the next QB taken after the the 12th pick.

    Then, instead of trading another top pick in 2002 for Willie Roaf, we could've drafted Maurice Williams in the 2nd round. Imagine that.... ACTUALLY DEVELOPING talent instead of paying a high price for players with only 5 years left until retirement. Both Brees and Williams would be cornerstones of the team right now.

    Then, because we wouldn't have to trade for Roaf, we'd have another high pick the following year in which to draft and develop.

    But, knowing Vermeil's drafting ability, he probably would've drafted Freddie Mitchell in the first and Kendrell Bell in the 2nd. So, knowing that Vermeil was in charge of the draft board, trading our first two picks for Green, probably WAS the best option.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't see why you think you're making sense. You are equating being on the Herm Edwards Chiefs for three years to being on any other team in the NFL for three years. Herm Edwards has kept players on this team who could not get work elsewhere in the NFL (Richardson, Johnston, Stallings, Webb, etc.). He has also released those people who have done very well elsewhere (K. Mitchell, T. Richardson, J. Wilkerson).

    Actually, Richardson left. Mitchell is average AT BEST and in what world is Wilkerson a good player?

    Herm has kept his picks on the team because he cannot attract the necessary free agents to play in those positions with a NFL level of skill. He also wants to keep up his image as a master talent evaluator. This is the way Isiah Thomas held onto his job for years with the Knicks.

    Actually, (I'm sorry I have to keep setting you straight), but Herm Edwards was voted 4th by players in term of who they would "most like to play for.

    http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5162207

    " But, your random nonsense about "not being able to attract free agents" sounds so much better if you could have some kind of proof to support your theories. I guess you missed the part all off season when the franchise said they weren't going to pursue free agents.


    None of these players I labeled busts would make the practice squad on most teams.

    lmfao... yeah, ok.

    And yes, Flowers, a 2nd round CB, WAS the best pick made by the Chiefs over the past two years. Bowe was the 2nd best pick. Carr is probably the 3rd. Albert has been injured trying to play LT. He isn't right for it. Did we reach too high for a RG? Probably. But we and he would be much better off playing him there. Charles should be a great 3rd down back. Tell that to the people who claim he'll have success running the ball 20+ times a game.

    I'd love to. I watched him his entire collegiate career and can tell you that he's not a featured back in the NFL.

    A small point. It is idiotic for the Chiefs to keep pouring picks into RBs, SSs, and TEs to be backups in case of retirements/trades, when we have established players in front of them.

    yeah, i guess it's idiotic... if you don't NEED them. The Chiefs are bringing the KR into the RB rotation because LJ is out, Charles is hurt and we don't have anyone else to backup Smith.

    If you are able, explain to me how it makes sense to draft Cottam in the 3rd, sign him to a three-year contract, and then refuse to trade Tony G. Explain to me how it makes sense to draft a SS (he's too slow for FS) in Morgan in the 3rd when you have 23-year-old Pollard cemented in the SS slot?

    The fact is, Gonzo WILL be retiring soon and you don't wait until a player is retired to think about replacing him. *see Roaf/Shields. Cottam is a rookie. Like any rookie, if you're able to let him see an all-pro for a year or two before letting him play, then you do that... regardless of where you draft him. If you can afford to let him sit, let him sit. Also, if you don't receive what you're asking for, why would you trade one of your best players? You're telling me you would've been ok with a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder for TG?

    Who would've been the backup SS if Morgan wasn't drafted?


    My point about Vermeil was that he drafted badly. I said it in my post. You chopped it up to make it seem otherwise. Do you think this helps or hurts your credibility?

    I didn't chop anything up. Facts are facts. You seem to think it's ok for the Chiefs to have traded away 1st and 2nd round picks like they were going out of style for players who performed well.... but for only 4 or 5 years. That's NOT how you develop a team for long-term success. That's how you sell off all your long-term assets for short-term success. It didn't work, and now the Chiefs are paying a VERY hefty price and trying to lay ALL the blame on someone who at the VERY least understands that you can't build a long-term winner with other team's cast-offs.

    I wrote that we need to wait and see for most of this year's draft, including Morgan, Charles, Dorsey, Albert, and the other you whined that I slighted. I'm not going to call them successes (or futur stars) before I actually see them do anything successfully.

    In a way, I admire your utter committment to the current vision of the team. On the other hand, I'm pretty contemptuous of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about and that you're misstating what I've written.

    In no way have i EVER changed ANYTHING you've written in your posts. So, if i've never touched your written words, it's impossible to "misstate" ANYTHING you've written. Your lack of football knowledge is staggering. Your talent evaluation is worse the Vermeil's and you're tying to call ME out on credibility? LMFAO!!! At least i can support my claims. You spout random bullsh!# like it's truth without any support, whatsoever.

    I've been here talking about the Chiefs for two years now. My take on the Chiefs, my knowledge of football and writing ability has led me to the point where i've been asked to write commentaries on other websites, be a founding member on other websites and flat out kick your *** rhetorically whenever i feel like it.

    My "credibility" as been well established. Get a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I respect your opinion on this as much as I respect your opinion that Grbac was Favre's equal. And your opinion that Croyle is our QB of the future because he got to practice against Law and Surtain.

    Really, don't you ever get tired of being wrong, all of the time?

    And you insulted a lot of people by referring to you two idiots (you and Texaschief) as "everybody."
    Really?

  11. #90
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sexy Ville
    Posts
    1,383
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why do you want to ban me?
    Canada, your not classified as "mentally disabled".

    Your just classified as .....um, whats the technical term?..........oh yeah..."drunk."

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •