Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs and Playoffs? Listen before you laugh.

Exclamation Chiefs and Playoffs? Listen before you laugh.

The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I have to admit...I laughed before I listened. And then, I listened and still laughed.

In all seriousness, there's about a 1 percent chance of us winning one more football game, let alone making a wildcard playoff berth. This team is woefully inconsistent right now.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I have to admit...I laughed before I listened. And then, I listened and still laughed.

right now.
    Funny as hell.

Seriously tho, thats how woeful our division is. The last two games I can seriously think we can beat. I brought this up in an earlier thread, that if we went 6-2 teh rest of the season, our playoff chances are good. the question is what two teams do we lose to. (Please sunshiners, me saying we lose 2 games is optimistic enuf)

If going 6-2 with this team against this schedule is impossible.....then let me hear somebody say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

If going 6-2 with this team against this schedule is impossible.....then let me hear somebody say it.
    It's impossible. There, I said it. Because there is no "this team" so far. "This team" is terribly inconsistent. Would it surprise me if San Diego rolls over us by 3 TD's this weekend? No. Would it surprise me if we pulled out a win? No. This team is so erratic and under coached, it's really not funny anymore. I say it's way too early to say what kind of team "this team" is right now. It would be awfully hard for the 2008 Chiefs to win any game on the road, when we blew a 23 point lead at home. I know it sucks, but it is what it is. Coaching and game management has also been bad and that hurts an already struggling team.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I thought I had too much too drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
    Well, we have already lost to 2 of those teams sooo.......

Doggone it, the Donks had to go and win tonight. Now they're 5-4. 4-5 would have been so much more fun. Now even with a win at SD we'd still be 3 games back. Why did Cutler have to be like Elway in the 4th quarter? Oh, because the opponent was the Browns (who Elway always burned in the comeback drives).

This isn't even worth a reply.

err wait.

Damn.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!
    After watching the Broncos thursday night, (who are supposed to be the best team in this division) barely beat a surprisingly bad Browns team, I'm not convinced they get to 8-8 or even 7-9 for that matter. I think if the Chargers can get healthy, they'll end up winning this division.

Broncos remaining:
    @ Atlanta-loss
    Oakland-win
    @NYJ-loss
    KC-loss
    @Carolina-loss
    Buffalo-loss
    @ San Diego-loss

Even IF they beat the Chiefs 4 weeks from now, I only see a 7-9 team at the best.

San Diego remaining:
    KC-loss
    @Pitt-loss
    Indy-loss
    Atlanta-loss
    Oakland-win
    @KC-loss
    @Tampa-loss
    Denver-win

Even if the beat the Chiefs twice, that leaves them with a 7-9 season. I mean, looking at the rest of that schedule, who can you definitively say they're going to beat? Atlanta? Maybe?

Oakland remaining
    Carolina-loss
    @Miami-loss
    @Denver-loss
    KC-loss
    @San Diego-loss
    New England-loss
    Houston-win?
    @Tampa-loss

Even if they beat the Chiefs again, that leaves them with a 4 win season at best.

Chiefs remaining
    @San Diego-win
    New Orleans-loss
    Buffalo-loss
    @Oakland-win
    @Denver-win
    San Diego-win
    Miami-win
    Cincinnati-win

The Chiefs remaining schedule is by far the least hazardous of the 4 division foes. Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance the Chiefs could drop a lot more than 2 games of their remaining schedule. But, if they could somehow win both San Diego games and the Denver game, they'd have the tie breakers over both teams if they were able to split with the Broncos and Chargers, that would probably tie them all at 6-10. I pretty sure the Chiefs would lose any tie breakers. lol

But, if they could somehow win their remaining division games, then beat Miami and Cinci, we might actually win the division. LMAO. Maybe its just me, but winning those 6 games, doesn't seem out of the question. Especially after watching Denver against the Chiefs and the Browns. I honestly haven't seen the Chargers yet, but the lost to the Broncos a couple weeks before we killed them.

I'm just sayin, if this team is righting the ship and continues to play at a level that took the Bucs to overtime, it's not entirely impossible. But, with a team full of rookies and injured starters, it's going to be A LOT to ask of this team to play at that level consistently.

texaschief,

The only game I'd question in your list is that Miami game. They've looked better than most expected this year. I've actually been saying for the past few weeks that I wouldn't be surprised by Miami winning their division. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised. As such, I wouldn't chalk them up as a win quite yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast